• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, what happened?

This is just some random post.
How did they come to that conclusion?

I don't know which was the original post but the 150 hours thing is all over tumblr, whatever that is. They're saying that if 4% complete is 6 hours then 100% is 150 hours or something silly like that, except the guy said 7 hours. But some people have started thinking this means the story is 150 hours long.

Looks like we are getting more impressions later on in the week.

“European press invited to the #MGSVpreview event will be tweeting 1st impressions later on in the week, watch this space” – Su

Bottom of the post.
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=19265

Oh cool. Where is Dawg?!

MajorTom

No, what happened?
I can't find the post right now but basically I exceeded 300 posts and still wasn't a member so I posted something like "will I ever be a member?" And that post made me a member. It happened at some point in OT2.
Now that I type it I realise that it was a "you had to be there" moment.
Now I just seem lame.

Cool, I don't think I've ever played versus ops to be honest lol. Let me know if you guys end up doing it.

For sure :) And no worries, no one here is super serious or expecting MLG play or anything. I forgot the buttons until played last night. Just in it to have a good time and chill.

MajorTom

For sure :) And no worries, no one here is super serious or expecting MLG play or anything. I forgot the buttons until played last night. Just in it to have a good time and chill.
I might fire it up now and see how bad I am haha
UPDATE: Pretty terrible apparently:p haha

Kindekuma

Banned
Kojima retweeted me in a record 3 minutes after I sent him a tweet. That was fast.

11196255_10153269263096285_8298523512438638547_n.jpg

11169528_10153269263101285_3906600386280713017_o.jpg

Kojima Retweet Club represent! I got RT from the iDroid case, my phone never blew up so much from notifications.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Wow, that's incredible. Thanks for sharing.

I think it's sold out now. It's back to 60 dollars.

Damn and to think I've waited posting it 'cause I was so sure Wario for sure must've had it plastered it all over the web already...

Sorry for the fuck up guys, guess I've blown my chances to join those pesky PW mp sessions now lol

edit:
Actually it's not out of stock, there just seem to be something wrong going on at the moment with MGS and AC Rogue, so eye this page:

http://www.play-asia.com/weekly-spe...on-mugen-souls-z-phoenix-wright-more/5f/7467b

edit2:
lol back in stock at full price... basically it lasted a couple hours, yet the others are up for a full week AND they still have stock, seems they've only used it to drive traffic and didn't want to give away that many, not cool PA not cool

MajorTom

Damn and to think I've waited posting it 'cause I was so sure Wario for sure must've had it plastered it all over the web already...

Sorry for the fuck up guys, guess I've blown my chances to join those pesky PW mp sessions now lol

edit:
Actually it's not out of stock, there just seem to be something wrong going on at the moment with MGS and AC Rogue, so eye this page:

http://www.play-asia.com/weekly-spe...on-mugen-souls-z-phoenix-wright-more/5f/7467b

edit2:
lol back in stock at full price... basically it lasted a couple hours, yet the others are up for a full week AND they still have stock, seems they've only used it to drive traffic and didn't want to give away that many, not cool PA not cool

It was discounted a couple days ago. Someone else (maybe Vally) posted a link. It was a good deal. I almost bought it but I already have all the games.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
It was discounted a couple days ago. Someone else (maybe Vally) posted a link. It was a good deal. I almost bought it but I already have all the games.

Deal officially started 26 hours before my post. All the other deals are still going with almost 6 days to go... they obviously had no intention of giving away anything but super low stock: bringing it back after 30 minutes at FULL prince and readily in-stock is a dick move.
But yeah, I have all the games myself tho for $19 it was cool to have MGS4 on a disc with the patches in it already (right??) and a dl code for MGS1 at proper 60hz with the english dub

So a few months ago, I played through Ground Zeroes, which was my first MGS game. I liked it so much that my wife surprised me with the Legacy Collection. Finally got around to playing MGS, and omg so fun. Just made it through Sniper Wolf and hit disk 2. Why did I wait so long?!

Palpable

So a few months ago, I played through Ground Zeroes, which was my first MGS game. I liked it so much that my wife surprised me with the Legacy Collection. Finally got around to playing MGS, and omg so fun. Just made it through Sniper Wolf and hit disk 2. Why did I wait so long?!

Better late than never. Good on you for playing in release order. MGS2 is a massive step up. The Big Shell is one of the most memorable locales in the MGS universe. MGS3's story is fantastic.

Kazuhira

Lol,i really need these two in the same game.
I swear i´m going to cry if you can have young Solid as a companion,father and son fighting together for once...it would be fucking amazing.
2vQ9uZR.jpg

zlatko

Banned
What's this team A stuff?

I want to be one of the cool kids.

Also, dat Teddy Boss avatar is too real. :O

Edit: Is team B that Hayter won't voice Solid Snake? Because I want in on that team.

Rajang

That's a great gift, haha.

Keep us updated on your playthroughs.

Rean

What's this team A stuff?

I want to be one of the cool kids.

Also, dat Teddy Boss avatar is too real. :O

Edit: Is team B that Hayter won't voice Solid Snake? Because I want in on that team.
Team A is Solid Snake is in and Hayters voicing him.
Team B is Solid Snake is in and ryan gosling is voicing him.

Teama are in first post.

Vally said:
#TEAMS

Will David Hayter appear in MGSV? Choose your team!

#TeamA: David Hayter will voice Solid Snake
#TeamB: No David Hayter, but Solid Snake will appear
#TeamC: No David Hayter, no Solid Snake
#TeamD: Big Boss = Gray Fox. COINCIDENCE?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
LOL, I did not realize Big Boss was blue-eyed.

A soldier is nothing without his eyes. I need proof that you and he are not in collusion.

Let's see, cut out his eyes.

I don't like those blue eyes of his.

Venom Fox

Banned
When Kojima said this:
“People who own GZ will be able to play a different mission(s) at Camp Omega in TPP. That’s the current plan. There’s something of a big feature involved. It’s never been done in the games industry before. So I can’t go into detail about it, but I think when you experience it for yourselves you’ll be surprised. It’s something that’s only possible through video games.”

And this:
"Specifically for the next-gen and Metal Gear Solid 5, it's not necessarily about breaking the fourth wall, but we do have a big surprise for the players in this game," Kojima told CVG in a recent interview. "We have challenged and pushed ourselves with something that movies can't do but only games can do. It hasn't been done before.” - See more at: http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...-never-been-done-before/#sthash.rkrXu5Kq.dpuf

What do think he means?

I'm interested in the comment about next gen, what's he doing for next gen that he's not for PS3?

Error1355

When Kojima said this:
“People who own GZ will be able to play a different mission(s) at Camp Omega in TPP. That’s the current plan. There’s something of a big feature involved. It’s never been done in the games industry before. So I can’t go into detail about it, but I think when you experience it for yourselves you’ll be surprised. It’s something that’s only possible through video games.”

And this:
"Specifically for the next-gen and Metal Gear Solid 5, it's not necessarily about breaking the fourth wall, but we do have a big surprise for the players in this game," Kojima told CVG in a recent interview. "We have challenged and pushed ourselves with something that movies can't do but only games can do. It hasn't been done before.” - See more at: http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...-never-been-done-before/#sthash.rkrXu5Kq.dpuf

What do think he means?

I'm interested in the comment about next gen, what's he doing for next gen that he's not for PS3?

Hmm, is that code thing for GZ still going on? I just realized I never put it into the website. >_>

Also something weird about that article is that it sources a 'recent interview' and it just takes me to page 2 of the MGS4 review?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom