• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akiller

I'l leave this here, use it when a brotah feels sad:
11390317_487458071402730_7413988327255807699_n.jpg

Yep!

IIRC, Snake starts out with a DD patch.

The choppah pics, good times :(

Hypron

You can.

Snake hasn't got Solid's silent running shoes, so it's much more risky running or walking near guards. They'll snap around and spot you.

You need to use the D-Pad to stalk (read: walk quietly) up to guards when you are within hearing range. Get close enough and you can hold them up or CQC hold them and interrogate them. It's been a while but I think if you leave unconscious bodies in tall grass they sleep longer and are a little harder for their chums to spot.

Hope that helps.

That and more, brother.
In different positions too

Thanks guys! I'll give it a try when I get back from uni tonight.

Congratulations!

Cheers :)

Shy

if its like GZ the pc version will come with a english and japanese copy for free.
I hope it doesn't work like ground zeroes though, because the save file is different between the English and Japanese audio tracks. because you're basically downloading two versions of the same game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Regular and Collector’s Edition guide for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Paperback Guide ($24.99)
Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-Piggyback-Guide.jpg

The Ultimate Guide to 100% Completion!

¨All missions, all side quests, all secrets, all collectibles, all Achievements and Trophies – at your fingertips!

¨TURNKEY WALKTHROUGH: An at-a-glance, map-based walkthrough steers you through the entire adventure supported by annotated hi-res screenshots.

¨ALL GAME SYSTEMS DECODED:
Statistics, diagrams and analysis from our experts provide a comprehensive understanding of all game systems and features, including the Mother Base management metagame.

¨A WEALTH OF EXTRAS: Includes an extensive story recap, a poster covering the immense game area and much more!

¨DEVELOPMENT: Developed directly with Kojima Productions in Tokyo.

¨MAINTAINING TRADITION: From the same team that brought you the highly acclaimed guides to Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

¨QUALITY CONTROL:
Carefully designed to avoid unnecessary story spoilers.

Collector’s Edition Guide ($34.99)
Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-Piggyback-Collectors-Guide.jpg

A Must Have for the Metal Gear Solid Collector!!

EXCLUSIVE TO THE COLLECTOR’S EDITION GUIDE: A lithograph by Yoji Shinkawa, an art gallery, an exclusive hardcover and additional content.

SyberWolf

I hope it doesn't work like ground zeroes though, because the save file is different between the English and Japanese audio tracks. because you're basically downloading two versions of the same game.

didnt they fix that in a patch/beta build? not sure though havent tried the japanese version in a while.

I also pre ordered the guide. Won't even open it until I finish the game though.

However I may have to if there happens to be 10 secret endings. Lol

Flunkie

Banned
I started playing Peace Walker again on PS3 with a save from my PSP that had 44 hours in it. I never finished the game, but apparently I was like 2 or 3 missions away from the end. I'm going to beat it then start a new save file and go through it again for trophies. Then play Ground Zeroes. Then have all this fresh in my mind for MGSV.

Is there a guide for getting all the unique POWs in PW?

Rajang

I started playing Peace Walker again on PS3 with a save from my PSP that had 44 hours in it. I never finished the game, but apparently I was like 2 or 3 missions away from the end. I'm going to beat it then start a new save file and go through it again for trophies. Then play Ground Zeroes. Then have all this fresh in my mind for MGSV.

What do you mean by unique POW's?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

Hideo Kojima
This is the only specially named staff member for this trophy. In the MAIN OPS mission Infiltrate Crater Base you'll be tasked to search various trucks at the end of the mission. Search the truck with the license plate 63284 to find and rescue Hideo Kojima.

New Voice Actor
In MAIN OPS mission Zadornov Search 1 he'll be a randomly placed POW in an area. Use Fulton recovery on him then finish the mission.

Veteran Voice Actor
In MAIN OPS mission Zadornov Search 5 he'll be the only POW in the entire area. Use Fulton recovery on him then finish the mission.

Actress
In MAIN OPS mission Travel to the Mine Base; go up the first ladder to your left. Hang off the side of the building to your left and shimmy along to the other side of the building to her. Use Fulton recovery on her then finish the mission.

Now you may be asking "why are most of these special?", in the Japanese version they were named after the VAs of the game. Dunno why Konami US was so lame and didn't localize that.

Kindekuma

Banned
AH HA IS THIS OUR CHANCE? New page.

I eagerly await for the news to flood in tomorrow.

Edit: Only 200 more pages until OT4 GUYZ

Guys I just read through all the new details leaked from last friday and over the weekend.

I can't even man. I can't. And to think we will be getting more tomorrow and throughout the week.
tumblr_m6nhnuB4gW1qlknxjo5_r1_250.gif

The wait is killing me. :(

My cousin, who lives in the same city as I do, got a picture of this truck on a road near where he lives.

10257748_10153339116106285_5974787321331468758_n.jpg

This is awesome, I never see stuff like this around where I live.

*waves* hi IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom