• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

So, is the Grim Reaper here yet?

image.php

That was an easy on e
:D

Mexen

Will Yong permission or something to make a video of the article?
Lawyer OuterGAF, enlighten a lowly techie.

brau

Will Yong permission or something to make a video of the article?
Lawyer OuterGAF, enlighten a lowly techie.

Jindrax is the lawyer around here.

As far as what i think. I don't get what you are asking. Does Young need to request permission?

Mexen

Jindrax is the lawyer around here.

As far as what i think. I don't get what you are asking. Does Young need to request permission?

Nvm then. Was wondering if it's ok for him to post a vid based on the OXM preview and stuff.

Real edit: good looking out, Sn4ku!

Oh nice! What are you gonna study/are you studying?

Lost limbs in this case. I'm sure his reasons pile up, falling out with Big Boss etc
Wait why are we spoiler tagging this. It is known. Lol.
Comp Sci, hopefully

and yeah that could be that catalyst for Kaz's actions if they actually happen, then again it's always seemed to me like the ideals behind MSF/DD were always of Big Boss' design, and Kaz is just there to make money, or for other reasons, and the race thing could've always been a thing that Kojima has only decided to show now

Mexen

What a read ( ._.) All the splooge

Comp Sci, hopefully

and yeah that could be that catalyst for Kaz's actions if they actually happen, then again it's always seemed to me like the ideals behind MSF/DD were always of Big Boss' design, and Kaz is just there to make money, or for other reasons, and the race thing could've always been a thing that Kojima has only decided to show now

Awesome! All the best, brother.

LowParry

This day has been a roller coaster, OuterGAF.

Every day is a theme park here on GAF. So much fun rides today. However I'm avoiding that MGS info. I've caught some small bits here and there but that's it. I want this game to be fresh and alive when I start to play.

Mexen

wondering if the mad soldiers are just random characters or from GZ saved files. Lol. Kojima has me tripping

Popcicle

Hot Texas Chili
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/296895256

Guy on 4chan who supposedly was at the preview event was giving details about what he played. Read at your own risk since there are some spoilers about the hospital intro, though personally I think he's making shit up

I know I'm late to this, so sorry about that, but just wanted to come in and confirm that this person (whoever they are/claim to be) did not attend the preview event and is making up their experience with the game, seemingly from information that real attendees provided online, as well as things they gleaned from trailers.

The majority of their story spoilers are categorically false. Feel free to ignore them.

Rajang

I know I'm late to this, so sorry about that, but just wanted to come in and confirm that this person (whoever they are/claim to be) did not attend the preview event and is making up their experience with the game, seemingly from information that real attendees provided online, as well as things they gleaned from trailers.

The majority of their story spoilers are categorically false. Feel free to ignore them.

b4yatfsciaapkfxpnof7.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Haha nice! Thanks a lot for the clarification Robert.

Thank you! <3

Sn4ke_911

Well now im sad that we probably won't get a tutorial where The Boss teaches Big Boss CQC.

:(

Sn4ke_911

quote from the magazine:

“The Phantom Pain‘s prologue is “a real game-changer”. Kojima‘s direction and un&#64258;inching commitment to challenging expectations and conventions make it the most tense experience ever hosted on PlayStation.”

I'm still pretty confident there will be plenty of cutscenes throughout, except more like bookends to the beginning and ending of missions and chapters.

I definitely think it will be perceived as the least cutscene ladened MGS because of the gameplay to cutscene ratio and the fact that codec is basically in tapes and in real time.

Same amount of cutscenes but with far longer stretches of gameplay inbetween them because of the open world concept.

Or at least I hope anyway, I don't like the idea of major plot beats being solely in the tapes, so we will see how it all goes down come September 1st.

I won't lie though, that OXM preview has me beyond hyped and pretty much confirms that this is Kojima's send off for the series and his magnum opus.
I too hope there are a good bit of cutscenes. Triggering a 20 minute cutscene of awesomeness is a metal gear staple.

Sn4ke_911

Goddamn those quotes:

"The cutscene-heavy opening stands apart from the rest of the game &#8211; it neither looks nor plays like any of the following 13 hours [&#8230;] and could very well go down as Kojima&#8217;s finest directional hour from any Metal Gear, bar none. Try your hardest not to spoil the madness for yourself.&#8221;

"Those worried that Ground Zeroes' po-faced unpleasantness heralded the end of Kojima's mad streak are in for a treat: this is a half-hour barrage of interactive cutscenes and subtle tutorials that wrench you from classic thriller territory to J-horror dread with touches so surreal you'll wonder if Big Boss isn't still trapped inside his shrapnel-riddled brain"

&#8220;It&#8217;s a lot to absorb, and the terrifying truth is there&#8217;s a lot more that I sampled in my two-day marathon session that I&#8217;m not yet allowed to discuss.&#8221;

&#8220;The wait for September is going to be excruciating, but when MGS V finally arrives it&#8217;s going to be so much more than anybody but Kojima himself had envisioned.&#8221;

brau

Brauski, what's new my man?! Ready to make me a new sig?
I kid :p

Was just playing Splatoon! and loving TW3. How about you?

I'll pull the trigger on a new avatar as soon as you tell me what you want. :3
Goddamn those quotes:

"The cutscene-heavy opening stands apart from the rest of the game &#8211; it neither looks nor plays like any of the following 13 hours [&#8230;] and could very well go down as Kojima&#8217;s finest directional hour from any Metal Gear, bar none. Try your hardest not to spoil the madness for yourself.&#8221;

"Those worried that Ground Zeroes' po-faced unpleasantness heralded the end of Kojima's mad streak are in for a treat: this is a half-hour barrage of interactive cutscenes and subtle tutorials that wrench you from classic thriller territory to J-horror dread with touches so surreal you'll wonder if Big Boss isn't still trapped inside his shrapnel-riddled brain"

&#8220;It&#8217;s a lot to absorb, and the terrifying truth is there&#8217;s a lot more that I sampled in my two-day marathon session that I&#8217;m not yet allowed to discuss.&#8221;

&#8220;The wait for September is going to be excruciating, but when MGS V finally arrives it&#8217;s going to be so much more than anybody but Kojima himself had envisioned.&#8221;

That sounds so amazing. HYPE!

Sn4ke_911

This just blows my mind, with a game this big and so polished.

Only Kojima and his team.

"They had a whole section on his notepad ready for notes on how it performed/technical complaints, and the only thing he wrote at the end of his whole session was that some foliage occasionally pops-in in Africa, i.e it was mostly perfect."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1057320

Kindekuma

Banned
This just blows my mind, with a game this big and so polished.

Only Kojima and his team.

"They had a whole section on his notepad ready for notes on how it performed/technical complaints, and the only thing he wrote at the end of his whole session was that some foliage occasionally pops-in in Africa, i.e it was mostly perfect."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1057320

Oh they fixed most of the pop in? The E3 2014 demo had a lot of obvious pop in so I guess it's been mostly polished out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom