• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinewood

6pL9R8.jpg

Dat fandom

"Neither enemy nor friend"

The cops are totally going to pull that line for obstructing your plate.

Rajang

Great to see alot of PC gamers going to get TPP, but I highly doubt that poll is indicative of TPP sales on different platforms.

With all the talk about the PC community I was reminded of something:

• Will Windows 10 work with MGS TPP?
  • How many of you are going to get Windows 10?

RK9039

Yeah it's free so why not, and yes it will work. Or at least it should work, Win10 comes out soon and there's plenty of time left for MGSV.

Kindekuma

Banned

I never asked for this.

There's even an older poll with more than 2000 votes.

Oh and that article:

It's odd considering that many people refer to the MGS series as a PlayStation game. I suppose the prospect of mods and playing the game on higher resolutions appeals to these players the most.

Hmm. MG and MG2:SS were MSX. MGS was on PSOne and GC, MGS2 came out on PS2 and Xbox, 3 on PS2, PS3, 360, and 3DS. Peace Walker on 360, PS3, and PSP. And MGS4 is the only PS console exclusive. I don't really think MGS is a PlayStation series at all.

SyberWolf

Ground Zeroes works amazing on windows 10 preview so im sure TPP will be great too.
im upgrading to win10 day one.

Rajang

Hmm. MG and MG2:SS were MSX. MGS was on PSOne and GC, MGS2 came out on PS2 and Xbox, 3 on PS2, PS3, 360, and 3DS. Peace Walker on 360, PS3, and PSP. And MGS4 is the only PS console exclusive. I don't really think MGS is a PlayStation series at all.

MGS has always been very associated with the Playstation brand, since when have you been playing videogames? MGS has a large following in the Playstation fanbase. The vast majority of MGS' sales have been on PlayStation. MGS1 on PS1 sold 6 million copies. TTS is a non Kojima/Konami-remake and flopped on the GameCube. MGS2 sold even more than MGS1 on the PS2 alone. MGS2 Substance was later developed for Xbox and PC but flopped. MGS3 sold around 4 million copies on PS2. MGS4 almost sold 6 million and was the best selling thid party exclusive. MGS2/MGS3/PW were in the HD collection but it flopped on Xbox360. Ground Zeroes sold 4 times more on PlayStation than Xbox. The PC version did very well though, which is a great sign for TPP.

Kojima took pics of the editing keyboard he uses for twitter not long back, and the album artwork he used to upload too - I'd be very surprised if we didn't get a trailer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom