• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Sn4ke_911 and rest of Team A:

Did you guys observed how Konami are letting the press play almost the first 25 hours of the game before launch? According to Kojima, the game will easily last 100 hours. So by rough estimates the press has already played 25% of the game.

I am sure that 25% of the game includes heavy story elements. Why would Konami allow them to play so much of the game?

I am intrigued as to what the rest of the game holds.

Playable Solid Snake acted by Hayter for the remaining 50%, taking down Outer Heaven.

AFAIK they got to play two days and each day for about 7-8 hours.

They could only play up to chapter 11.

Peter Brown editor at Gamespot said this:

"In this mission, Episode 6, I'm 4% into the game, at about 7 hours of gameplay,, give or take."

They barely scratched the surface.

I always use dpad for mgs1. It just works better.

I dunno, I can't really see any advantage or disadvantage over either method except that the Dualshock's d-pad feels really uncomfortable on my thumb.

That's why I even use the stick with games that *do* objectively control more precise with the d-pad, like the classic tank-control Resident Evils or the MSX Metal Gears for that matter.

Actually, there is one advantage when using the stick in MGS1. You can look around gradually, instead of just snapping your neck in a direction.

Don't be a playa Hayter.

6925-1349945830.gif

Rajang

"In this mission, Episode 6, I'm 4% into the game, at about 7 hours of gameplay,, give or take."

Lets say about 14 hours of gameplay per chapter. And I'm guessing around 4 or 5 chapters total. And that's not even counting the side ops..

Yeah and someone played 13 hours per day or something but most people played around 11 chapters.

That's what I thought. Just pointed it out because that's more than the leaked titles that were listed from that chinese site (11 I think), if there was a mission limit on that build I don't think we know it.

Vally

You need to make our avatars produce Hayter's face.

If in September TeamA turns out to be right I will. We could print it and send it to Hayter like what we did with the other mosaic lol

If you guys are wrong I'll make the avatars produce a plate with a crow or something instead
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

brau

If in September TeamA turns out to be right I will. We could print it and send it to Hayter like what we did with the other mosaic lol

If you guys are wrong I'll make the avatars produce a plate with a crow or something instead
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

I just bookmarked this.

leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

I'm going to take 1000 pictures of my face and make it into Stephanie Joosten's face and send it to her. That'd be cool, right?

Venom Fox

Banned
Wouldn't it be cool if Konami did a deal with Sony and the week before E3 they released the first 11-13 missions for the game as a surprise.

The week during E3 they announce the MGO beta!

Mexen

Team A will be a victory for you. Though it won't be as satisfying to rub in everyones face since we all know it's going to happen.

I actually LOL.

leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Fair enough.
I'd get right on it then. Jk

Boss, you are missing the point. Several journos have played till Episode 13 on day one. The preview is going on for a few more days. These impressions are just for day one.

OldLogos

Banned
Need some clarification here. If my memory serves well, aren't each of the chapters broken into episodes? I feel like a lot of the early reviewers saying things like "I made it to Chapter 13" are confusing that with the episodes.

So, if the Chinese leak is right about chapters is it possible these people are only on, like, episode 13 of chapter 1?

brau

Need some clarification here. If my memory serves well, aren't each of the chapters broken into episodes? I feel like a lot of the early reviewers saying things like "I made it to Chapter 13" are confusing that with the episodes.

So, if the Chinese leak is right about chapters is it possible these people are only on, like, episode 13 of chapter 1?

I think this is the case. But someone else paying more attention can give a definite yes or no. But my impression is that they are just playing segments of the first chapter.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Boss, you are missing the point. Several journos have played till Episode 13 on day one. The preview is going on for a few more days. These impressions are just for day one.

Greg Miller said yesterday he played on monday the whole day... Gaffer Brazil said this:

"Just to be clear: I will read through all of this later and answer questions. Right now I'll try to brave my way through as much content as I can in my limited time, haha."

So to me it sounds like they had two days with the game, monday and tuesday.

Greg Miller said yesterday he played on monday the whole day... Gaffer Brazil said this:

"Just to be clear: I will read through all of this later and answer questions. Right now I'll try to brave my way through as much content as I can in my limited time, haha."

So to me it sounds like they had two days with the game, monday and tuesday.

And one of the days being MGO, presumably?

Hm. Hadn't considered. Has there been any tweets that seem to imply they are getting ANY hands on that? I'm curious.

yes, they've given the embargo date for that too, so I assume they played both while they were at K
P
LA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxRZ-oPjekQ

Metal Gear Solid V - THAT Character Referenced in MGSV Preview

It's happening... I just realized I don't want it...

Ugh Yong, that tweet was quoting someone else who was posting troll comments
https://twitter.com/CescAguedas/status/598169156471681024

I always use dpad for mgs1. It just works better.
It is. I always play with Y axis inverted but with d-pad I got to switch it off and play normal.

I don't know why I haven't signed on Team A since my forst post on GAF was about Hayter appearing as Solid in TPP. So sign me in, please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom