• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these new details.

WMx5PiN.gif

Ugggggh. Why does it have to be so far away.

SO FAR SO FAR AWAAAAY

Mexen

Aaaaaand I just found out my favourite cyber punk anime is getting a new game or will, idk. It's late and I'm too tired to look details up and thinking of Kusanagi Motoko at this point will lead me to places I don't wish to go. I'll see you guys tomorrow.

2015 is GOAT.

I can't help but think of Vice City when I hear that song.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

WE'RE THE KIDS IN AMERICA WOOAHOOO

*runs over strip of pedestrians in crazy car chase*

I can't wait to fulton people while that's in the background. I wonder what other 80s tunes will make an appearance?

I NEED MORE DETAILS NOW. BRAZIL WHERE ARE YOU???

Shy

Today reminded me how expensive TPP is going to be for me.
Because i'm importing the Japanese premium PS4 edition, the uk day one PS4 edition and the steam version.

MajorTom

Added Batzi upon request.

hUDRGM8.png

Hey Brau can i be really cheeky and ask you to make the white around the badge on my avatar transparent? I'd do it myself but i don't have photoshop installed right now. Then you could edit the hype image and make my avatar look better :p

I dunno why I never thought to ask here before, but did anyone else jump through the hoops and make an i-revo account, back when Ryan was doing The Report?

Shy

Reading all these impressions, makes me wish this game had a cross-save feature, cause i'm going to be going between my PS4 and P.C.

Rajang

Reading all these impressions, makes me wish this game had a cross-save feature, cause i'm going to be going between my PS4 and P.C.

Why not just stick with the PS4 version?

You really going to start from scratch on PC after you've been playing for 2 weeks on PS4?

Replace clunky with comprehensive and complex and maybe I'd believe it. Not that their clunky; he may not be good at adapting to MGS games... :/

That may just be it. Not everything suits everyone. No need to worry too much about one tweet. We don't want this turning into The Witcher 3 review thread.

First report on MGS: Holy shit. It's been such a long time since I played a game from the 90s that wasn't an RPG. This isn't hard per se, but it's really different getting thrown into this.

R-User!

First report on MGS: Holy shit. It's been such a long time since I played a game from the 90s that wasn't an RPG. This isn't hard per se, but it's really different getting thrown into this.

You'll be fine.... But what'll really get your goose is when you have to press a button really fast later on.....

Edit: where are you by the way?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Calm down guys, Jason Schreier just said he isn't at any events, it was a joke.

Rajang

EypGgCI.png

...wat

Say what you will about the writing, but clunky controls?

I think he is trolling. I don't even think he is at the event.

It can be jarring to go back to older games certainly. What difficulty are you playing on? If you're playing on Easy, you should be fine. If you're stuck just keep calling Colonel Campbell or the rest of the support unit, they will usually give you useful hints and some have very interesting extra story content/back ground information.

It can be jarring to go back to older games certainly. What difficulty are you playing on? If you're playing on Easy, you should be fine. If you're stuck just keep calling Colonel Campbell or the rest of the support unit, they will usually give you useful hints and some have very interesting extra story content/back ground information.
I started on hard, which was a terrible idea. I dropped it to easy so I can just enjoy myself. I figure that I'm going to be replaying this so there's plenty of time to replay on a higher difficulty later.
You'll be fine.... But what'll really get your goose is when you have to press a button really fast later on.....

Edit: where are you by the way?
I'm fairly certain I'm right at the first boss.

Shy

Why not just stick with the PS4 version?

You really going to start from scratch on PC after you've been playing for 2 weeks on PS4?
Can't, p.c. is going to be my main platform, and i'm kinda only getting the PS4 version to play with people who don't have the p.c. one, people in out-gaf etc.

KorrZ

Played it for the first time back in Feb. It was definitely interesting, but I didn't really struggle too badly with anything. Good luck brother!

Remember to call people on the codec ALL the time. Very crucial game tips as well as awesome dialogue.

R-User!

Played it for the first time back in Feb. It was definitely interesting, but I didn't really struggle too badly with anything. Good luck brother!

Remember to call people on the codec ALL the time. Very crucial game tips as well as awesome dialogue.

Different things happen when you call different people in different rooms; practically every room has something unique about it that is commented by someone in the CODEC. Press the Select Button.

Alienous

Has anyone noticed how Kojima is radio silent on this?

Konami: "The hype for MGSV is dying down. We need to do something."

Kojima: "Ok, I'll make a trailer."

Konami: "Fuck you, Mr. Kojima. We need to do something now"

Kojima: "..."

Konami: "I know what we'll do. We'll hold a preview event. The majoity of the first Chapter should be good."

Kojima: "But... spoilers... we've spent years protecting the plot, you'll..."

Konami: "Ok, we'll put a month embargo on the previews, you fuck. Is that good enough?"

Houndi101

Has anyone noticed how Kojima is radio silent on this?

Konami: "The hype for MGSV is dying down. We need to do something."

Kojima: "Ok, I'll make a trailer."

Konami: "Fuck you, Mr. Kojima. We need to do something now"

Konami: "I know what we'll do. We'll hold a preview event. The majoity of the first Chapter should be good."

Kojima: "But... spoilers... we've spent years protecting the plot, you'll..."

Konami: "Ok, we'll put a month embargo on the previews, you fuck. Is that good enough?"

Whoa your Konami is a DOUCHE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom