• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

Sorry, I had to be more specific. How have you guys managed to get such a detailed avatar at that size?

I am more than happy to help you make a new one if you want. If you reference me to your img you have, i can give you some options. I am, by no means, an authority in avatars. But i do my share around here :p

100% true.
Every area has its own unique enemies.
Some from previous areas are still there but every consecutive area after New yarhnam introduces new enemies that force you to constantly change your play style.

The setting changes but generally it has the same theme, the hidden towns and areas introduce a completely new art direction as well as some challenging hidden bosses.

Then there are the chalice dungeons which I recommend giving a try before you level up too much.
The first dungeon is a set dungeon that everyone gets, after that every dungeon is randomly generated and each "level" of the dungeon has a boss.
These dungeons will take what you thought you knew about the games enemies and completely change everything.
They are insanely challenging!

Obviously you are introduced to new, more exciting, more powerful weapons and there is some fun to be had when you summon other players (or invade their games).
There is one (two if you find the nightmare realm) area's where if you don't kill a specific person then you are constantly invaded by other players and you can even be invaded by three at a time.

Have fun sheriff!

Great advice! I've needed a little kick in the ass to get moving and Brau's shoes are made of pillows so apparently it wasn't working. That all sounds really exciting! I think I just got stuck, needed to grind blood vials, and realized I had only leveled up once ever so going back for the first time to "just grind some" seemed like a drag with a shit controller. I think it's just a loss of momentum. Once I get going again I think I'll be rehooked.

Venom Fox

Banned
They won't be able to spoil the story, they'll probably be allowed to tell us the general "theme" of what happens during and after Cyprus.

I'd like to know some more details on the 13 missions they played though!
Just to see if the side missions are as varied as the main ones.

I am more than happy to help you make a new one if you want. If you reference me to your img you have, i can give you some options. I am, by no means, an authority in avatars. But i do my share around here :p

Could I give you the .psd file so you could downsize/change it?

Venom Fox

Banned
Great advice! I've needed a little kick in the ass to get moving and Brau's shoes are made of pillows so apparently it wasn't working. That all sounds really exciting! I think I just got stuck, needed to grind blood vials, and realized I had only leveled up once ever so going back for the first time to "just grind some" seemed like a drag with a shit controller. I think it's just a loss of momentum. Once I get going again I think I'll be rehooked.
Thanks!
There is more to it but I'm on my IPad and my thumbs can only take so much typing lol.
It's a shame you couldn't do it before The Witcher 3 comes out.
If your getting it that is.

Anyway, it's definitely my GOTY until TW3 and MGSV come along and sweep me away for the rest of my eternity.

Sorry that this is off topic. Your band that you have a link to in your profile, that still a thing?

Not that band in that incarnation, but I am still writing music and trying to put together a new EP this year. I have a lot of new exciting ideas. I'll make a demo to share of one of the songs soon if you enjoy it.

MajorTom

Not that band in that incarnation, but I am still writing music and trying to put together a new EP this year. I have a lot of new exciting ideas. I'll make a demo to share of one of the songs soon if you enjoy it.
Yeah I thought it was pretty cool. Not really my sort of music but I have some friends who like that kind of thing. I got a very "Mumford and Sons" kinda vibe from it.
You've clearly got a lot of talent man. Hopefully it takes you far :)

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
My best friend's band did an impromptu cover of Not Your Kind of People while they were recording in New Orleans. The original guitarist for Evanescence ended up working with them for it too. Kinda crazy. All he has is a rough phone copy, but I'll see about sharing with y'all if there's ever any interest.

Sorry, the Nuclear cover thing just sorta reminded me.

I came in here mainly to say holy hell at that bunch of new information. Can't decide if I will go dark or not come June. I really, really, really doubt I'll be able to. 06/09: SNEAK OUT?

MajorTom

I came in here mainly to say holy hell at that bunch of new information. Can't decide if I will go dark or not come June. I really, really, really doubt I'll be able to. 06/09: SNEAK OUT?
I'll be on holiday then so thankfully I'll miss everything. Then I can just ask you guys for the spoiler free version of what went on :p

OldLogos

Banned
Off topic, but has anyone here gotten Killing Floor 2? I'm on the fence right now, and want to know if anybody has any words of praise.

You still need to share your cover of Nuclear.

You are not wrong. I want to actually make a worthwhile recording instead of just a phone video in a bathroom (albeit my bathroom has grade A acoustics.) I have a buddy with some equipment, maybe I can get something laid down soon!

Yeah I thought it was pretty cool. Not really my sort of music but I have some friends who like that kind of thing. I got a very "Mumford and Sons" kinda vibe from it.
You've clearly got a lot of talent man. Hopefully it takes you far :)

Thanks, brother! I really truly appreciate that! I do like me some Mumford, though Bluegrass is never something I could really nail. I pull a lot of inspiration from The Decemberists, Bright Eyes, and Margot & the Nuclear So and So's, but learned music on The Beatles. I play acoustic and my rasp/vowel shapes lends itself to the Mumford comparison, and I'll never complain about that (huge compliment), though it wasn't intentional!

OldLogos

Banned
Haven't got it myself but I have played it. I think it's pretty sweet especially if you can get some friends.

Yeah i got a friend who's been trying to get me to buy it. I really like the idea of what they did with the difficulty settings: enemies don't get more health or do more damage, but instead spawn from new places and have new behaviors.

I was having fun with MGS. Then I got to this remote controlled rocket section.

You can use first-person-view when controlling the rocket, it's a lot more precise that way imo.

Edit: And remember, since a lot of first-timers seem to miss this: MGS1 has analogue stick support, it's just one of those weird PS1 games where you have to turn it on manually, every time you start the game. On a PS3 press the PS Home button and go under Controller Setup.

MajorTom

Edit: And remember, since a lot of first-timers seem to miss this: MGS1 has analogue stick support, it's just one of those weird PS1 games where you have to turn it on manually, every time you start the game. On a PS3 press the PS Home button and go under Controller Setup.
I always use dpad for mgs1. It just works better.

Sn4ke_911 and rest of Team A:

Did you guys observed how Konami are letting the press play almost the first 25 hours of the game before launch? According to Kojima, the game will easily last 100 hours. So by rough estimates the press has already played 25% of the game.

I am sure that 25% of the game includes heavy story elements. Why would Konami allow them to play so much of the game?

I am intrigued as to what the rest of the game holds.

Playable Solid Snake acted by Hayter for the remaining 50%, taking down Outer Heaven.

Rajang

Did you guys observed how Konami are letting the press play almost the first 25 hours of the game before launch? According to Kojima, the game will easily last 100 hours. So by rough estimates the press has already played 25% of the game.

I am sure that 25% of the game includes heavy story elements. Why would Konami allow them to play so much of the game?

Playable Solid Snake acted by Hayter for the remaining 50%, taking down Outer Heaven.

I think the final chapter (epilogue) will be the "Operation Intrude N313" mission. Where we will control Solid Snake.

That would be so awesome.

You can use first-person-view when controlling the rocket, it's a lot more precise that way imo.

I actually turned the analog on when I first booted the game, so that's not the problem! I'll try to first person view next.

Rajang

Sure! I know something will happen.

Haha nice.

tumblr_lkcaniD5H01qcq2vho1_500.gif

Someone add him please. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

Mexen

I always use dpad for mgs1. It just works better.

This.

Obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom