• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
not really a spoiler
Being able to turn off Invasions but still be online sounds like a nice feature.

brau

All i read is that the hosp scene is a game changer. All i need to know. i am out. Alright. No moar talk about this.

KOJIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I asked him were there any screens and he said:

Ha, some other guy asked exactly the same thing. So, like I said to him, I don't keep up to date with screenshots, only videos, so I don't entirely know what's new. Outside of the sweet cover, they've got a cool double page spread of a cartoon isometric view of one of the outposts and the various things you can do. All of the screenshots seem to be Snake dicking around in Afghanistan, nothing story-related.

There's a pic of Snake driving a jeep with DD sitting next to him in the passenger seat, and another shows what you can Fulton (a large crate, a mortar and a gun turret, and also states that these don't respawn unless reinforcements bring more).

No pic of Chico as Quiet though.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Be careful guys don't post any magazine scans on GAF, SCANS ARE NOT ALLOWED HERE!

brau

I don't think anyone has mentioned it. But guys!!! BE CAREFUL! DON'T POST SCANS HERE! Just don't do it!

DON'T DO IT!

Unless you like to live dangerously. Then just make a thread with them. :) A la dawg.

p1bFEXp.png

Embearded

No need for PM, because those are not scans. It's just a summary.

Looks like someone got the magazine.

Be careful with spoilers, i don't know how spoiler-ish that is.

http://imgur.com/a/HRu6X

Thanks!
Nice info but i was waiting for at least something more.

I don't know how i feel about less cutscenes. I love everything about MGS cutscenes and it makes me feel pretty sad that Kojima eventually listened to those who said that they where too much.

Palpable

Thanks!

I don't know how i feel about less cutscenes. I love everything about MGS cutscenes and it makes me feel pretty sad that Kojima eventually listened to those who said that they where too much.

I agree. They basically turned cutscenes into cassette tapes. I'd rather watch than listen.

Mexen

Thanks!

yup, maybe Konami made the directive but good to know there's tonnes of info in the cassette tapes. I envision a playthrough and trophy dedicated to collecting them all. I'm still willing to bet we'll get at least one 30+ mins cutscene at some point. We can't listen to the build up of the last battle.

Roldan

Idk, I'm seeing some discrepancy here.

I'm pretty sure
some people tweeted during the preview that players weren't able to play as DD's mercenaries AND that the Mother Base had indoors exploration.
The magazine is saying otherwise. :p

brau

Idk, I'm seeing some discrepancy here.

I'm pretty sure
some people tweeted during the preview that players weren't able to play as DD's mercenaries AND that the Mother Base had indoors exploration.
The magazine is saying otherwise. :p

uh oh... TIME PARADOX!!

Preorder cancelled.

brau

Is typing it out word for word and crediting the author allowed?

Pretty sure Yong Yea is already on this. You'll see a video for each bullet point. Every video will be 30 mins long and he will discuss each point in depth!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAUNGOUT!

Kindekuma

Banned
Pretty sure Yong Yea is already on this. You'll see a video for each bullet point. Every video will be 30 mins long and he will discuss each point in depth!

YEEEONG OUT

I tweeted him about this and nothing. He must be recording right now lol

Vally

Parasite Unit, I like the name

lol

Mexen

I'm laughing so hard at this even though I know it could actually happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom