• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

L33T

Banned

I saw this hidden, equally as awesome video on my TL earlier.

3GiT154.png

From http://respawn.ninja/2015/08/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-review/

Niiiiiiiiiiiice.

eschiver

GUYS!!

From Kotaku review:

"Every mission both starts and ends with a credit sequence that puts Hideo Kojima’s name front and center, which feels sort of like a final “fuck you” to Konami after that whole box art thing."

HAHAHAHA

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
all those story bits left open people be forgetting this is a midquel set before the rest of the story we already know

Spaghetti

conflicting reports on story. wonder who was right. still standing by my prediction that if it aint' a cutscene, people aren't counting it as story when it most definitely is, or they're just ignoring the tapes like dummies.

customisation (of seemingly almost everything) sounds fucking amazing though.

NYR94

conflicting reports on story. wonder who was right. still standing by my prediction that if it aint' a cutscene, people aren't counting it as story when it most definitely is, or they're just ignoring the tapes like dummies.

customisation (of seemingly almost everything) sounds fucking amazing though.

Yeah, there are mentions in review of having to listen to the cassette tapes to get the full story. I think the "sparse story" people didn't have the time/desire to find and listen to all of the tapes.

The reports on the story are leaving me a little sad; wish I hadn't read them, I need to go into this with a positive attitude! I know they had their problems, but god damn I love the MGS cut scenes.

pahamrick

I don't care if the story turns out to be the equivalent of a wet fart (which doesn't sound to be the case), all the gameplay stuff alone has me excited.

I wonder if Greg just accidentally slipped and killed hopes for many people.

Rajang

Yeah, there are mentions in review of having to listen to the cassette tapes to get the full story. I think the "sparse story" people didn't have the time/desire to find and listen to all of the tapes.

Exactly.

Tapes gave so much backstory in PW. Kojima also said the story wont be only told through the cutscenes.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
i also dont care, i already know what happens to Big Boss, Ocelot, Miller, Zero, and everyone else. The gameplay possibilities and complete tactical stealth is what I bought and that seems to be more than perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom