• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
yay medicinal plants

Sounds like the cast will be credited both at the beginning and the end of each episode :lol

1 minute ago

"Fan of David Lynch? Yeah, you'll enjoy playing what I'm playing now. "

hmmm?? any ideas?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
"The world is huge, the options are endless... And Big Boss is more Big Boss than ever #MGSVPreview "

Rajang

Thanks for the updates Rogue Agent.

OMG yessss, another great day of info.

I spent most of the 1st hour of the mission gathering medicinal plants and hunting birds. Yeah, you can do that. And it's ace. #MGSVPreview

tumblr_mgqp1gkmst1ry16sjjh.gif

Google Translate:

The prologue ,
Cypher attack to hospital after Big Boss and the leak is brutal
: stress, confusion , surprises and graficazos #MGSVPreview

Until now the most powerful weapon I could use is a guided missile prototype : Honey Bee. It is key in a combat #MGSVPreview

Oh , and not all are adorable puppies ... A damn bear made ​​me pieces in less time than it takes to say ' lalilulelo ' #MGSVPreview

___

After finishing the mission all I could say is wow. It's one of those games that people will keep playing for hours. #MGSVPreview

The game doesn't follow your conventional MGS formula. It's new and fresh and I'm sure newcomers will love it. #MGSVPreview

Tonally, this mission is played quite straight - but have no fear, the game does feature full-on Kojima madness, too. #mgsvpreview

The attention to detail is incredible: the day light effecting your vision, wild life, and 80s music. I freaking love this. #MGSVPreview

My favourite part? You can steal tapes of 80s pop songs and play them mid-mission as your own soundtrack. #mgsvpreview

Blowing up tanks to The Man Who Sold the World is pretty spectacular. #mgsvpreview

Sn4ke_911

SWIMSUIT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Before each mission, you can personalize equipment: swimsuit, primary and secondary weapon, explosives, companion and character #MGSVPreviewBefore each mission, you can personalize equipment: swimsuit, primary and secondary weapon, explosives, companion and character #MGSVPreview"

Google Translate again:

Before each mission you can customize equipment : suit, main and secondary weapons , explosives , companion and character #MGSVPreview

Work on accompanying music is enormous . Positional audio , enveloping soundtrack that adapts to the pace of the game . #MGSVPreview

and they have appeared in the Skulls , enemies really angry that I could remove , in part , only with missile launchers #MGSVPreview

Depending on your actions you gain or lose heroism ! Keep a low profile is essential to make a good impression . #MGSVPreview

We are currently playing on the #mgsv #mgsvpreview . First Impressions : Lots to do , deeply integrated Mother Base mechanics .

Map and setting much larger than Ground Zeroes , some improvements here and there , beautiful light sources #MGSVPreview

To me the code seems final , probably these two and a half months will be used to clean and test the online #MGSVPreview

The alternation between infiltration and action is fast , the pace well maintained . Obviously it is the stealth that gives more satisfaction . #mgsvpreview

There are quests to fulfill as members of #DiamondDogs the manner of guild

Edit: Ah, Sn4ke beat me to it :p

I also upgraded my iDroid so I can play music out loud - not great for stealthy runs, but good for dramatic entrance. #mgsvpreview

Sn4ke_911

"Before you can choose a mission #buddy! The horse or #Wolf? #mgsvpreview"

Sn4ke_911

I wonder if they really need until September to finish it. From everything we've heard it seems pretty finished.

Some guy said it felt like it's the finished code, maybe they need those few months to test the multiplayer part.

Google's translation:

Three months after the launch code #MetalGearSolidVThePhantomPain is clean . Fluidity solid 60fps on except for a few cases . #MGSVPreview

Excellent technical sector . The top is the management of light sources . #MGSVPreview

Some effects of texture on the surface in less than #GroundZeroes . But with a setting 10 times larger ! #MGSVPreview

^...What?

The enhanced super-soldier team #skulls are tough , splashing from all sides and they seem really angry ! #MGSVPreview

You can re- Mb after each mission , during the mission or not followed back and do missions

#MGSVPreview
____

We had to translate this one from @alvaroalone_so... Everybody wants a DD! #MGSVPreview

CE-yu5tWIAAmfAa.jpg

Seems like you can find DD in Afghan in the actual game.

Sn4ke_911

"So, let's talk Mission 7. Here's an interesting fact – we're doing this one AFTER mission 10. Goodbye linear mission orders. #mgsvpreview"

Rajang

I wonder if they really need until September to finish it. From everything we've heard it seems pretty finished.

Some guy said it felt like it's the finished code, maybe they need those few months to test the multiplayer part.

Alo the fact that Kojima Productions are known for very well polished games. When is the last time they ever released a game that was buggy or needed a huge patch to work properly? Their games are always filled with incredible attention to detail that some players may never even find out. They just want to game to be absolutely perfect when it launches.

Chinner

Banned
I guess there could also be some stuff late game that still need sorting.

Depends how much stuff they have shown exactly. One report earlier indicated they had shown about 10 missions of one chapter, but it wasn't clear if they chapter titles or mission titles...

Big Boss is a ghost, Chinner you should just accept it.

Depends how much stuff they have shown exactly. One report earlier indicated they had shown about 10 missions of one chapter, but it wasn't clear if they chapter titles or mission titles...

They're mission titles inside the first chapter. Someone confirmed one of the missions was called 'red brass' which was on the leaked list.

Sn4ke_911

"By the way, the loadout is totally our call. Want to take nowt but rockets (provided you've researched them?) and 'nades? Sure! #mgsvpreview"

"Our loadout includes a silenced AM MRS-4 assault rifle, a RENOV-ICKX sniper rifle, the WU S.Pistol for tranq darts, and C4… #mgsvpreview"

So the impression I get is that we might have been playing TPP next month if it didn't come bundled with MGO. It sounds more or less finished.

More:

@OPM_UK Does this make the story hard to follow?

@GameDevCallum Not really. Each mission has its own contained story but the overarching lore has its… moments. We'll say no more!

The action is so good that it's always a temptation to go in loud. And there are gun emplacements everywhere to tempt you… #mgsvpreview

But we're old school, so we choose to be quiet. We picked the mission start time at night, so it's dark. That gives us the edge #mgsvpreview

TPP is ALL about gathering intel to press forward. By systematically interrogating guards we uncover the meeting room. #mgsvpreview

Every small town feels like classic MGS setup, with multiple infiltration points and routes. #mgsvpreview

___

@OPM_UK Is there any references to MGR? Or even just a hint that Raiden will be in the game?

@josephhayden12 Nope!

It saddens me that he answered that question, but no one will answer me whether you can go inside Mother Base's interior lol

I think that's it for now :( See no more tweets coming in. I've probably missed a few of the foreign ones.

Sn4ke_911

This game couldn't sound any better. It's like a dream came true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom