• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Miller said yesterday he played on monday the whole day... Gaffer Brazil said this:

"Just to be clear: I will read through all of this later and answer questions. Right now I'll try to brave my way through as much content as I can in my limited time, haha."

So to me it sounds like they had two days with the game, monday and tuesday.

Ye, that is what I am saying. I am correcting you actually lol

Anyways.

Have anyon even changed the boxart to the day one edition yet? They hadn't last time I checked.

81MYKs8OdxL._SL1500_.jpg

262975_ps4_b.png

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ye, that is what I am saying. I am correcting you actually lol

Anyways.

Dude how are you correcting me? you said:

"The preview is going on for a few more days. These impressions are just for day one."

And i said the preview event was only monday and tuesday.

But now i'm correcting you :p Kojima never said the game "will easily last 100 hours."

I am really inclined to believe now that The Phantom Pain will span multiple generations. Of course this is a far fetched idea but the game is massive. I just read new information that even if you totally avoid side ops, it will take you 150 hours to complete the main game.

Here is my theory. Not sure how many of you will agree. But the game will deliver on its sub title: The Phantom Pain.

Part 1: Feeling The Phantom Pain of losing your comrades, losing a trusted lieutenant in Kaz Miller, and feeling the pain in making amends with Zero, Big Boss's arch rival.

Big Boss from 1984 to 1995: Building Diamond Dogs and finally forming Outer Heaven n the background. Formation of Fox Hound and recruiting special soldiers with unique abilities.

Part 2: Feeling the Phantom Pain of seeing your Outer Heaven destroyed by a rookie. The Phantom Pain of losing to Zero, yet again.

Solid Snake 1995: Taking down Outer heaven.

Part 3: Feeling the Phantom Pain of 'losing your father'

Solid Snake 1999: Snake kills Big Boss and goes to Alaska to find peace. Why? This conversation between Naomi and SS in MGS1 puts more light into the matter:

Snake : ....... Naomi, please talk to me. Say something to take my mind off the pain.
Naomi : What can I say?
Snake : Anything.
Naomi : I...I'm not a very good talker.
Snake : Please... tell me about yourself.
Naomi : Myself? That's a tough one...
Snake : Any family?
Naomi : That's not a very happy topic for me.
Snake : I don't have any family. No wait, there was a man who said he was my father...
Naomi : Where is he?
Snake : Dead. By my own hand.
Campbell : Big Boss.
Naomi : What!? Big Boss!? I had no idea.
Campbell : There was no way you could. It happened in Zanzibar 6 years ago. Only Snake and I know the real truth of what happened there.
Naomi : So, is it true? Was Big Boss really your father?
Snake : That's what he said. That's all I know.
Naomi : And you were able to kill him, knowing that?
Snake : Yup.
Naomi : How?
Snake : He wanted it. Besides, some people just need killing...
Naomi : That's patricide.
Snake : Yup. That's the trauma that Mantis was talking about. The one we share in common.

The game ends with Solid Snake feeling The Phantom Pain of killing his father. He goes to Alaska as the screen blackens.

In this way, the series will come full circle. There will be no more Metal Gear Solid game that needs to be made giving the player the ultimate Phantom Pain.

Dude how are you correcting me? you said:

"The preview is going on for a few more days. These impressions are just for day one."

And i said the preview event was only monday and tuesday.

But now i'm correcting you :p Kojima never said the game "will easily last 100 hours."

Its all good boss. Sorry if I cannot explain properly. English ain't my first language :)

Where did 150 hour... Are people seriously... ugh they are.

The percentage complete includes all collectables and s-ranks and side missions and shit, you don't divide the playtime by the completion to find out how long the campaign is ffs.

MajorTom

Where did 150 hour... Are people seriously... ugh they are.

The percentage complete includes all collectables and s-ranks and side missions and shit, you don't divide the playtime by the completion to find out how long the campaign is ffs.
We know. Although I'm personally planning on getting 100% so maybe it will take that long in total.

Auto correct fucked me over, I meant to say Amazon not anyon lol

Shy

i got to admit, i won't be upset seeing these two youtubers disappear once the hype train ends.
Completely agree, they're a fucking embarrassment to the MGS community.

The only reason i watched that video, was because it was an easy way to get a round up of all the info of what happened at that event.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Thanks Vally for updating Team A, i'm still stuck on phone :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom