• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Ce-Lin

this is Invisible Metal Gears of War Online 3 ! what a chaotic gameplay, guess we will iron things out in private rooms, but so far "public play" is beyond hilarious and buggy. No servers and relying on hosts with all the kids downloading stuff over WiFi connections is a big issue.

NeoGiff

Don't be afraid to keep throwing your marking grenades (if you have them). They're invaluable. You spawn with 5 and they replenish every time you respawn.

Twookie

How does it work? Can I select the server that I want to play from a list?

yes, although there is a lot of problems right now so that the game you want to join will most likely end up in an error message stating that the server is full or that the server don't exist

these issues will surely be fixed later

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Nope, I got no time for this shit...going back to the game.
Cya guys in few months lol

lol I stole the disc and won the match in the Sneak game so host kicked me.

Seriously though, putting kick ability in the hands of salty manchildren? Why Konami?

Good lord, man. I thought I played a lot :D You must've been a box-popping don. Did you play MGO1 too...?

Favourite non-lethal tactic: CQC knock out. Take their gun. Drop gun near corner. Place SG in such a way they can't see it when they run to get their gun back. Hide in box giggling like a school girl and wait for results. Rinse and repeat.

Honestly, people would fall for that shit multiple times in one sitting.

Amazing! Be mad if you did. It's either that one or old:BOY.
I wasn't a fan of box popping, I just liked to use the box :D similarly to your own devilishly hilarious story. Well done, that's some outstanding work. I started with MGO2, and fell for the game pretty hard. Some might say soulmates.

But uh...speaking of your story and the box..anyone know if there are there boxes in 3? I doubt any kind of keyboard support is in it, either...
Played my first game. Got shot through a building no problem at all.
Sounds like good ol times..

Recall

The NeoGAF Salute Squad - PSN is RecallBerserk

Let's all be buddies and salute our way to victory as one happy team.

RK9039

Played a few hours, no idea why I thought I wouldn't be disappointed. I think I was expecting a bit much because of MGO2, I should have remembered that this is MGSV after all.

Can't seem to get into a match with the auto feature.

Try Select/Custom match with passwords off. You might need to press R1 a few times to flick pages until you get in a game.

lol I stole the disc and won the match in the Sneak game so host kicked me.

Seriously though, putting kick ability in the hands of salty manchildren? Why Konami?

Wait for real? Well that kind of defeats the point of even making any multiplayer for it. Not gonna waste my time downloading it now. I know Konami being Konami, but that's just downright ridiculous. How the hell are you supposed to have a good match when the losing team can just start booting people if they have the host?

Twookie

Wait for real? Well that kind of defeats the point of even making any multiplayer for it. Not gonna waste my time downloading it now. I know Konami being Konami, but that's just downright ridiculous. How the hell are you supposed to have a good match when the losing team can just start booting people if they have the host?

you lose the experience gained in that match too
facepalm.gif

10 seconds on Bounty Hunter clock, enemy have 15 lives, we have 8. I knockout a guy with a +9 bounty, fulton him...
....and a teammate decides to killsteal him, killing him before the fulton launches upwards.

Dogshit gameplay design.

13randO

10 seconds on Bounty Hunter clock, enemy have 15 lives, we have 8. I knockout a guy with a +9 bounty, fulton him...
....and a teammate decides to killsteal him, killing him before the fulton launches upwards.

Dogshit gameplay design.

Is that dude stupid?

rrc1594

Dogshit gameplay design.

Wow I wish I had a picture of your face

So I finished my first round. Got a Fulton. A few marks. Ended top of the round with 1300 points.

After the scoreboard the host disconnected and I return to the free play area with NO POINTS.

What a complete joke.

Is that dude stupid?

No, he likely knew fully well what he was doing, but greedy pricks will take +1 to K/D stats over a game win.

MGO2 was the same, you'd CQC hold someone, ready to stick them with syringe and reveal where his team are and some asshole would headshot killsteal him out of your hold.

Players in general are tossers.

Icefire1424

you lose the experience gained in that match too
facepalm.gif

Oh wow. Yeah I'm gonna wait and see if they get around to doing any updates for it I think. I can see a lot of frustration coming my way if I were to try get into it as is. Honestly I'll be surprised if they actually do anything that isn't in some way capable of raking in some cash though, so I'm not holding out my hopes for an update.

Leunam

Don't know how the browser works but if you guys can search by PSN ID, then Leunam23 has a room set up with no one in it on PS4.

Alienous

I'm not digging the class system.

It doesn't seem important enough for how much it limits the way I can play with any one character. So far I have just the one, and I'm stuck with Assault Rifles, LMGS and high-calibre pistols. It seems like the game would be better of classifying you based on your loadout, rather than giving you weapons based on a loadout, sort of like Call of Duty does with the skins; you have a Sniper, you're a Scout.

Icefire1424

That ain't gonna work out.

Keep me honest here - in MGO2, didn't they later patch it so that if the host dropped, it automatically migrated to a new one? Might have been a differnt game I'm thinking of, but almost sure it was MGO.

/hinthint.

Wow I wish I had a picture of your face

It was probably something along the lines of the disappointed Jaguars fan gif.

Also, what are the thoughts on putting together a quick FAQ with some of the really popular questions floating around to put in the OP?

Hystzen

Huh that's a new one my buddy decided to let me be choked out and killed before grabbing the enemy himself. He was literally behind me and was even looking at me but hey points > team right

Top Bottom