• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
It saddens me that he answered that question, but no one will answer me whether you can go inside Mother Base's interior lol

Didn't they say there were shower rooms? And there's the torture room, and whatever else was in the trailers.
The main strut could have a lot of indoor places, but probably not the case for the rest of the struts.

Didn't they say there were shower rooms? And there's the torture room, and whatever else was in the trailers.
The main strut could have a lot of indoor places, but probably not the case for the rest of the struts.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking right now. They should allow you into those main buildings on the first strut based on what we've seen but it could always be reserved for cutscenes or only accessible in the context of a story mission or something.

I would love it if the whole thing was open, I think that would add a new level to the customization as it would be more like building your own classic MGS base. Mother Base may be bigger than Big Shell and that's awesome, but most of Big Shell was spent inside the actual buildings rather than on the bridges lol

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
"Official PlayStation @OPM_UK
Apologies, our network connection dropped out. We've been asked to wrap it up but can say that we'll have 16 pages of in-depth impressions.."

16 pages? dang, i want to buy this magazine.

Or maybe not because of spoilers :3

Edit: btw. i fixed my shit, i'm back on PC! :D

brau

"Official PlayStation @OPM_UK
Apologies, our network connection dropped out. We've been asked to wrap it up but can say that we'll have 16 pages of in-depth impressions.."

16 pages? dang, i want to buy this magazine.

Or maybe not because of spoilers :3

I'll steer away from that. Should go into media blackout. Want to experience TPP with no expectations set from other peoples time with the game.

Sn4ke_911

I'll steer away from that. Should go into media blackout. Want to experience TPP with no expectations set from other peoples time with the game.

Yeah, it's probably for the better. We waited for so long and we're so close now.... better to just avoid it.

If it really does include story spoilers, I can't believe they're showing off so much of the game this early. That's a long time for the fans that want to steer clear of spoilers until September.

I've seen Konami asked about this and they won't say. I might try asking Tora.

brau

Yeah, it's probably for the better. We waited for so long and we're so close now.... better to just avoid it.

considerably.

This might be a good time to ask people in the thread to be very considerate about the information they share here. Not everyone wants to know the latest info or impressions. Or what Juan Perez thinks of
chico
being
quiet

So add spoiler tags and reference it as such.

I really like coming to the thread, so its not like i will shut down gaf to avoid this place. I am still not sure i want
to be hip and request a ban :p

These last few days have been so good. And there is still more to come in june.

Feels like OT1. The hunger is REAL!

This is beautiful !

i1SnHwwpi7ZPN.gif

Sn4ke_911

Error1355

It's going to be super hard for me to not avoid getting this game spoiled for me... I'm a GameFAQs moderator and people tend to really enjoy being assholes there.

I might just leave the internet for the month leading into the launch. <_<

brau

It's going to be super hard for me to not avoid getting this game spoiled for me... I'm a GameFAQs moderator and people tend to really enjoy being assholes there.

I feel for you brother. Its gonna be hard. So close.. and pretty much any day can be a high chance of getting something spoiled big time.

Sn4ke_911

Oh man, good luck with that :lol

GameFAQ's is one of the worst places when it comes to "avoiding spoilers".

Sn4ke_911

Oooh interesting.

Google translate:

"About Kojima, Konami responded that will clear soon. In the game, however, is present everywhere, from headlines to the poster!"

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking right now. They should allow you into those main buildings on the first strut based on what we've seen but it could always be reserved for cutscenes or only accessible in the context of a story mission or something.

I would love it if the whole thing was open, I think that would add a new level to the customization as it would be more like building your own classic MGS base. Mother Base may be bigger than Big Shell and that's awesome, but most of Big Shell was spent inside the actual buildings rather than on the bridges lol

I just watched the e3 demo and noticed when he flies in you can see a green light above one of the doors instead of a red light, looks like it goes to one of the rooms on the main column. Big Shell had a lot of indoor corridors, but I think this is a more open design where all the walkways will lead you to isolated rooms.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is the biggest thing that could be spoiled on June 9th. There's got to be more to the hospital sequence than we understand with the trailers in terms of what Big Boss learns has happened between the 9 year coma, his mission objectives with Diamond Dogs etc. Then there's the fact there is still a lot of mystery about how those supernatural encounters go and how the escape plays out.

People who don't want to know any of that will have to watch out.

Kindekuma

Banned
Looks like they played the hospital part too !!!!!!

Considering that's the very opening of TPP, yep.

I really, really hope that the story isn't spoiled at all this far from release.
Come June 9th, I just want to know about how their gameplay went, but nothing on story besides if it is good or not from what they experienced.

MajorTom

Game is gonna be awesome. Please prepurchase CE. You will not be dissapoint. Whatever you where thinking the game is like. Its like 150 hrs better.

#MGSPreview #TheHungerIsReal
Oh yeah the CE. I still have to cancel my pre order for that.

It's very satisfying to see all the comments talking about the addictive "don't want to put the controller down" qualities of their TPP experience.

Because I believe for many on MGSGAF, that was exactly what Ground Zeroes delivered, though many people didn't see past that.

Mexen

considerably.

This might be a good time to ask people in the thread to be very considerate about the information they share here. Not everyone wants to know the latest info or impressions. Or what Juan Perez thinks of
chico
being
quiet

So add spoiler tags and reference it as such.

I really like coming to the thread, so its not like i will shut down gaf to avoid this place. I am still not sure i want
to be hip and request a ban :p

Feels like OT1. The hunger is REAL!

Fucking this.

3dmodeler

I don't think I saw this in any of the twitter impressions but was there any mention about your ground zeroes saves carrying over to the phantom pain? Like were there rewards unlocked in TPP for 100 percent completion in GZ?

OldLogos

Banned
If you are playing on PC and you want the CE, just buy the PS4 CE. Then sell the game and keep the rest. :>

Yeah this was my initial plan, except when I realized that I'd be waiting two weeks to play... so I bought a PS4.

Then, when i realized my Amazon pre-order of the CE would most likely be a day or two late - I pre-ordered the regular PS4 version at gamestop.

I NEED to be playing it Sept 1st - cause I've already taken the time off work :p

Rajang

I don't think I saw this in any of the twitter impressions but was there any mention about your ground zeroes saves carrying over to the phantom pain? Like were there rewards unlocked in TPP for 100 percent completion in GZ?

There is no reward for 100% completion in GZ.

But you will get bonus Mother Base staff and every POW you rescued in GZ.
I also believe you will get Kojima if you did the Save Intel Operative mission, this is not confirmed though.
You also get the Sneaking Suit and the ability to revisit Camp Omega.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
There is no reward for 100% completion in GZ.

But you will get bonus Mother Base staff and every POW you rescued in GZ.
I also believe you will get Kojima if you did the Save Intel Operative mission, this is not confirmed though.
You also get the Sneaking Suit and the ability to revisit Camp Omega.

I don't fully comprehend the Camp Omega thing, but the idea of revisiting it with TPP equipment, with new enemy routes and objectives makes me moist.

Mexen

So I'm finally getting a copy of GZ this weekend (hopefully tomorrow- my birthday) courtesy of a friend, but I'm still thinking playing it when I get TPP will give me a full experience. I don't even know what that means tbh.
What am I missing by holding out on GZ? Do I need to play it now or can I just wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom