• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

shinn623

This party system is broken... can't tell if I am doing something wrong.

I haven't had any trouble all day with joining games with a party. Curious, everyone is in a party (xmb), and other then the host all other players have readied up (click left touchpad, click right touch pad to ready up), correct? The host then finds a game either by auto or select match (while other players remain on the ready screen) and if there is enough room everyone gets in, if not then only some of the party get in.

I've done this at least 10 times today, and only did not get into a match when it was full.

Mike Golf

Haven't been experiencing many host quits, I think maybe just once in all my time playing today. My buddy in freind chat playing at the same time was though. Would be great if they patched in an auto host-migration when the current one quits. MGO2 let you choose who the next one would be at least. Overall I'm having a blast, did a supercut-esque video with commentary if anyone wants to check it out. It's a bit lengthy at just under 30 minutes but I don't suck too much, did pretty decent for day 1.

http://youtu.be/TknD93C3k4g

Alo0oy

Banned
Why are there only 5 hair options for female avatars?

& I didn't realize you couldn't edit them at all, what year is this?

demolitio

Every negative opinion I have gets put on the backburner when I play Cloak and Dagger. It's like a mix of SOCOM and Spies vs. Mercs from Splinter Cell which are two of my favorite MP games ever. I think it'd be amazing in a dedicated squad considering what I've done with a few randoms so far.

The one match, I team up with this guy on the attacking side, and we just slowly approached a flank and kind of waited until our idiotic teammates died so our stealth camo didn't go out at a bad time, and then we made our move slowly advancing one by one to cover each other. We get to the area where the disc is, and I go upstairs to capture a guy and interrogate him while he kills the guy downstairs. Then we take the disc and bolted towards the goal since the interrogation showed everyone was either by the other goal or coming back to investigate what happened to their teammates. Easy win when it was 2v6 I believe.

There's some fun to be had for sure.

I've spent the last 20 minutes just trying to enter a random game, and the 3 times it looked like it was going to join one...it ends up saying i was disconnected from the session -_-

Every negative opinion I have gets put on the backburner when I play Cloak and Dagger. It's like a mix of SOCOM and Spies vs. Mercs from Splinter Cell which are two of my favorite MP games ever. I think it'd be amazing in a dedicated squad considering what I've done with a few randoms so far.

The one match, I team up with this guy on the attacking side, and we just slowly approached a flank and kind of waited until our idiotic teammates died so our stealth camo didn't go out at a bad time, and then we made our move slowly advancing one by one to cover each other. We get to the area where the disc is, and I go upstairs to capture a guy and interrogate him while he kills the guy downstairs. Then we take the disc and bolted towards the goal since the interrogation showed everyone was either by the other goal or coming back to investigate what happened to their teammates. Easy win when it was 2v6 I believe.

There's some fun to be had for sure.

Yeah once people get a feel of the multiplayer mechanics, MGO will be amazing.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Damn, just realized that I don't know where my mic is.

Not sure how this works but I'm assuming if I start searching for a game you'll be able to join?

A shame there's no text chat.

Seems that's how it will work. "a party allow others to easily join the same match as the party leader. Members ready will automatically join any match the host enters or creates. Return to the party screen to join the match that the party leader has already entered.

Betty

Banned
I've spent the last 20 minutes just trying to enter a random game, and the 3 times it looked like it was going to join one...it ends up saying i was disconnected from the session -_-

Try selecting a match, cycle a few pages right and find games that way, works every time for me

Seems that's how it will work. "a party allow others to easily join the same match as the party leader. Members ready will automatically join any match the host enters or creates. Return to the party screen to join the match that the party leader has already entered.

Alright, I'll try searching for a Bounty Hunter match just to get things rolling.

-Deimos

It hurts, seeing everyone here playing MGO, and meanwhile I'm just sitting here, staring at my PC and Xbox One, thinking, "maybe I made the wrong choice".

i-know-that-feel-brother_o_1524217.jpg

I'm on PC too :(

sappyday

How do you choose a female avatar? In the regular game I can only still make a male and in MGO I can only customize the clothes of my TPP character.

How do you choose a female avatar? In the regular game I can only still make a male and in MGO I can only customize the clothes of my TPP character.
The option for a female avatar is only for your second and third character you get the new character slot when you reach level six.
Edit beaten.

dadjumper

I spent 4 hours downloading the MGO data on my NZ PSN account today only to find I need to re-do it on my JP PSN account since I have a JP copy... why this isn't universal I do not know

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
fifty points away from being able to afford an upgrade and host quits 3 tickets from the end of the game at round 2. C'mon son.

Kei-

So on PS4 it seems the only way to search for a match together is to be in a party chat, and the host of the party chat is the host of the game party....I found myself in a situation a few minutes ago where 4 friends and myself were in a party chat, but only 2 of us were on MGO, and neither of us was the host of the PS4 party chat. This meant there was no way for us to match make together. Only way we were able to play together was by having one of us join a match and then either giving the other the same parameters to search, or inviting them from the ready up menu.

This is a really weird way to handle parties. Is it the same way on the Xbox?

Xater

I like how MGO plays but everything around that experience is garbage. How can this be a MP experience designed in the year 2015?

I was goofing around in free roam after I unlocked loadouts and in that mode a petrol bomb easily destroyed the AA-cannon and the Walker Gear. Does this carry over to the actual game mode?

Also, a question for those that unlocked extra character slots: Are there extra customization options than in TPP's single player game (besides having the ability to make a female character)?

FiraB

Banned
Anybody else noticed how pay to win this is? You can buy epic armour etc using MB Coins.
Visual customization stuff doesnt effect gameplay, its purely visual. If you could buy weapons then you would be screwed, snipers are crazy powerful on any map atm.

Alienous

I like how MGO plays but everything around that experience is garbage. How can this be a MP experience designed in the year 2015?

Well, like MGSV, there's the core gameplay mechanics and not much else.

The map design is unfocused; we have Ground Zeroes sized maps that would have been great for the single-player, whereas The Phantom Pain has tighter 'maps' that would have been great for the multiplayer. It's a little ironic.

And I've played more that a few betas that felt like fuller experiences.

I can't see MGO3 lasting long, especially if paid map packs split the community.

Jtrizzy

I don't suppose you can buy just MGO on PS4 or XB1 can you? I doubt I'd play it enough to warrant a full $60 double dip.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Visual customization stuff doesnt effect gameplay, its purely visual. If you could buy weapons then you would be screwed, snipers are crazy powerful on any map atm.

On any map? They seem like poo on all the small sectioned off maps.

Trying to do anything besides just killing people on the small maps feels limited. The respawns are so fast and the maps are so small that getting off an interrogate or fulton without getting killed feels lucky.

Well, like MGSV, there's the core gameplay mechanics and not much else.

The map design is unfocused; we have Ground Zeroes sized maps that would have been great for the single-player, whereas The Phantom Pain has tighter 'maps' that would have been great for the multiplayer. It's a little ironic.

And I've played more that a few betas that felt like fuller experiences.

I can't see MGO3 lasting long, especially if paid map packs split the community.

It's never worth getting invested in MGO, because they're just gonna shut down the servers in no time anyway.

MGO1 was bad enough with how short lived it was, but I still am angered and feel burned by actually buying additional content, and then MGO2 was super short lived too.

Top Bottom