• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

so can you just host games to avoid ragequitters? i want to jump in tomorrow. pretty mixed impressions so far. i loved the sneak modes in MGO2. this one is more shooting so far because people are random?

Neku054

Neo Member
So.. i may have missed this somewhere, but how exactly do you go about switching/picking Buddies? im glad matches start out with an auto assigned one but sometimes i would like to change it

Red Alchemist

Neo Member
So.. i may have missed this somewhere, but how exactly do you go about switching/picking Buddies? im glad matches start out with an auto assigned one but sometimes i would like to change it

Hold R3 to Salute, if someone else salutes to you back then you become Buddies with them

Could one of you guys detail what the music selection is please? Does it offer a selection from all the games?

I know MG1 music is there. It was in the presentation preview.

It's hard to say because they don't have the song names just names such as MG1 set, MG2, MGS1 Set etc. From what I can tell though the set is pretty much the sneaking and alert theme from each metal gear.

Heres the names that you can pick:
MG1 set, MG2 set, MGS set, MGS 2 Plant set, MGS 2 Tanker set, MGS 3 Indoor set, MGS3 Outdoor set, MGO(MGS3) set, MPO set, MGS 4 Haven set,
MGS4 Shadow Moses set, MGS 4 Eastern Europe set, MGS4 South America set, MGS4 Middle East set, MGO(MGS4) set 1, MGO(MGS4) set 2, MGS PW Indoor set,
MGS PW Outdoor set, MGR set, MGSV GZ set, MGSV TPP FOB set, MGSV TPP Africa set, MGSV TPP Afghanistan set, MGSV TPP Cyprus set,
Original set 1, Original set 2, Original set 3.

Sadly there isn't anything from ZOE or snatcher included, not yet anyway.

I only got to play two proper matches so far and boy do I suck at this game lol. Still won one of the matches some how and I CQC'ed and Fulton'ed Ocelot so I'm satisfied.

Danny 117

How do you get to play as Ocelot/Venom Snake? Haven't seen the option yet and I've played a lot of Cloak and Dagger and Bounty Hunter.

Is the end match stats screen doped up for everyone? Before I even get a chance to see what I've unlocked, or even before I get a chance to quit it goes to the next screen even though the timer isn't anywhere near finishing the countdown.

There has to be a way quit out of the lobby outside of that one short stats page....

Red Alchemist

Neo Member
Is the end match stats screen doped up for everyone? Before I even get a chance to see what I've unlocked, or even before I get a chance to quit it goes to the next screen even though the timer isn't anywhere near finishing the countdown.

There has to be a way quit out of the lobby outside of that one short stats page....

Hold the left side of the touchpad down (what you use to get the scoreboard) and a menu should appear allowing you to abandon the match

MrS

Banned
Can't say I enjoyed what I've played so far. There's nothing tactical, or fun, about everybody running around a map CQCing each other. D-Walker is OP too. Don't really like any of the modes either.

shinn623

Looking to get an invite into outer-gaf. My info is below. Unfortunately none of my friends are in the group so it is not showing up under the friend's communities. Thanks ahead of time.

PSN:
Heaven-Assassin1

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It's hard to say because they don't have the song names just names such as MG1 set, MG2, MGS1 Set etc. From what I can tell though the set is pretty much the sneaking and alert theme from each metal gear.

Heres the names that you can pick:
MG1 set, MG2 set, MGS set, MGS 2 Plant set, MGS 2 Tanker set, MGS 3 Indoor set, MGS3 Outdoor set, MGO(MGS3) set, MPO set, MGS 4 Haven set,
MGS4 Shadow Moses set, MGS 4 Eastern Europe set, MGS4 South America set, MGS4 Middle East set, MGO(MGS4) set 1, MGO(MGS4) set 2, MGS PW Indoor set,
MGS PW Outdoor set, MGR set, MGSV GZ set, MGSV TPP FOB set, MGSV TPP Africa set, MGSV TPP Afghanistan set, MGSV TPP Cyprus set,
Original set 1, Original set 2, Original set 3.

Sadly there isn't anything from ZOE or snatcher included, not yet anyway.

Thank you so much. Very appreciated.

My method quits the match, sorry. I don't know how you can go back to the pre-game lobby or if you even can

Well I don't want to go back to the pre-game lobby. I just want to be able to quit from the pre-game lobby.

Aside from your method, the only option I found to quit was during the stats page that's hows up for a few seconds post match. But if it doesn't work from the lobby then I'll just start quitting at the start of matches.

Reule

I was just about to post about this. I have US PS4 ordered from Amazon. The Online only DLC (Metal Gear Rex Helmet, AM MRS-4 GOLD Assault Rifle, WU S. PISTOL GOLD) and XP Bonus has not been added.
Yup. Anyone with NA CE try anything? I might reach out to Target tomorrow but I'm sure they'll just tell me to contact Konami.

watership

Menu structure UI / in this game was bad enough, but now it's hellish. Showed this to my friend from boot. 10 button clicks just to get past all the messages, moving from TPP to Online is hugely annoying. I want to slap whomever was in charge.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
35 enemies marked in one round lol.

Hiding and marking enemies and engaging no one is literally my ideal online game mode.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Any gaf games going on?

Haven't really read much about this...so how's the verdict for MGO? Most people having fun?

Is one of those games where it starts off awful because of bad netcode, matchmaking, noobs and other things. As the noobs leave or learn it'll get slightly better, then as the playbase moves on to better games it'll turn dogshit as the bad netcode etc now has fewer good connection players to match you with, making the bad ones unbearable.

So I have seen it.

Demoskinos

Had some MB coins floating around from all the daily log in stuff so I bought this snake skin camo which I think looks hella rad.
CQq9byiUYAAgyss.png

CrovaxPSO

First game I get is Cloak and Dagger, I knock out two defenders and steal the disk, host disconnects immediately after round ends. Yeah, can't see myself playing much of this if they don't address that.

213372bu

Banned
Sometimes the lag in certain matches is shitty, and I don't know why the fuck they couldn't just use dedicated servers the cloud to host games. D-walkers and cqcers with bad connections always end up being the most annoying.

That said... this game is pretty tense. I can see myself playing this for a while. Was expecting more items for customization, but there are some pretty cool things, and lots of things like being able to change into various camos from in the game + brand-new is something that I'm probably going to grind for. Universal customization purchases are also pretty rad.

The game isn't the most balanced or doesn't have the best netcode, but when things get going (80% of the time) the game is an absolute blast.

Nice little touches like the Music sets having custom sound effects for round start and end are cool as well. MGR and MPO are great!

Overall, really like it, despite some issues that can be infuriating at brief moments.

Top Bottom