• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexen

True Big Boss style :)

2f0.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Does that mean there is more coming this week and not just the new previews tomorrow?

2015-06-0813_24_11-sugcpdq.png

Hypron

Congrats! Remember in MGS3 to NOT eat the Tsuchinoko.

But you actually should eat the Tsuchinoko.

All the mouse traps
You know, I was always torn by that decision. Even with ammo. Say I max out my capacity, right? My need to preserve it always overtook my need to use it and so I'd end up just using CQC or sneaking by unnoticed save for most boss battles of course.

Hahaha I'm impatient to find out what you guys are talking about :p

I just started and got to the point where Ocelot jobs for the second time and gets somersaulted by a motorcycle. This game is nuts.
I love it.

I'm going in sorta blind. I've had major plot points spoiled to me but I can't remember seeing any gameplay footage from the game so it's still all kinda new to me.

It seems a lot harder than MGS 2 so far though. I get detected all the time, guards seem to be a lot more alert.

Can you still hold guys up? I tried to do it a couple of times without success, but I might be doing it wrong. I've come to use that feature a lot in MGS2 so it'd suck if I couldn't do it anymore.

Finally. Can't wait for the embargo to lift.

Really looking forward to Greg Miller's preview, being one of the few games media press who not only played Peace Walker, but LOVED it.

Sn4ke_911

Finally. Can't wait for the embargo to lift.

Really looking forward to Greg Miller's preview, being one of the few games media press who not only played Peace Walker, but LOVED it.

It's his favorite game of all time but then again I'd be very careful with spoilers.

Sn4ke_911

His impression + hopefully dat Kojima E3 2015 trailer will be all that I will consume of MGSV. I'm going dark on anything MGSV after that.

The thing about Miller (not Kaz lol) is he likes to talk freely about stuff without even knowing he just spoiled something really awesome.

That's why i said i'd be very careful with Greg's impressions.

The thing about Miller is (not Kaz lol) he likes to talk freely about stuff without even knowing he just spoiled something really awesome.

That's why i said i'd be very careful with Greg's impressions.

Yeah, that does happen from time-to-time. He's careful with crucial spoilers, but the lesser ones... >.>

Does that mean there is more coming this week and not just the new previews tomorrow?

2015-06-0813_24_11-sugcpdq.png

The way she's worded the tweet, it does sound like there's more to come. But I'm just expecting impressions and nothing else. Could be a press release for E3, who knows.

Same here. I like the Kinda Funny crew.

Sn4ke_911

The animations and motion blur looks just so good.

He even kicks the horse to get more speed.

Kojima's unmatched attention to detail.

ibhkjtzsy7f6fzksakv.gif

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It seems a lot harder than MGS 2 so far though. I get detected all the time, guards seem to be a lot more alert.

Can you still hold guys up? I tried to do it a couple of times without success, but I might be doing it wrong. I've come to use that feature a lot in MGS2 so it'd suck if I couldn't do it anymore.

You can.

Snake hasn't got Solid's silent running shoes, so it's much more risky running or walking near guards. They'll snap around and spot you.

You need to use the D-Pad to stalk (read: walk quietly) up to guards when you are within hearing range. Get close enough and you can hold them up or CQC hold them and interrogate them. It's been a while but I think if you leave unconscious bodies in tall grass they sleep longer and are a little harder for their chums to spot.

Hope that helps.

Mexen

Hahaha I'm impatient to find out what you guys are talking about :p

I just started and got to the point where Ocelot jobs for the second time and gets somersaulted by a motorcycle. This game is nuts.
I love it.

I'm going in sorta blind. I've had major plot points spoiled to me but I can't remember seeing any gameplay footage from the game so it's still all kinda new to me.

That and more, brother.
In different positions too

big boss amiibo

would buy ( ._.)

That sneaking suit boss figure looks great but I'm wary of playarts now after getting two shitty paint jobs.

Ordered the MGS1 Snake from them directly and one of his side burns wasn't painted. Looks weird as hell and I'm too afraid to try and correct it myself.

Palpable

That sneaking suit boss figure looks great but I'm wary of playarts now after getting two shitty paint jobs.

Ordered the MGS1 Snake from them directly and one of his side burns wasn't painted. Looks weird as hell and I'm too afraid to try and correct it myself.

PAK is overrated. I have several of them. They're alright, but way overpriced.

Zambatoh

The animations and motion blur looks just so good.

He even kicks the horse to get more speed.

Kojima's unmatched attention to detail.

ibhkjtzsy7f6fzksakv.gif

This is pretty much on par with Shadow of the Colossus' horse animations. I wonder if the controls will be similar.

Sn4ke_911

Really? I think there's too much motion blur, you can even see the "outline" where the blur ends.

Don't judge stuff like this now, better wait for the final build, when they showed this gameplay footage the game was like Kojima said still in "early stage".

-Deimos

I keep forgetting journalists actually read this thread. Unless somebody is notifying them about random strawpolls, which is just as weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom