• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

What code??

Code Talker.

Code_Talker.png

Shit. I should've know that account sharing on PS3 is evil.
I wasn't the one who bought it :(

If I buy it now will I get that code?
Digitally or whatever.

brau

Shit. I should've know that account sharing on PS3 is evil.
I wasn't the one who bought it :(

If I buy it now will I get that code?
Digitally or whatever.

I am pretty sure Tora replied to this a few pages back.

I think he said that you would still get it if you purchase right now. Only time you might not get it is if you buy used. I'll go look for the post.

Quote from Tora. in reply to Rajang
Originally Posted by Rajang

How does the GZ code work for TPP?
It doesn't. Not yet.

The "early 2015" people float around was actually placeholder text from an early build of the website we had made but wasn't supposed to go out. Then, oops, those copies of GZ got leaked in the Middle East and people had a website to go to that wasn't supposed to be live yet with placeholder text.

Continue to hold on to your code, they will be instrumental in redeeming your GZ->TPP loyalty reward, and we will have more details for that as we come up to September 1. But until the game comes out there's really nothing to worry about, yet.

More info

Originally Posted by Graphics Horse

Hello ToraShiro, I am glad you haven't been gagged.
Is it true you need the GZ disc for these features too and not just the code? I'm sure I read a quote about that somewhere.

From Tora
I'd like to see the quote, but the only content you need to be concerned with redeeming the GZ ownership (which is different from the GZ save file) is the insert code (note: this does not apply to digital ownership). For details on what I'm talking about I recommend checking this page out.

Error1355

Wow, I just realized I have the oldest account age of any user on this page...

My 0.08 posts per day average really not doing me any favors! lol

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
EU will share their impressions at 5PM-6PM GMT today.

http://uk-blog.konami-europe.com/2015/05/14/eu-press-share-first-opinions-on-mgsvtpp/

European Press have just enjoyed a full day playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and there is to be a one hour embargo lift between 5PM-6PM GMT today in which they can share their thoughts with the world! Keep your eyes on Twitter during this time – and specifically ours at @KonamiUK, as we’ll be retweeting lots of #MGSVTPP opinion goodness as it rolls out.

Error1355

I never beat all the missions of Ground Zeroes now that I think about it...

I should really replay that and see if I can Platinum it.

Venom Fox

Banned
A snake slithering
The bloody battlefield looms
The smell of revenge

Or just a poem
(Of sorts)

A bloody battlefield,
the smell of revenge hangs thick in the air,
the horned man stands alone with murder in his eye,
9 years of pain, passed cold and alone,
Heavens divided, legends will clash,

Two sons born, out of hatred and anger,
Cursed, terrible fate awaits,
One evil, one good, their fates are sealed,
For the one eyed man, death will surely come.

Both suck but oh well :)

Error1355

There is no platinum. :(

...oh...

Well okay then!

;_;

I don't know why but I only played the main story mission once, and beat two of the side ops that it came with. Suddenly with all the actual TPP discussion going on I've felt this massive need to complete everything in Ground Zeroes.

I think it had to do with the main game being so far away, that I didn't want to think about it so much...

Edit: Plus I think it didn't help that I really, really sucked ass at the game the first time I played it.

Venom Fox

Banned
Just re watched all the MGSV trailers.
I'm so hyped I nearly got upset that it's the last one.
Genuinely saddened, Metal Gear has been apart of me growing up.

End of an era I guess.

I also realised that Kojima edited the video's to fit perfectly with the lyrics of the song, as if done on purpose.
I think we should all really take notice of the lyrics.
He used specific songs and moulded the trailers around them for a reason.

Sn4ke_911

Just re watched all the MGSV trailers.
I'm so hyped I nearly got upset that it's the last one.
Genuinely saddened, Metal Gear has been apart of me growing up.

End of an era I guess.

I also realised that Kojima edited the video's to fit perfectly with the lyrics of the song, as if done on purpose.
I think we should all really take notice of the lyrics.
He used specific songs and moulded the trailers around them for a reason.

This is why Kojima trailers are just the best trailers ever. He puts so much time and work into them, every scene he chooses is very carefully picked etc. it's incredible.

Also Neo, i highly recommend downloading the E3 2014 trailer and the gameplay videos in 1080p and 60fps from gamersyde.

Best quality you can get.

Sn4ke_911

oh don't worry they will show the watch advert at e3 and say its a new trailer for tpp

lel, man i'd be really sad if Kojima doesn't come to E3. Imagine he must be very proud of MGSV yet he can't even promote his own game and instead some Konami PR clown talks about the game...

brau

lel, man i'd be really sad if Kojima doesn't come to E3. Imagine he must be very proud of MGSV yet he can't even promote his own game and instead some Konami PR clown talks about the game...

You really think he'll be there? For some reason i don't think he will.

A snake slithering
The bloody battlefield looms
The smell of revenge

Or just a poem
(Of sorts)

A bloody battlefield,
the smell of revenge hangs thick in the air,
the horned man stands alone with murder in his eye,
9 years of pain, passed cold and alone,
Heavens divided, legends will clash,

Two sons born, out of hatred and anger,
Cursed, terrible fate awaits,
One evil, one good, their fates are sealed,
For the one eyed man, death will surely come.

Both suck but oh well :)

Lo and behold, the Basilisk leaves footprints,
The father of serpents, the misconstrued virtue.
What but his fangs can tear boundaries asunder?
When presented an apple, "He" asked for the orchard.

The absence of total has eyes ever watching,
With ears of the Ocean, an abundance of arms.
Now mother of legends lies wordlessly preaching,
A sermon now deafened by the battlefield's call.

When Kojima said this:
“People who own GZ will be able to play a different mission(s) at Camp Omega in TPP. That’s the current plan. There’s something of a big feature involved. It’s never been done in the games industry before. So I can’t go into detail about it, but I think when you experience it for yourselves you’ll be surprised. It’s something that’s only possible through video games.”

And this:
"Specifically for the next-gen and Metal Gear Solid 5, it's not necessarily about breaking the fourth wall, but we do have a big surprise for the players in this game," Kojima told CVG in a recent interview. "We have challenged and pushed ourselves with something that movies can't do but only games can do. It hasn't been done before.” - See more at: http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...-never-been-done-before/#sthash.rkrXu5Kq.dpuf

What do think he means?

Part of me wishes that it was a beta of Ground Zeroes, or the alpha/beta code for MGS1. That's never been done before, as far as I know.

Sn4ke_911

He gotta be there, all the gaming media want an interview with the creator of the game and not some random guy who barely knows what he's talking about... they will for sure ask where the hell Kojima is. The answer will be " Mr. Kojima is hard at work finishing the game"... but the truth is the game is already finished and Konami locked him away.

Error1355

He gotta be there, all the gaming media want an interview with the creator of the game and not some random guy who barely knows what he's talking about... they will for sure ask where the hell Kojima is. The answer will be " Mr. Kojima is hard at work finishing the game"... but the truth is the game is already finished and Konami locked him away.

Yeah, and I can imagine the majority of the questions he will get will be related to Konami's 'restructuring' and his future. Konami will get the same press they want if they just send some PR guy to say Kojima is working on the game and to please buy it in September. They won't get what they want if Kojima is being asked a ton of questions about Konami.

brau

Yeah, and I can imagine the majority of the questions he will get will be related to Konami's 'restructuring' and his future. Konami will get the same press they want if they just send some PR guy to say Kojima is working on the game and to please buy it in September. They won't get what they want if Kojima is being asked a ton of questions about Konami.

I wonder if Geoff visiting him a short while ago means they might be planning something for E3.

I hope he will be present, he's gotta be. A lot of questions etc. are going to be about whats in the game and perhaps some design choice questions which only he is able to answer perfectly. I hope Konami realises that he is still an essential part of the game.

A small question: will anyone play the game on PC? Is there any group for the PC players?

brau

I hope he will be present, he's gotta be. A lot of questions etc. are going to be about whats in the game and perhaps some design choice questions which only he is able to answer perfectly. I hope Konami realises that he is still an essential part of the game.

A small question: will anyone play the game on PC? Is there any group for the PC players?

I'll be getting PS4 and PC.

Venom Fox

Banned
This is why Kojima trailers are just the best trailers ever. He puts so much time and work into them, every scene he chooses is very carefully picked etc. it's incredible.

Also Neo, i highly recommend downloading the E3 2014 trailer and the gameplay videos in 1080p and 60fps from gamersyde.

Best quality you can get.
Yeah, Kojima's trailers are the best in the industry!
I just feel like he's trying to tell us something, I don't know what but the feeling I get from watching them sends shivers down my spine.
Already on it now!

Lo and behold, the Basilisk leaves footprints,
The father of serpents, the misconstrued virtue.
What but his fangs can tear boundaries asunder?
When presented an apple, "He" asked for the orchard.

The absence of total has eyes ever watching,
With ears of the Ocean, an abundance of arms.
Now mother of legends lies wordlessly preaching,
A sermon now deafened by the battlefield's call.
I enjoyed this, thank you!
Your good at this, better than me.

Part of me wishes that it was a beta of Ground Zeroes, or the alpha/beta code for MGS1. That's never been done before, as far as I know.
You may be onto something with this, maybe they'll give us the first chapter for free for those that bought GZ?

Error1355

I may buy the PC version now since I am planning on building a new PC this summer.

I already have the Xbox One and PS4 collectors edition preordered...

I just burn money when it comes to MGS. <_<

Venom Fox

Banned
I may buy the PC version now since I am planning on building a new PC this summer.

Same, I'm building a PC for this too.
The build I've got planned is this currently http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/4pdvFT
but replace the GTX 980 with the R9 390 which is due out this summer.

Expensive but worthwhile!

I also need it for my uni work and work when I leave.

I'll be getting PS4 and PC.

Same, I'm building a PC for this too.
The build I've got planned is this currently http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/4pdvFT
but replace the GTX 980 with the R9 390 which is due out this summer.

Expensive but worthwhile!

I also need it for my uni work and work when I leave.

Awesome :)

You may be onto something with this, maybe they'll give us the first chapter for free for those that bought GZ?

Hard to say, but it's not like there's no precedent. After all, they did put the "Guy Savage" prototype into MG3 for Snake's post-torture/savegame-reliant dream, and put in the MGS1 PSX Shadow Moses heliport in 4. I wouldn't put it past Kojima to do something crazy like that.

A lot of them aren't in English so far :(

This sixth mission offers as much freedom and stuff to do as the entirety of Ground Zeroes. Truly GOTY material. #MGSVPreview

Really good example of 'open world' stealth as you have a large region in which to ambush the vehicles. #mgsvpreview

Arrived at a temple carved into a mountain on a horse that's pimped with camo-armor. The moonlight makes me look like Zorro \m/ #MGSVPreview

Sn4ke_911

Google translate

"After 7 hours of playing non-stop to TPP, I do not know how I them will manage until 1 September #MGSVPreview"

"Arrived at a temple carved into a mountain on a horse that's pimped with camo-armor. The moonlight makes me look like Zorro \m/ #MGSVPreview"

"iDroid map tracks tanks' journey, to help plan attack. Pumping manpower into Mother Base Intel team improves map details too. #mgsvpreview"

"I spent most of the 1st hour of the mission gathering medicinal plants and hunting birds. Yeah, you can do that. And it's ace. #MGSVPreview"

"After a day with #MGSVPreview, what I like the most is the polishing, despite being months from launch."

More:
I spent most of the 1st hour of the mission gathering medicinal plants and hunting birds. Yeah, you can do that. And it's ace. #MGSVPreview

I ran into some tanks. I need to take care of it. Looks like I'll need to recruit some engineers to build a rocket. #MGSVPreview

Fan of David Lynch? Yeah, you'll enjoy playing what I'm playing now. #MGSVPreview

Google Translate:

When it starts the mission is set type movie , with the cast , the main characters and guest stars #MGSVPreview

Mission throws in bonus objectives - free a political prisoner being transported, or ambush an arms truck for rocket launcher. #mgsvpreview

I have completed twelve main and six secondary missions . The narrative is fragmented into episodic TV series format #MGSVPreview

The missions are modular , with different objectives , in small areas of the immense game map . #MGSVPreview

When the mission starts you can decide the departure time , night , 6 or 18 #MGSVPreview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom