• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
New Big Boss quote!

"Heaven's not my kind of place anyway..."

Imagine Kiefer saying this ...HOLY SHIT!!!

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks!
Nice info but i was waiting for at least something more.

I don't know how i feel about less cutscenes. I love everything about MGS cutscenes and it makes me feel pretty sad that Kojima eventually listened to those who said that they where too much.

Eh, it seems like this is just a natural evolution from Peace Walker, Kojima finally can let the story be told while you play the game. Plus, I'm sure we'll get long cutscenes later in the game, like when Big Boss meets Skullface or when Liquid and Solidus a

Kindekuma

Banned
GET HYPED YOU GUYS

dFRa7Dq.gif

Embearded

I agree. They basically turned cutscenes into cassette tapes. I'd rather watch than listen.

I've heard about that and i also feel it's wrong. Cutscenes are a part of MGS and they should be there along with tapes for those who want something extra.

yup, maybe Konami made the directive but good to know there's tonnes of info in the cassette tapes. I envision a playthrough and trophy dedicated to collecting them all. I'm still willing to bet we'll get at least one 30+ mins cutscene at some point. We can't listen to the build up of the last battle.

Eh, it seems like this is just a natural evolution from Peace Walker, Kojima finally can let the story be told while you play the game. Plus, I'm sure we'll get long cutscenes later in the game, like when Big Boss meets Skullface or when Liquid and Solidus a

Tapes add to the gameplay by collecting them, visiting again places for them etc. but they are just not enough! Why the hell hire Sutherland for motion capture if you are planning for more tapes than cutscenes?
After 100% Peace Walker, by playing missions in random order, i can't say that i remember the correct order of missions or some story elements.

I really hope you are both right and we get some long cutscenes.

I don't know what to spoil tag and what no, so i tag em all just to be on the safe side.

Who else is going to replay a mission right after it's completion, to do as many side quests as possible?

I'm still pretty confident there will be plenty of cutscenes throughout, except more like bookends to the beginning and ending of missions and chapters.

I definitely think it will be perceived as the least cutscene ladened MGS because of the gameplay to cutscene ratio and the fact that codec is basically in tapes and in real time.

Same amount of cutscenes but with far longer stretches of gameplay inbetween them because of the open world concept.

Or at least I hope anyway, I don't like the idea of major plot beats being solely in the tapes, so we will see how it all goes down come September 1st.

I won't lie though, that OXM preview has me beyond hyped and pretty much confirms that this is Kojima's send off for the series and his magnum opus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom