• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorTom

So I'm finally getting a copy of GZ this weekend (hopefully tomorrow- my birthday) courtesy of a friend, but I'm still thinking playing it when I get TPP will give me a full experience. I don't even know what that means tbh.
What am I missing by holding out on GZ? Do I need to play it now or can I just wait?

If you have it then play it. There's plenty to do on it.

OldLogos

Banned
I'm so glad the arm becomes a rocket!
I might actually turn on Reflex mode just to see it punch someone in the face/nuts in slo mo.

They better use the sound effect for when you hit a guy in the head with a clip for when you punch a guy in the nuts with your rocket hand. TOINK!

Mexen

Since Big Boss is the first person Solid Snake talks to in MG, could he be a buddy towards the end of the game or "recruitable" and you send him on a mission that inevitably bites you in the ass?
I'm starting to have my doubts about playing as SS at the end but I'm still open to the possibility of facing him as some sort of boss (pun unintended).
Happy Birthday by the way :)

Thanks, Major.

Sounds Berserk

ref1-21106.jpg

sexyelder

Just watched the pythonselkan head transplant video. I think Big Boss was mortally wounded before he slipped into a coma and they gave him the body of someone else who would die anyway from a fatal head injury (shrapnel). They would keep the body doner alive, being attached to Big Boss's damaged body, the body posses him alla MGS 2 and he believes he is Big Boss.

Venom Fox

Banned
Just watched the pythonselkan head transplant video. I think Big Boss was mortally wounded before he slipped into a coma and they gave him the body of someone else who would die anyway from a fatal head injury (shrapnel). They would keep the body doner alive, being attached to Big Boss's damaged body, the body posses him alla MGS 2 and he believes he is Big Boss.
But didn't become liquid through therapy?
Or nanomachines? lol

Edit:
Big Boss later revealed to Snake that Liquid "possessing" Ocelot was a planned ruse in order to fool the Patriots as means of lowering The Patriots' guard against him. Big Boss elaborated that Ocelot was able to use hypnosis, drugs, psychotherapy and nanomachines to transplant the personality of Liquid Snake onto himself. Ocelot had removed the transplanted arm of Liquid Snake because the so-called "possessions" during the Manhattan Incident had caused an imbalance to his psyche.

I've still got the feeling that Gray Fox is BB in disguise as a ruse against Cipher, BUT we won't be playing as Gray Fox, we will be playing as BB.

Wait whutt !?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

don't be ridiculous

This guy was at the preview event:

I’m playing Venom Snake, you understand at the beginning of the game why he isn’t Naked Snake anymore. In any case, he’s Big Boss.

sexyelder

But didn't become liquid through therapy?
Or nanomachines? lol

Nanomachimes is a lie :p

Honestly nanomachines are just filler for plotholes. Kojima may just change it again back to possession. But this is a different case so it doesnt have to follow the same rules. Its also an entire body.
MAYBE OCELOT GOT THE IDEA FROM BIG BOSS!?

Venom Fox

Banned
Nanomachimes is a lie :p

Honestly nanomachines are just filler for plotholes. Kojima may just change it again back to possession. But this is a different case so it doesnt have to follow the same rules. Its also an entire body.
MAYBE OCELOT GOT THE IDEA FROM BIG BOSS!?
True, true.

I can't wait to see what's in store for us.

Sn4ke_911

I believe Ishmael is the manifestations of the Doner's true self, trying to snap him out of it.

Dude you're watching too many of those shitty pythonselkan videos.

Those two guys are fucking crazy.

Mexen

Did they speculate on the donor? If Solidus' body had to be used in MGS 4 because he was a perfect clone, then even back in TPP, the donor body would have to be highly compatible, no?

You could say, yeah what about Liquid and Ocelot? No relation there. But then I'd say, yeah it was just an arm...or something. So theoritically, that transplant had high chances of "success" but a whole body, idk...

Sn4ke_911

Im avoiding the impressions so I have no idea what you mean........so tempted to check it out! how bad are the spoilers?

If you've seen the E3 2013 trailer you've seen the "Skulls".

Also spoilers are really not bad, there are absolutely no story spoilers just gameplay spoilers.

Vally

Im avoiding the impressions so I have no idea what you mean........so tempted to check it out! how bad are the spoilers?

They're not too bad, in my opinion... just gameplay features, ways to complete the missions, etc. Nothing about the plot, except some tweets mentioning a boss battle with a certain character but honestly I think we all saw that coming

MajorTom

They're not too bad, in my opinion... just gameplay features, ways to complete the missions, etc. Nothing about the plot, except some tweets mentioning a boss battle with a certain character but honestly I think we all saw that coming

I feel like the "certain character" may be played by a "certain person" who I would classify as....cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom