• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexen

There is no such thing.

Only nanomachines.

c'mon, son

I can't help but think of Vice City when I hear that song.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

WE'RE THE KIDS IN AMERICA WOOAHOOO

*runs over strip of pedestrians in crazy car chase*

I can't wait to fulton people while that's in the background. I wonder what other 80s tunes will make an appearance?

I NEED MORE DETAILS NOW. BRAZIL WHERE ARE YOU???

Broooooothers!

Wow that thread about the new info.

It gave me a massive blue balled Metal Gear boner, and OP left me hanging. Ugh, oh well at least we will have more in the coming weeks and on 6/9 and honestly after all that silence it's nice to have something.

Before Konami cancels it. :p

c'mon, son

Broooooothers!

BRRRROOOOTHERRRS
have great taste in games.

Whoa your Konami is a DOUCHE
They do what they want. It's their game you know.
:trollface

Started MGS2 yesterday. The Tanker completed.
The scene where Liquid Ocelot starts up the Metal Gear Ray i fucking awesome!
Flicks some switches, cockpit closes, lights go up, Ray is waking up with all those sounds!
And Snake is all like "well I'm fucked but I'll chase that anyway".

Loakum

Banned
Added Batzi upon request.

hUDRGM8.png

I don't even know what exactly this MGSV pic is related to, but it looks so badass, sign my avatar up! ^_^

KONAMI TRYING TO GET THEM MLG COD FANS
V9dFFCj.png

CC5AO86.png

AH8aaeN.png

wow..she's cute as hell! I always had a thing for women in glasses! *howls*

Mexen

I don't even know what exactly this MGSV pic is related to, but it looks so badass, sign my avatar up! ^_^

wow..she's cute as hell! I always had a thing for women in glasses! *howls*

It's an actual meme. Like Kojima meme meme and not trollface Internet meme meme.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
KONAMI TRYING TO GET THEM MLG COD FANS
V9dFFCj.png

CC5AO86.png

AH8aaeN.png

lol no thats Lia. Not really targeted at COD since she actually has quite a history among the veteran MGO folks, but I'm affraid I would get banned if I say more than that ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

MajorTom

Åesop;163774543 said:
lol no thats Lia. Not really targeted at COD since she actually has quite a history among the veteran MGO folks, but I'm affraid I would get banned if I say more than that ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dude she's wearing an Xbox and COD branded jacket.

brau

Can I be added, Brau?

Hey Brau can i be really cheeky and ask you to make the white around the badge on my avatar transparent? I'd do it myself but i don't have photoshop installed right now. Then you could edit the hype image and make my avatar look better :p

ljPzGql.png

Added all you guys, edited Major Tom and added a few more peeps i saw.

Also, here is your avatar major.
rhmQt8u.png

And in respect to what this MGSV pic is related to. Its just a hype img. With badass mechs, fire, explosions, and Kojima and BB driving off to "Find it". Quote from Snake and Otacon from MGS1 alternate ending. I can certainly change the text if someone things of something funnier or more appropriate.

Anyways... any more people want in, just let me know.

says the man who is still stuck on Father Giascome.

I know, that guy is kind of a dick, too. Also, I wouldn't call me "stuck," more lethargic and not wanting to play with a Mickey's 40oz filled controller that feels like someone jabbed Play Doh under all the buttons.

What if I said mean things about you, huh, Brau?

brau

I know, that guy is kind of a dick, too. Also, I wouldn't call me "stuck," more lethargic and not wanting to play with a Mickey's 40oz filled controller that feels like someone jabbed Play Doh under all the buttons.

What will you say? huh? feeling lucky? punk!

Also... get that controller fixed. We've been stuck on this conversation for over a month now!

What will you say? huh? feeling lucky? punk!

Also... get that controller fixed. We've been stuck on this conversation for over a month now!

It's like the "my computer is bricked" conversation I've been having for 3. I need to check if that thing is still under warranty and then I stoppped functioning as an adult when I finish work, hit the gym, then hit my couch. It's over, man. OVER.

I need to beat him just to shut you up! Also, I could say "SHUT UP YOU FUCK, LOOK AT YOU WITH ALL YOUR EXCITING POSSIBILITIES IN LIFE AND THE FUTURE, I BET THAT BURNS!"

brau

It's like the "my computer is bricked" conversation I've been having for 3. I need to check if that thing is still under warranty and then I stoppped functioning as an adult when I finish work, hit the gym, then hit my couch. It's over, man. OVER.

I need to beat him just to shut you up! Also, I could say "SHUT UP YOU FUCK, LOOK AT YOU WITH ALL YOUR EXCITING POSSIBILITIES IN LIFE AND THE FUTURE, I BET THAT BURNS!"

I guess i just need to visit you to straighten your controller situation. If you don't fix it in the next couple of weeks, i am just gonna buy a controller on amazon and have them send it to you.

I'm pretty good, eh?
You're pretty good too!

Venom Fox

Banned

Did you try the trick I told you about where you get him stuck behind the grave?
Or just use the Bell to summon someone and let them help?

Mexen

I guess i just need to visit you to straighten your controller situation. If you don't fix it in the next couple of weeks, i am just gonna buy a controller on amazon and have them send it to you.

I'm pretty good, eh?
You're pretty good too!

So, my car broke down...

I'm pretty good, eh?
You're pretty good too!

I mean, hey, this strategy your using worked same day for Bloodborne. I'm fairly confident it will work again. (Brau threatens to buy you things and the only way to stop him is to beat him to it.)

Did you try the trick I told you about where you get him stuck behind the grave?
Or just use the Bell to summon someone and let them help?

I don't I have even tried since you first time me! My controller got all brokey and I didn't want to put up with the gummy controls. And apparently I also didn't want to fix my controller until now.

Venom Fox

Banned
That worked for me, I was actually under levelled and beat him on my 2nd try doing this.
Glad I helped you :)
I only tried it because I'd been playing for hours and died a lot!
I don't I have even tried since you first time me! My controller got all brokey and I didn't want to put up with the gummy controls. And apparently I also didn't want to fix my controller until now.
When you get the chance I recome doing it because Bloodborne gets a whole lot better after that point.
The game is like a long, intense orgasm of excitement.

Exactly how I expect TTP to be!

MajorTom

Haha I wish I could say you helped but the truth is I did this on launch day :p haha it's a very good tactic though. I can beat him pretty easy now without doing this though.

When you get the chance I recome doing it because Bloodborne gets a whole lot better after that point.
The game is like a long, intense orgasm of excitement.

Exactly how I expect TTP to be!

Is that true? I knew there was a ton to experience but I figured I had the general gist. What progressively gets better? Enemy variation? Setting?

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
ffs is this the right time to start my media blackout?? It looks like they want to spoil important stuff even before the E3 trailer

MajorTom

Åesop;163788481 said:
ffs is this the right time to start my media blackout?? I think they'll start spoiling relevant stuff even before the E3 trailer
If you stay here you should be fine. Pretty sure we will all be using spoiler tags. We're all in the same boat.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Åesop;163788481 said:
ffs is this the right time to start my media blackout?? It looks like they want to spoil important stuff even before the E3 trailer

June 9 might be a bit spoiler-y since then they are allowed to talk about the first few missions, probably spoiling the hospital :x

But for now there is nothing to worry about, they're all under NDA.

Venom Fox

Banned
Is that true? I knew there was a ton to experience but I figured I had the general gist. What progressively gets better? Enemy variation? Setting?
100% true.
Every area has its own unique enemies.
Some from previous areas are still there but every consecutive area after New yarhnam introduces new enemies that force you to constantly change your play style.

The setting changes but generally it has the same theme, the hidden towns and areas introduce a completely new art direction as well as some challenging hidden bosses.

Then there are the chalice dungeons which I recommend giving a try before you level up too much.
The first dungeon is a set dungeon that everyone gets, after that every dungeon is randomly generated and each "level" of the dungeon has a boss.
These dungeons will take what you thought you knew about the games enemies and completely change everything.
They are insanely challenging!

Obviously you are introduced to new, more exciting, more powerful weapons and there is some fun to be had when you summon other players (or invade their games).
There is one (two if you find the nightmare realm) area's where if you don't kill a specific person then you are constantly invaded by other players and you can even be invaded by three at a time.

Have fun sheriff!

brau

A small question.
How can I get my avatar as you guys?

Depends what you mean by getting your avatar as those guys.

June 9 might be a bit spoiler-y since then they are allowed to talk about the first few missions, probably spoiling the hospital :x

But for now there is nothing to worry about, they're all under NDA.

I hope this is totally not the case. The hospitals is one of the few things i know about TPP that i am looking really forward to. I hope they don't talk details about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom