• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

I'm hoping The Witcher 3 will last me all the way up until MGSV...given how huge it is I think that;'s an easy possibility.

pst..
you forget to happy birthday Mexen :D

got a bunch of games. project cars , wolf old blood , playing through the yakuza games , peace walker also witcher & batman

I'll be picking Project Cars and The Witcher 3 next week. I am so excited for Batman as well :D

sexyelder

I'm hoping The Witcher 3 will last me all the way up until MGSV...given how huge it is I think that;'s an easy possibility.

Edit: Happy birthday Mexen!

Just watched a end to end video of the map. Honest to god this game graphically looks better than TPP. The world is breathtaking

Vally

I don't know how I'll shurfife until MGSV release, I'll probably play some of the games I have on my PS+ backlog. Oh and Steins;Gate on Vita, looking forward to playing that one

How are the books? I've thought about giving them a read.

Finished The Last Wish - first set of The Witcher Stories - and I want more. A real page-turner. I think there shoudn't be any problems with something lost in translation.
Geralt is a great character. Others are awesome too.
I heard that the newest book (Season of Storms*) isn't that good so I'm going to skip it and read only 7 of them before I'll play the games.

I don't know how to write a book review in english. Hell, I don't know how to write in english at all.

*now I see that Lady of the Lake, The Swallow's Tower and Season of Storms weren't translated to english yet. You can always learn polish language and read them in original :p

Strazyplus

I have a tough question for you all...

Because of the terrible decisions Konami has been making is troubling, they appear to be dropping everything such as P.T and silent hills completely trashed.... When it comes to Phantom pain Konami is doing everything it can to stop and crash Metal gear soild they are trying to get people to quit... here is the troubling question...

Will Phantom pain actually release?

sexyelder

I typed in Witcher 3 Geralt art
Screenshot_2015_05_15_15_22_50.png

Big Boss = Geralt #CONFIRMED_2015/IGN

Vally

FraggedNation, Yong and Ronin doing a podcast right now
http://www.hitbox.tv/NationFusion

I have a tough question for you all...

Because of the terrible decisions Konami has been making is troubling, they appear to be dropping everything such as P.T and silent hills completely trashed.... When it comes to Phantom pain Konami is doing everything it can to stop and crash Metal gear soild they are trying to get people to quit... here is the troubling question...

Will Phantom pain actually release?

Konami has invested too much time and money in this game to cancel it when they are so close to release. It will be released, no question

KorrZ

Finished The Last Wish - first set of The Witcher Stories - and I want more. A real page-turner. I think there shoudn't be any problems with something lost in translation.
Geralt is a great character. Others are awesome too.
I heard that the newest book (Season of Storms*) isn't that good so I'm going to skip it and read only 7 of them before I'll play the games.

I don't know how to write a book review in english. Hell, I don't know how to write in english at all.

*now I see that Lady of the Lake, The Swallow's Tower and Season of Storms weren't translated to english yet. You can always learn polish language and read them in original :p

You are Polish? Neat! I would of course be reading the English translations so hopefully they hold up OK. I will probably give them a read after playing 3 :p

Strazyplus

Konami has invested too much time and money in this game to cancel it when they are so close to release. It will be released, no question

At this point I am not entirely sure about that... from the rumors they are making things not pleasant for the team working on the game, I am scared :<

Venom Fox

Banned
Right, guys I have a mission for you all.

Please help me come up with a better name for my acc, there are too many snakes and as much as I like my user name I feel like this community only needs one snake ;)
I'll choose the best one and ask a mod to change it.

*please no joke names and try to make it MG related.

Thanks guys.

sexyelder

Please help me come up with a better name for my acc, there are too many snakes and as much as I like my user name I feel like this community only needs one snake ;)

Thanks guys.
Venom Viper?

KorrZ

Thanks guys.

Hebi (Japanese for snake ;)(

Vally

Thanks guys.

Chico

Or Chico Mantis

brau

Thanks guys.

Donald Anderson
Master Miller
Darpa Chief
Zanzibar
Springfield Operator

Amm... i dunno... Sneaking Shoes?

PUMA!

I am out of ideas.

HAH "PAL Key Card" makes me chuckle. You can even have an avatar of a keycard. lol.

OldLogos

Banned

Thanks guys.

You like hip hop? I almost made my name GhostfaceMiller - would make great avatar art too. Just shop Kaz's face here:

or here:

Venom Fox

Banned
PAL Key Card
And
GhostfaceMiller
Are my favourites up to now!

Thanks guys!

Edit: Chico mantis is good, BUT if Chico is Quiet then does that make me Vally? ;)

KorrZ

Donald Anderson
Master Miller
Darpa Chief
Zanzibar
Springfield Operator

Amm... i dunno... Sneaking Shoes?

PUMA!

I am out of ideas.

HAH "PAL Key Card" makes me chuckle. You can even have an avatar of a keycard. lol.

You would need 3 different ones so you can change it based on the temperature outside.

You like hip hop? I almost made my name GhostfaceMiller - would make great avatar art too. Just shop Kaz's face here:

or here:

Actually, Kazuhira's name in mgs1 was Macdonald Benedict Miller. So if your cool with the whole brevity thing..............Mac Miller. Wouldn't be surprised if Miller drops some dope rhymes.

Venom Fox

Banned
You would need 3 different ones so you can change it based on the temperature outside.
Brau, can you possibly make me an avatar out of this? Just Elsa though and keeping the same tagline as mine?
I'd do it but I'm not on PC and I won't be building my one until at least August/September.

metal_gear_frozen__the_phantom_pain_by_iterak-d72tct6.png

Vally

What's weird about it? It's always been on the boxart.

Since the whole Kojima/Konami debacle some sites have changed the boxart and it doesn't have that line anymore. GAME UK for example:

262975_ps4_a.png

But then again on other sites the boxart still has the AHKG line, and that Japanese promotional material is supposed to be recent, so who knows

Since the whole Kojima/Konami debacle some sites have changed the boxart and it doesn't have that line anymore. GAME UK for example:

262975_ps4_a.png

But then again on other sites the boxart still has the AHKG line, and that Japanese promotional material is supposed to be recent, so who knows

it would be funny if people bought mgs v from game and it has no a hideo kojima game logo on it while the rest of the copies from other retailers do

Palpable

It is confirmed you can not play as a random Diamond Dogs soldier. So yeah, holy shit this is big. This has to mean there are multiple playable characters but for now they can only choose Snake.

Where was it confirmed that you can play as Mother Base grunts like in PW?

That would also mean Kojima lied again, he said Snake is the only playable character in the game. But hey if there really are more chars to play with why should he spoil the surprise so of course he had to lie.

Of course he lied. It's not like he's going to tell the truth if people ask about features / story related questions that they clearly want to keep under wraps until the game comes out or until certain media show off dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom