• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solidino

i hope TPP will sell 200 million dollars ( XD ) in the first week, this would be a significan signal to Konami, for what it has done to Kojima, shame on u Konami, forever.

strafer

「MGSV TPP」手造りロンチ・ファン・トレーラー「メタルギアの進歩と調和」の公開日時が決まりました。

8/25
USはLA時間の6:00AM、NY時間の9:00AM。
UKはロンドン時間の2:00PM。
日本は11:00PM。 http://t.co/QMFgfAPEVm

CNKCEQZVAAA-QrX.jpg:large

Wow, hes got the bandana

Mexen

You guys didn't think I'd miss Kojima's birthday, did you?

Are Kinde and brau making something from this community to him?

Yes! Also, notice the scars-- they are barely visible. Wonder if it's a flashback to a younger Naked Snake?

I'm betting we'll see that in the game at another point. Though now I'm thinking it's a model switch for the trailer. The background is the same as the one Kojima posted before and both backgrounds are the hallway where BB walks showing his transformation from Ground Zeroes Snake to Phantom Pain Big Boss.

If scene is the same in game, I wonder what happens before/after it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
From Kotaku:

• Speaking of things that are unbelievable, I still can’t fathom the technical wizardry behind this game. It runs at a locked 60 frames-per-second (I’m playing on PS4), which is a buzzword you might be sick of in 2015, but for a game with precise movements like MGSV the framerate makes a huge difference. And no matter how many explosions go off in the field, the game has never once stuttered for me. Not a single frame drop. Combined with Snake’s great animations, this locked framerate makes every action in MGSV feel perfect. Slithering on the ground, body-slamming enemies, climbing up ladders—it all looks and sounds great, especially compared to the jankiness of something like The Witcher 3 on consoles.
  • The Phantom Pain looks incredible, too—anyone who’s played an open-world video game might be conditioned to expect pop-in or other weird technical glitches when peering through binoculars or down the barrel of a sniper rifle, but Metal Gear Solid V is as smooth as it gets. It’d be a serious crime if Konami prevents anyone else from using this game’s technology—a set of tools called the FOX Engine—for anything but pachinko tables.

mf.luder

Million dollar question, does it give unlimited ammo ;)

Okay, this has been something I've wanted to know for a while. Solid Snake says to Raiden "infinite ammo" and points with his thumb, I took it to mean that he was smart and he would never run out of bullets because he knew how to approach situations.

Anyone else agree or did you just think no he was pointing to the bandana and how it gives you infinite ammo.

strafer

Okay, this has been something I've wanted to know for a while. Solid Snake says to Raiden "infinite ammo" and points with his thumb, I took it to mean that he was smart and he would never run out of bullets because he knew how to approach situations.

Anyone else agree or did you just think no he was pointing to the bandana and how it gives you infinite ammo.

the banana

MajorTom

In mgs1 the bandana gives you infinite ammo

It's a bit of both. Raiden idolizes Snake and thinks he'll never screw up like the Legendary mercenary he is. And it's a nod to MGS1. Some(including me) think it's a 4th wall break with Snake hinting the player through Raiden that he knows that we know what the Bandana did in MGS1.

raven777

It's Bandana

SyberWolf

has anyone heard from konami or from the KJP team if FOB is legit behind a pay wall or if its just going to take long to earn a MB coin to play FOB?

MajorTom

has anyone heard from konami or from the KJP team if FOB is legit behind a pay wall or if its just going to take long to earn a MB coin to play FOB?
They're never getting money for FOB from me. If it's impossible to do without paying then I guess I'll never play a mode that in all honesty looks fucking amazing.

Vally

I hope there's a way to earn MB coins because I know I'll be paying for the FOB stuff otherwise :( I wish I could ignore it but the gamescom demo was just too good

Banzai

I thought they were pretty clear about everything being unlockable without microtransactions. They said MTs were just a way to go for people who aren't able to invest as much time in the game.

I sincerely doubt FOB is locked away behind microtransactions.

J4g3r

I hope there's a way to earn MB coins because I know I'll be paying for the FOB stuff otherwise :( I wish I could ignore it but the gamescom demo was just too good

I remember when Capcom did the same with Rift Crystals in Dragon's Dogma and there was a quite a backlash because of it.

Turned out it was easy enough to earn them in-game without microtransactions. I'm really hoping this is the same case here.

YomommaZ

Uugggghhhhh this wait is killing me!! And I have to wait untill 9th to properly start playing it...

I'm resisting all day against clicking any videos or threads other than this one and the first page of the review thread. Oh lawd give me strength...

In the 40 minute E3 footage the guy clearly says that every single thing will be available to players in the game without microtransactions. We should be able to earn MB coins through Single player missions.

Also do we know what Heroism is used for?

If it's the same as PW, it's essentially Big Boss's brainwashing meter.

The higher the heroism, the more volunteers join Mother Base while you're away doing stuff, and the faster kidnapped soldiers break and become your groupie.

That makes sense. I've only watched the PW movie but never played it.

Sure but how much do you have to grind is what interests me

That's the question of the day. It shouldn't be too much, and there probably should be an ingame currency equivalent to coins which we'll earn/convert using existing other items. Has this been talked about any other review?

「MGSV TPP」手造りロンチ・ファン・トレーラー「メタルギアの進歩と調和」の公開日時が決まりました。

8/25
USはLA時間の6:00AM、NY時間の9:00AM。
UKはロンドン時間の2:00PM。
日本は11:00PM。 http://t.co/QMFgfAPEVm

CNKCEQZVAAA-QrX.jpg:large

oh damn that looks sweet cant wait

VulpX

The amount of negativity in the review thread is really baffling. 10's all around, the game is obviously very good and heralded by many of the reviewers as probably the best Metal Gear.

"Meh, it hasn't got the MGS DNA"

"All classic MGS elements are missing"

"There's no story"

"WTF is up with all the tapes, man that is cheap"

I am no longer opening that thread. It really is a classic case of only reading/hearing what you want to hear for some people in there.

I thought they were pretty clear about everything being unlockable without microtransactions. They said MTs were just a way to go for people who aren't able to invest as much time in the game.

I sincerely doubt FOB is locked away behind microtransactions.

This, plus Gamespot didn't make it clear in their article - I don't think they actually know if there's a paywall or not until they can go online.

I am no longer opening that thread. It really is a classic case of only reading/hearing what you want to hear for some people in there.

Review thread is SMH.

At the end of the day, I will always remember this Kojima quote :

"As a creator, I always want to betray fans' expectations."

That he dared to do this with MGS2, that he both manages to deliver on fanservice while still betray expectations with MGS4, how he did it again by completely flipping over the game design of an MGS game with Peace Walker, and how he does so (apparently) again with MGSV is what makes Metal Gear what it is.

Embrace the betrayal.

raven777

My hype level has been increasing a lot recently since the game is coming out very soon..

I mean.. of course I was hyped for this game before....but the hype level wasn't as big as MGS4's (I was never more hyped for a game than MGS4).

But starting with last week's MGS history trailer and now these reviews, my hype level has been going up significantly. I am sure after watching tomorrow's launch trailer my hype level will explode to MGS4 level.

I have a request, maybe someone can help me.

So I 2-3 weeks I tried to use the code, which was in the retail copy of Ground Zeroes (PS4).
I tried to use it, but it obviously didn't work, but at the time I just thought that I already redeemed the code so that's the reason it didn't worked.

But this isn't the case as we all know. Is there someone who can give me the code for PS4? I am asking because I think some of you guys don't need the code anymore as you're planning to play on PC.

So if anyone have spare code, I would love to take it. Thanks.

Edit: Shit, I forgot to add that I threw it away, brain fucking work, please.

SyberWolf

I have a request, maybe someone can help me.

So I 2-3 weeks I tried to use the code, which was in the retail copy of Ground Zeroes (PS4).
I tried to use it, but it obviously didn't work, but at the time I just thought that I already redeemed the code so that's the reason it didn't worked.

But this isn't the case as we all know. Is there someone who can give me the code for PS4? I am asking because I think some of you guys don't need the code anymore as you're planning to play on PC.

So if anyone have spare code, I would love to take it. Thanks.

the code works after 1 sept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom