• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

The average player is too impatient to play Cloak and Dagger right now. Hopefully it will improve.

I was the last guy left on the attacking side and ended up taking out 3 defenders before the last one got me while I was slitting his friend's throat. Definitely intense and reminds me of Spies vs. Mercs from Splinter Cell in terms of having to use cooperation and the stealth camo to your advantage.

My tactic is to run into the enemy base ASAP before my teammates blow my cloak at a bad moment.

Then as the shit kicks off I grab the disc and leg it.

I think a 6 v 6 co-ordinated GAF match would be fun to play, but I think I've experienced most of what MGO has to offer.

Yea... The game is good but not as good as MGO2. It's unfortunate that they choose a more "action" gameplay.
But we can expect some update (new game mode would be nice)

Which one of you fuckers dont hit ready!!?

Also

Which one of you fuckers set the briefing timers longer than 1min.!??

I sat through a 7minute long briefing time cause people were not hitting ready!

AaaaaaaaaaaaAaAa

Other than that pretty awesome.

Voidwolf

They will own you 1 on 1, but if you can throw a couple nades, any kind, you'll either blow it up or knockout the driver.

As people level up they'll get better tools for dealing with them too.
Yeah I'm sure you're right about that, it's just frustrating.

Anyone know how to change your loadout once a match has begun?

Alienous

The map design is weird.

Their size, nooks and crannies, and lack of arena like design only really benefit Cloak and Dagger.

I'll have to play more of the Rush map variants to get a sense of if that improves the flow of modes like Bounty Hunter.

Yeah I'm sure you're right about that, it's just frustrating.

Anyone know how to change your loadout once a match has begun?

R1, or your console equivalent, at the respawn screen?

Basketball

Unzip for Tactical Advantage

mEzcgaT.gif

TheBoss1

Idk if it's been said but I was able to download MGO3 when I searched for it but it only came up when I searched for "metal gear solid" and selected TPP.

US btw

I have NAT Type 2 on my PS4 and all ports opened.

My friends can play together but I can't
The game always tells me some network issue has occurred.

Anyone has an idea?

Red Alchemist

Neo Member
So how do I update my game to have MGO3? I'm on PS4.

No time to play right now. I just want to make a waifu.

Go to the PS store and download the dlc Metal gear online, you can't make a character till you hit level 6 though

Also is CQC countering a thing? I swear I've both been countered and countered someone else's CQC

Fupri

Banned
My favourite mode so far is Cloak & Dagger. But, not many people are playing it. Just like COD when people only play the first option.. (TDM)

squadr0n

So what's the general consensus on MGO3 on Gaf, is it worth buying the game for someone that loved MGO1? I haven't had a chance to download the update and was wondering if I should pick up a copy for a friend. Is this a mode that will keep the hardcore coming back? Kind of worried the LA studio wouldn't understand what made the first 2 so fun.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So I'm guessing if I have a PAL copy in NA I'm SOL to download the game data huh?

Durden77

Uggggghh Comcast has royally fucked me and now I won't have internet for a week. Of course on the day this launches.

How is it? Wonderful? Marvelous? Beautiful?

Warablo

So is there anyway to change your name or class after it's been selected? So far the first character you make you can't, but what about the other two?

Alienous

How the hell do I switch back to SP? Do I gave to quit all the way out of TPP?

Hold the left side of the touchpad, and the screen will give you an option.

It basically boots The Phantom Pain up from the beginning, so quitting the game and starting it doesn't actually take much longer.

Alienous

So is there anyway to change your name or class after it's been selected? So far the first character you make you can't, but what about the other two?

You can't change your class.

I believe you can change your name through The Phantom Pain, where you customize your avatar.

So I'm guessing if I have a PAL copy in NA I'm SOL to download the game data huh?

You can't download the game data from the NAEuropean store?

Nucks

Neo Member
Man, having teammates shoot people you're interrogating or fultoning so they can get a kill is so fucking annoying... Other than that i've really been enjoying this so far.

Top Bottom