• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he's a buddy of mine.

I'm waiting for the confirmation of co-op. I know it's coming. I can feel it in my waters.

I bet that coming E3 they are also going to confirm co-op. Especially with these multiplayers modes and being able to play different characters in singleplayers. Co-op is just bound to happen, right?

Has everybody already seen the scans of the Xbox magazine itself? Otherwise you can find them posted on the MGS subreddit on Reddit.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I'm disappointed they're sticking with Metal Gears that look more advanced than Rex.

As long as they aren't more advanced I'm ok. Zeke looked dandy and all but Rex would've kicked its ass any day of the week.

Palpable

Being able to play as other soldiers in the combat unit is cool. Because of that, I feel co-op is going to be a part of the game.

Kindekuma

Banned
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

t88YoVW.gif

-Deimos

As long as they aren't more advanced I'm ok. Zeke looked dandy and all but Rex would've kicked its ass any day of the week.

Well the new Zeke/MG is basically a Rex Slim. At this point, Kojima is either going to retcon TX-55 and D or have the blueprints of Zeke v2.0 mysteriously disappear, which are both crappy outcomes.

Just read the cardboard box part. So many options... o_O

I'm telling you: Kojima's firing and ereasing his name from sites and stuff is just a ruse. He is Konami's CEO now and is fucking with our heads right now.
And Silent Hills will be anounced like: we don't have any trailer or anything but the release is like tomorrow so go on and buy it.

This man is a genius.

Vally

I was hoping to see some new screenshots in the PlayStation magazine but nope, both magazines have the same pictures

Mexen

I was hoping to see some new screenshots in the PlayStation magazine but nope, both magazines have the same pictures

Yeah, me too. Maybe they were instructed not to do so. Even the content itself contains a vast amount of info we already know.
It's all up to E3 to deliver moar newness now!

Quiet will be able to deficate some stanky ass shit that can clear out entire fortresses. You heard it here first, folks.

mgs5bcdefk6u2t.gif

Imagine this: you ordered D-Dog to shit on a guard's path. Then he steps in it and goes "aww shit! I stepped in a shit!" and runs to clean his shoes so you can infilrtate now empty area. Or: he didn't noticed it and mumbles "what's that smell? hmm... must be my imagination" and all the other guards he passes by are like "hey Vadim, you shat yourself? lol!".
This is Metal Gear, everything's possible.

I can't wait for this game and just scratched my MGS marathon. Finished Snake Eater, will watch PO and PW on YT and have some fun with GZ then wait for TPP playing TimeSplitters :)
Too much MGS could kill my hype for a new one.

Embearded

yup, CE, watch, figurines, clothing line and now this.

And as an unemployed student, i have nothing! I always tell myself to hold back and not spend the few money my parents give me in these as the time will come that i'll get them on my own...

I hope we get native steam controller support for the PC version of TPP.

Yeah me too! Watched the trailer yesterday and it seems like a nice controller.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Here is the 1920x1080 wallpaper without the watermark.

I'm using it, looks great.

G5xb.jpg

Downloaded GZ late last night and just got done playing it for the first time. Tried my damnedest to put all the guards I came in contact with to sleep, but that didn't last very long. So I did some killing instead. Extracted all but one prisoner who died from a soldier's bullet. Took over an hour, but I got a B rank. I'm such a sneaking noob. Will definitely be playing some more in the next three months

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That end quote from the magazine.

It's the biggest Metal Gear ever. It's the deepest Metal Gear ever. And after poking and prying and experimenting and playing inside its many places and menus for two whole days, I'm utterly convinced that this new vision for Metal Gear Solid is a masterstroke.
Moving the mechanics into a sandbox environment is as big an evolutionary step as when Metal Gear made the transition to the Solid series and three dimensions. The wait for September is going to be excruciating, but when MGS V finally arrives it's going to be so much more than anybody but Kojima himself had envisoned.

Wow.

Sushigod7

Are the magazines with the physical articles coming next week as well? Need to pick up all of them for the collection. Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom