• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

DeaviL

Banned
Yes! Honestly that's what I'm hoping for here. A PMC force made up entirely of gaffers, the mere name of which strikes fear into the hearts of our foes. A group of soldiers talented, battle tested and trained to perfection, functioning as a cohesive unit and capable of defeating any threat.

I salute you, our yet unnamed force of brothers.

D-GAF

//ARCANUM

nice thank you! i just set it to download to my ps4 (i'm at work).

i currently have MGSV suspended on my ps4 at home right now though... that won't cause any issues will it?

NeoGiff

Yes! Honestly that's what I'm hoping for here. A PMC force made up entirely of gaffers, the mere name of which strikes fear into the hearts of our foes. A group of soldiers talented, battle tested and trained to perfection, functioning as a cohesive unit and capable of defeating any threat.

KwYyVYQ.jpg

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

You have my Wu Pistol.

Ourobolus

Banned
Downloading now. The end of work can't come soon enough.

Can someone explain to me the whole Level 6/character slot thing? Apparently you get to make one character and then you have to wait until you get them the Lv 6 in order to make a different one?

Can someone explain to me the whole Level 6/character slot thing? Apparently you get to make one character and then you have to wait until you get them the Lv 6 in order to make a different one?
You can only use the character you made for single player at first, then you unlock a second slot

NeoGiff

Your first MGO character is the avatar you created at the start of MGSV. You still get to choose his class. Once you reach level 6, you can create two more characters for free.

We must have clashed at some point :)

One of my characters was a total non-lethal character called 'I'm No K!ller'. Not sure how many hours I played with her, but I got 20,000+ stuns and zero kills. Considering going that route again. So much fun thinking up ways to fuck people over.
I can almost guarantee we did. Every single night I was on for hours. Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I was on for Tournaments. Every Survival night I was on. No less than 4 hours at a time. Before those, just one with general shenanigans all the time. I met some great people on there....but anyway...good LAWD on those stats, outstanding work. I loved setting traps all over the map, that was my main form of screwing with people. SG mines, mags cleverly placed in the geometry, oil drumming people....so good. I just may go through my old vids I took off my cell phone to see if I have any score boards with you on there.

Edit:

Also, NeoGiff I'm going to send you a FR. My PSN is BaronVonBeans...I wouldn't mind being a part of the GAF PMC...though I may just try to join up with my old clan - T.E.M.P.

Icefire1424

Thoughts on getting the OP to update the OT with group names and members for all the consoles out there? Thread is moving along pretty fast - might be a good place to document who is playing where to make forming groups a bit easier.

Edit: IceFire1424 on the PS4, for the record.

NeoGiff

Do they each have stats or do they collate them across all the slots?

They each have their own stats. Ideally, you should use one slot for each of the three classes. I'd recommend switching out often, too. I didn't and now my scout is at level 13 while I still haven't used the other two... and it's hard to go back.

Also, NeoGiff I'm going to send you a FR. My PSN is BaronVonBeans...I wouldn't mind being a part of the GAF PMC...though I may just try to join up with my old clan - T.E.M.P.

Cool. I'm not online at the moment but the community was over 60 strong last time I checked.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I can almost guarantee we did. Every single night I was on for hours. Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I was on for Tournaments. Every Survival night I was on. No less than 4 hours at a time. Before those, just one with general shenanigans all the time. I met some great people on there....but anyway...good LAWD on those stats, outstanding work. I loved setting traps all over the map, that was my main form of screwing with people. SG mines, mags cleverly placed in the geometry, oil drumming people....so good. I just may go through my old vids I took off my cell phone to see if I have any score boards with you on there.

Good lord, man. I thought I played a lot :D You must've been a box-popping don. Did you play MGO1 too...?

Favourite non-lethal tactic: CQC knock out. Take their gun. Drop gun near corner. Place SG in such a way they can't see it when they run to get their gun back. Hide in box giggling like a school girl and wait for results. Rinse and repeat.

Honestly, people would fall for that shit multiple times in one sitting.

Amazing! Be mad if you did. It's either that one or old:BOY.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
They each have their own stats. Ideally, you should use one slot for each of the three classes. I'd recommend switching out often, too. I didn't and now my scout is at level 13 while I still haven't used the other two... and it's hard to go back.

Thanks. Great news. Guess I'm gonna have another totally non-lethal character again.

Walpurgis

Banned
Two questions:

1. Can I play this without starting MGSV or will I be spoiled?

2. Does this have server browsers?

Please respond.

Twookie

Two questions:

1. Can I play this without starting MGSV or will I be spoiled?

2. Does this have server browsers?

Please respond.

1. You have to do the first mission in the game before starting, I'm pretty sure you won't be spoiled.

2. It does, kinda

Vanguard

Just saw when customising the look of your character, each item/clothing has a colours option with Square (I assume X on Xbox?), then I saw the prices of those to unlock as well... geez.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Chapter 3 lol

So pumped. Finally something to dethrone TLOU multilayer on my tv. Will take a destiny break to prefect that infiterator class.

RS4-

Just saw when customising the look of your character, each item/clothing has a colours option with Square (I assume X on Xbox?), then I saw the prices of those to unlock as well... geez.

Lol yeah, I saw 500MB for the gold, thought that was available to me since I saw the !

Well that's rather shit. Finally find a match, and during the load "you've been disconnected"

Vanguard

What are we talking here?

The prices? They seem to start as low as 50 GP, but most seem to be 300 GP with some at 1000GP. It depends on the piece of clothing how much it ranges, your main piece of clothing being the most expensive.

Then as RS4- said there are some MB only colours, there's gold for 500 MB coins and silver for 300 MB coins on the smaller items and 1000 MB coins for gold and 500 MB coins for silver for your main piece of clothing. There are also other MB only colours that are about 200 MB.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
500 GP to simply change the colour of your outfit. To put that into perspective, you usually get 10GP or 20GP after each game.

The prices? They seem to start as low as 50 GP, but most seem to be 300 GP with some at 1000GP. It depends on the piece of clothing how much it ranges, your main piece of clothing being the most expensive.

Then as RS4- said there are some MB only colours, there's gold for 500 MB coins and silver for 300 MB coins on the smaller items and 1000 MB coins for gold and 500 MB coins for silver for your main piece of clothing. There are also other MB only colours that are about 200 MB.

Instead of DP like last time you have GP unlike last game it increases at a snail pace. Most unlocks are 500GP + so don't expect be customising your character anytime soon.

tumblr_mx079yiPbY1rzik3go1_250.gif

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Is matchmaking working for you guys?

Game is not finding any match for me. (PS4, EU)

Kei-

So I downloaded the add-on from the link to the US store, installed it on my PS4. I then get on the game it prompts me to download the add-on, but then I click on it and it says it cannot be downloaded at this time. When I get to the menu, I click MGO and it says I need the add-on...which I already have. What do I do?

Is there any way to delete add-ons specifically so I can try to download it from the in game prompt?

Edit: Had to delete my game data with the add-on and then I was able to use the in game prompt.

Hystzen

Huh according to to tutorial messages the auto matching option gives you more GP no wonder that shit is broken and doesn't work.

Mike Golf

So I downloaded the add-on from the link to the US store, installed it on my PS4. I then get on the game it prompts me to download the add-on, but then I click on it and it says it cannot be downloaded at this time. When I get to the menu, I click MGO and it says I need the add-on...which I already have. What do I do?

Is there any way to delete add-ons specifically so I can try to download it from the in game prompt?

Same problem; start menu has MGO and when I select it it tells me I have to have the latest patch installed, which I do, then go the PSN Store and download the Metal Gear Online Game Data except for me the game data doesn't exist on the PSN. What am I missing and why is this so stupid complicated? Why didn't the "Game Data" just come with the patch?

Vanguard

So to unlock every colour for the Enforcers main clothing (BDU?) it will cost you:

25,400 GP and 2,100 MB coins (Give or take a few hundred). Turns out there was a 10,000 and a 2000 GP colour option in there too...

That's if you want every colour, for one piece of clothing. Good thing there's a preview...

edit: Just saw the Tactical Vest with the same colour option as the 10,000 GP one on your main clothes, for 30,000 GP...

When unlocking gear, if another class has that item too I think it unlocks for them as well, would assume same for colours of the same item but still :\

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
What the hell is going on, I can't join anything, manual or auto.

Top Bottom