• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

I'm trying to expand my regular MB and I can't because Konami's servers refuse to stay online and without them I can't access the rest of my fuel resources and the vast majority of my GMP so I cannot expand my MB.

This is such a fucking low one. They want to make sure you are online now but this is such a filthy one. Now my enjoyment of the game is going to be severely affected because I cannot connect to Konami's useless servers.

My progress is being halted because my game cannot connect online. #FUCKONAMI

Alright fuck it I can't find the communities and its a half baked feature anyway. Quote me if you want to play I'll add you to the lobby.

I just won a fuckton of cs go skines and I'm considering selling them all to buy PS4 just to play MGO early.

I'm already 80% on the PC version and literally nothing else interests me on the PS4, but man MGO2 was the the shit. Can someone talk me out of it or convince me? :p

Can't wait until people learn how to play team sneak. Can't go for more than 5-10 seconds without losing camo because someones running around carelessly.

Edzi

Got some questions before I start up tonight:

1) I've heard you can unlock a second and third character slot after reaching level 6, but I was wondering if we could customize their appearance at any time like we can with our main game avatar? We're stuck with the class we pick though, right?

2) and speaking of classes, what are the current feelings concerning each of them? Are there any that are clearly useless? Also, which class will allow me to use assault rifles? I was considering a Scout since it seems to be promoted as the "average" class, but from what I saw in the MGO video is looks like the Scout is a purely long range/sniper class.

3) How does this compare to MGO1?

RK9039

Can't wait until people learn how to play team sneak. Can't go for more than 5-10 seconds without losing camo because someones running around carelessly.

Yeah it's really funny. I just hang in the spawn for awhile and let all the newbies die. I can't blame them really, they don't know how TSNE works yet. It's so easy not to get caught this time, we don't have the knife from MGO2 that constantly gives us away.

Demoskinos

CQrCdWwVEAAFVoH.png:large

Yup. Anyone with NA CE try anything? I might reach out to Target tomorrow but I'm sure they'll just tell me to contact Konami.

I spoke to an amazon rep. First they provided the same code as emailed, I tried using it again just for good measure and it didn't add anything. I made it super clear what was provided was for single player content. The multiplayer content is missing. Rep said she'd forward it to the Video game team and they'll email me the correct code in 24/48 hours. So let's see.

Vanguard

Hmm, thinking that there should be a 10 second or so, maybe less time period to allow the attacking team in cloak and dagger to sneak away from spawn. So easy for defenders to just rush their spawn and wipe a lot of them out.

Spinluck

This has been hugely disappointing.

All this bits of fun and brilliance are marred garbage ass balance, broken mechanics, spotty netcode, shit maps (the maps would be a lot better if running and gunning was easily published), lack of decent modes, and it's unbearable without friends.

It's just another run and gun, with laggy CQC choke holds, with a crappy walker vehicle.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Soooo... I've yet to unwrap my copy of MGS V, since I've yet to play GZ (also wanted to finally beat MG3+PW before that but we'll see), but as far as playing the game well does the "campaign" have proper tutorial missions where you learn all the crazy fun shit you can do with BB and are introduced to new gadgets/weapons/gameplay mechanics or, as usual with MGS games, you're on your own and the sky's the limit as far as things you'd never dream of are indeed possible (cue that MGS3 video)? If so, is there a good YT "tutorial" to watch that you guys could link me to? Would really appreciate it.

I don't want to hop in MGO and play it the boring/shitty way.

Reule

I spoke to an amazon rep. First they provided the same code as emailed, I tried using it again just for good measure and it didn't add anything. I made it super clear what was provided was for single player content. The multiplayer content is missing. Rep said she'd forward it to the Video game team and they'll email me the correct code in 24/48 hours. So let's see.
Thanks for getting a hold of them, keep us updated. We really should be getting the content we paid for considering our CE was already kind of lackluster.

Renewed

I was looking into why my MGO DLC wasn't up (on PS4) and I decided to see if Konami mentioned anything via social media before going to support lines.

Found this tweet.

Konami Twitter said:
In response to: Hey @Konami, I used my MGSV:CE code at launch, but I don't have my DLC for MGO. What's the deal? I'm gonna keep asking until you answer.

Is it Playstation? If yes, then Sony has not rolled it out yet. If no, then contact http://konami.com/support for help!

If it turns out to be fine within a day then I guess I don't have to worry. Although I bought my CE from a retailer so I have to find out how to resolve it if the DLC doesn't just go up.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This game, it's good, it's damn good. Interrogating, fultoning. Man.

But joining a random match always tells me that I've been disconnected. It's pissing me off.

solidarity

Neo Member
I was looking into why my MGO DLC wasn't up (on PS4) and I decided to see if Konami mentioned anything via social media before going to support lines.

Found this tweet.

If it turns out to be fine within a day then I guess I don't have to worry. Although I bought my CE from a retailer so I have to find out how to resolve it if the DLC doesn't just go up.

great to see that. Hopefully it'll be rolled out soon.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
That was a lot of fun. Definitely got MGO vibes playing.

Shame I my fat fingers couldn't work out how to join some Gaffers. Perhaps tomorrow.

Vanguard

So me and a friend decide that we should hide in boxes at a disc location and see if we can surprise an attacker... forgot my box as I unequipped it at loadout so had to share his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7_7yc4NjOQ

Honestly didn't think this would work at all (I think they may have just caught on, but too late), because it's a box! So much fun! Then my friend tried to fulton him indoors which obviously didn't work, followed by shouting in party chat of "KILL HIM! KILL HIM! KILL HIM!" etc hahaha

Juxo

Damn my team was filled with morons. Here I'm trying to fulton folks with a +8 bounty and they go ahead and kill him.

I've noticed this too. During one game I was stunned while having a bounty of 3 and while I was down, a third player on the enemy team stole the guy's kill and headshot me. Made me laugh. Also made me realize a lot of people still think every online game is cod.

I've been enjoying it so far, but the real challenge is getting into a match. Hopefully the next patch doesn't take too long. They should have had a beta test.

This is the beta :(

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Sigh.

Can't stay in a match for longer than a minute.

Takes forever to find one too.

Top Bottom