• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God for Bloodborne. It's been keeping me occupied trying to complete everything. It has helped pass the time until TPP. I don't think I'm gonna get the Witcher 3 as I don't want to exhaust myself. I have a few games that I haven't finished that hopefully hold me over. Maybe get Batman or God of War 3 remaster.

Rajang

Downloaded GZ late last night and just got done playing it for the first time. Tried my damnedest to put all the guards I came in contact with to sleep, but that didn't last very long. So I did some killing instead. Extracted all but one prisoner who died from a soldier's bullet. Took over an hour, but I got a B rank. I'm such a sneaking noob. Will definitely be playing some more in the next three months

Nice.

Have you played the previous games? What do you think of the gameplay?

Thank God for Bloodborne. It's been keeping me occupied trying to complete everything. It has helped pass the time until TPP. I don't think I'm gonna get the Witcher 3 as I don't want to exhaust myself. I have a few games that I haven't finished that hopefully hold me over. Maybe get Batman or God of War 3 remaster.

Yeah, I'm playing Bloodborne now as well. Such an incredible game.

Nice.

Have you played the previous games? What do you think of the gameplay?

Briefly played Sons of Liberty and that's it. Found myself crouching more than I had anticipated but I think that's just cause I haven't gotten to the feel of the controls just yet. And I did have trouble shooting tranq shots at soldiers when they spotted my up-close. Felt like the shots just weren't lining up even when I was aiming at their heads

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's rare that he smiles like that haha.

It's like a little kid on christmas.

CGypmWIVIAAD5J3.jpg:large

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
MGSV:TPP will really make you feel like a boss, and perceive the weight of your responsibility

Last month, Miguel Asher of South American gaming show Atomix Show was present at the MGSV Preview Event in LA, and in a video he talked a bit about his impressions – which were only positive. Credits for the translation of this information go to YongYea.

As said before, the morale of Snake’s soldiers will drop when he’s gone too long from Mother Base. According to Miguel, the game really makes you feel like a boss, and the player will feel the weight of their decisions. Also, when Snake returns to Mother Base soldiers will line up and salute him. As Snake walks around the base (for example, to take a shower), Kaz and Ocelot will accompany him and walk along with him, one on each side, while giving him information and advice, on what to build and develop for Mother Base for example. They will also automatically distribute the soldiers Snake fultonned across the various units, but you can do it yourself to achieve the best results. Soldiers on Mother Base will also ask Snake to train with them. All in all, the game will really make you feel like you’re the ultimate leader, the ‘Big Boss’ of this small army.

It looks like every weapon can be improved through R&D. You’ll be able to develop a sniper rifle that can shoot tranquilizer rounds. For some weapons, like this sniper rifle, you not only have to get your unit to a certain level, but also recruit specific staff, in this case an anesthesiologist.

As we’ve seen in gameplay videos Snake can lean on one side of his horse to avoid being spotted by the enemy. But apparently he can also shoot from this position, using one handed weapons.

Miguel also said that the game will have less cutscenes, but there is still an awesome story. Players can expect to see some very bizarre things in the game, and they won’t believe some of the things they will see. Miguel also praised the soundtrack, calling it nothing short of incredible, and stating that the stuff we’ve heard in GZ and in the trailers is just the tip of the iceberg.

In the video, Miguel also gave his opinion on the game. Going by the 16 hours he has played, he thinks this is the best game Konami has ever released. He also feels this game is easily a Game of the Year contender, with Bloodborne being the only true competition in his eyes. Comparing MGSV to Assassin’s Creed, he thinks The Phantom Pain makes the latter look like a poor man’s open world game, and that unlike AC, TPP has heart. He felt Kiefer Sutherland sounded more like a soldier, while David Hayter sounded a bit more ‘fake’ in earlier games.

So in short, another very positive impression of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. It looks like the game is shaping up to be everything Hideo Kojima envisioned.

Between Bloodborne, TW3, & Trails in the Sky SC, I'm basically neck deep into long, time-consuming games till MGSV lol.

It won't be till October that I'll go back to a shorter weekend romp (Uncharted Collection), and then it'll be back to a 30-50 hour JRPG with Cold Steel.

wow, konami should cancel the console ports by this highly indicitve poll

If the coming MGSV PC playerbase can at least rival the PS4 playerbase it could serve as incentive for Konami and maybe even some other developers to focus more on the PC market. It could even result in ports and remakes for the PC if Konami is still willing to make games.

Error1355

Voting with my wallet and not double dipping
No one is ever going to notice

I'm buying one of each collector's edition because I'm a fool and I spend my money recklessly.

If the coming MGSV PC playerbase can at least rival the PS4 playerbase it could serve as incentive for Konami and maybe even some other developers to focus more on the PC market. It could even result in ports and remakes for the PC if Konami is still willing to make games.

I'm just really interested in seeing the modding community for the game. I doubt there will be any official modding but still want to see the crazy for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom