• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Doesn't seem to be much customisation for the new characters you make.

Also, seems you cannot edit them after you made them, so make sure you're happy.

Bounty mode

The logic plan they came up with in development:

Players eliminate players when tickets get low they use Fulton to top up so team stays in game. This means players have keep eye out and each lethal kill give you a mark above head that every player can see meaning no stealth so player is encouraged be non lethal.

In reality:

Everone runs around shooting everybody they also shoot people you have in choke hold. Your team is about to lose but you about Fulton a enemy to keep team in the game but all your teammates run up and shoot him in the head then complain after they lost round. Everybody has a kill bounty of +7 because fuck non lethal we got guns. Also non lethal load outs are fucked due to long range killing by rifles and shotguns.

The worst fact is the scoring system or XP system does not punish players for not actually playing the game. This means players are not encouraged to even play the game as a MGS game instead just as a third person shooter.

I said this, playing non lethal is a huge disadvantage.

Before release was obvious players would care more about K/D padding than playing the game so will steal kills on soldiers you stun/CQC before you can fulton them. Did it in MGO2 when you wanted to jab a guy you CQC held to see rest of team, but nope, headshot from some asshole teammate.

EU PS4 gaffers, how is it? Is it any lag?

Awful and lots.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Nope and at this point don't expect it to be out until the regular store update.
tumblr_ntl82q6VYW1ue7iyeo1_500.gif

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
The one game I did get into was amazing, no lag and people were actually playing semi-stealthy.

I can see this getting better and better as time goes on, oh...and once they fix auto-match and the xp loss that people are talking about re: host leaving.

mcarlie

Banned
Any recommendations on finding a match? I haven't been able to automatch nor select a game. They're always either full or don't exist anymore.

Twookie

Holy shit this game is amazing, MGO3 just boosted MGSV to a 10/10 for me.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sordid Plebeian/video/11181924

I kicked ass in my first game, too, which I guess gives me some bias towards it.

Edit: Any news on when more character customization will arrive? I though you could be female and whatnot.

you have to level up to level 6 to unlock a new slot, and then you get the option to create a woman

Any recommendations on finding a match? I haven't been able to automatch nor select a game. They're always either full or don't exist anymore.

I'm wondering aswell :( have been trying all day, not had a single game

Man I am nowhere near completing the SP mode (mission 20)...but I will likely be joining up with this fun asap. I've been staying fairly dark on details though.

1800+hrs in MGO2 seems like a good goal to beat.

Any mention of clans or anything similar yet? I know MGO took a awhile to get a lot of it awesomeness. In addition to allowing people to learn to play the game properly. I'm sad to see SNE is gone....there has to be a way to use
Optic Camo
as a new means of executing this mode...but still...I can't freaking wait..

Edit:

Ooo oo I have been meaning to ask too...is there keyboard support for text chat..? I just want my <SONG> back dangit!

you have to level up to level 6 to unlock a new slot, and then you get the option to create a woman
The fact that you have to unlock the ability to create a woman is baffling...but good info to know going in. Thanks.

Man I am nowhere near completing the SP mode (mission 20)...but I will likely be joining up with this fun asap. I've been staying fairly dark on details though.

1800+hrs in MGO2 seems like a good goal to beat.

Any mention of clans or anything similar yet? I know MGO took a awhile to get a lot of it awesomeness. In addition to allowing people to learn to play the game properly. I'm sad to see SNE is gone....there has to be a way to use
Optic Camo
as a new means of executing this mode...but still...I can't freaking wait..

1800 hours???? Goddamn. Thats 150 days if you played for 12 hours a day

Icefire1424

In reality:

Everone runs around shooting everybody they also shoot people you have in choke hold. Your team is about to lose but you about Fulton a enemy to keep team in the game but all your teammates run up and shoot him in the head then complain after they lost round. Everybody has a kill bounty of +7 because fuck non lethal we got guns. Also non lethal load outs are fucked due to long range killing by rifles and shotguns.

The worst fact is the scoring system or XP system does not punish players for not actually playing the game. This means players are not encouraged to even play the game as a MGS game instead just as a third person shooter.

I suspect the occurrences of this will reduce once teams start playing as well...teams. This will always happen on causal games, yes, but I remember being amazed how much better teams that were coordinated played than everybody else.

rrc1594

To anyone on Xbox

GT L Hobokiller L

Always looking for a squad to play with. I doubt with have enough for a community, but we can still have a small group.

Complaining about online players not playing a game the "proper" way is as old as online gaming itself. The more tactical the game, the worse the experience will likely be with strangers. Play with those you can trust. Not trying to downplay your issues, and I know I'm not saying anything new, but thought I'd share anyway.

See you guys online once NA PSN decides it wants in.

THe stealth mode is a pile of shit, you can easy see the stealth team and when you try CQC as stealther, the laggy assplayers shoot you even though you grabbed them.

Diablos54

Hey Diablos, remember me nailing you with that amazing headshot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdjtHYnHyOI

C7Obk2m.gif
Haha how could I forget? I was not happy! We were convinced you had NVG's on lol

I suspect the occurrences of this will reduce once teams start playing as well...teams. This will always happen on causal games, yes, but I remember being amazed how much better teams that were coordinated played than everybody else.
ive only played with GAF so far and felt we sorta played as a decent team lol. Communication will do along way to helping teams play as an actual team.

Still waiting for the NA store to update. :[

So your first character's just your avatar I take it. Can you change classes after making a character?

Also what's the levels tied to, your id or individual characters?

Twookie

Still waiting for the NA store to update. :[

So your first character's just your avatar I take it. Can you change classes after making a character?

Also what's the levels tied to, your id or individual characters?

it's tied to each character yeah

I'm not sure if you can switch classes after creating a character, but I think I've heard you can't

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Are stats for individual characters or are they totals across characters? Anyone know?

Yea. I had a problem. Was over the entirety of MGO2 (four years) but still....I played it way, way, waaaayyyyyy too much,

We must have clashed at some point :)

One of my characters was a total non-lethal character called 'I'm No K!ller'. Not sure how many hours I played with her, but I got 20,000+ stuns and zero kills. Considering going that route again. So much fun thinking up ways to fuck people over.

Kalor

I think non lethal is the way to go. It feels a lot more satisfying when you fulton someone against a bunch of gunfire. Noone has tried to kill the people I've stunned either so that's cool.

The rock version of Sunnys Theme is pretty good.

Icefire1424

ive only played with GAF so far and felt we sorta played as a decent team lol. Communication will do along way to helping teams play as an actual team.

Yes! Honestly that's what I'm hoping for here. A PMC force made up entirely of gaffers, the mere name of which strikes fear into the hearts of our foes. A group of soldiers talented, battle tested and trained to perfection, functioning as a cohesive unit and capable of defeating any threat.

I salute you, our yet unnamed force of brothers.

Top Bottom