• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

gossi

Visual customization stuff doesnt effect gameplay, its purely visual. If you could buy weapons then you would be screwed, snipers are crazy powerful on any map atm.

But the descriptions say they heavily defend against weapons etc. Are they just encouraging people to spend real money on items that don't do what the description says?

Alienous

I need to play in a all GAF lobby. See if I can find my microphone.

I want to see how a 6 v 6 match with competent players feels like.

Betty

Banned
Down for maintenance, ah well, the game is much better than I'd anticipated, the tension of getting a huge killcount but knowing if you get captured the other team might swing the match is amazing.

Alienous

I don't understand why this game has a class system AND a weight system. I also don't get limiting skills to a class, and one class to each character.

The TTK and game flow is too fast to be thinking "Oh, he looks like an Infiltrator, let me vary my tactics to..." no. The classes don't play differently enough for that to matter anyway, there's just arbitrary constraints on what certain classes can do.

Also I dislike stealth camo outside of Cloak and Dagger. People don't use it to hide as much as they use it to confuse you for a second as they sprint towards you for a CQC grab. Something like Peace Walker's stealth mat, that functions like Octocamo, feels like it would encourage genuine stealth more.

Maddocks

Not bad, but of course plays nothing like the cool stuff the trailer showed off. The main problem is there is no consequence for dying. Can really just run around and die and shake it off and refresh.

fritzo

Just had my best game ... And server maintenance!!! XP gone. Ah well. I'm going to have to start making my own games. Timers are way to short most times.

PS: any word on our CE DLC?

web01

So sad this is what they released after MGO1 and MGO2.
The gameplay is just not fun at all and the maps are not designed in a logical way.
Complete lack of server options countless and countless missing features and game modes from previous games. Balance, gameplay depth and fun all sacrificed to dumb down the game. All the work of MGO2 that could have been capitalised upon completely thrown out the window.

Betty

Banned
So sad this is what they released after MGO1 and MGO2.
The gameplay is just not fun at all and the maps are not designed in a logical way.
Complete lack of server options countless and countless missing features and game modes from previous games. Balance, gameplay depth and fun all sacrificed to dumb down the game. All the work of MGO2 that could have been capitalised upon completely thrown out the window.

I liked MGO2 as well but this game is far, far better, the hit detection and lack of DING - Headshot being the overriding way to kill everyone as well as the far improved animations when you die make it an easy winner.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Best moment for me was sprinting behind a group of a walker and two helpers while stealthed.

Throwing the dude off the walker then turning shotguning one guy with the stun shotty, turn shoot the other, turn stun the first turn stun the second into fultoning them all....

SOOOO GOOD

Alienous

Why would they put in a Buddy System but not bring back the mechanic of boosting other players to higher ground?

Why, Kojima.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is there an upgrade for the Scout class that allows you to mark players by aiming at them with a weapon rather than binos?

How much longer is this shitty "maintenance"?
it usually seems to end on the hour, for what's it's worth...

was sure it was often 2am pst in the past but last night was 3am i think

but granted i usually didn't check it that often during SP, just enough to notice it usually seemed back by around 2-3am ;p

My stat are reset... I had a lvl 6 and a lvl 12...

Fuck

Edit: Maybe it's because of the maintenance ? Do you have your stat when you log in to MGO ?

Palpable

it usually seems to end on the hour, for what's it's worth...

was sure it was often 2am pst in the past but last night was 3am i think

but granted i usually didn't check it that often during SP, just enough to notice it usually seemed back by around 2-3am ;p

I'm drunk and sleepy and I want to play shitty MGO. I dunno if I can wait another 1-2 hours.

Yeah, I don't care if it's the middle of the night, having maintenance on the day of release is fucking annoying. Everyone is gonna be stoked to play this, I was too busy during the day and I happen to be a night owl.

rrc1594

I don't have class today

SO!

Kevin-Hart-GIF.gif

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
But the descriptions say they heavily defend against weapons etc. Are they just encouraging people to spend real money on items that don't do what the description says?

They say in the tutorial that cosmetics don't affect gameplay. It's just flavour text.

DryvBy

After playing a few matches last night, I'm in love with this. It helps when your first match has you as MVP.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Too bad the starting night vision is terrible during the day time. Trying to scout against an entire enemy team of infiltrators is poo.

Loomba

How do I choke someone out after interrogating them? I keep releasing them and they turn around and kill me.

How I do it, I grab them with R2, hold that down. Hold L1 to interrogate. Let go of L1, then Let go of R2 to press it fast like SP (I think this is wrong?).

Any help

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
How do I choke someone out after interrogating them? I keep releasing them and they turn around and kill me.

How I do it, I grab them with R2, hold that down. Hold L1 to interrogate. Let go of L1, then Let go of R2 to press it fast like SP (I think this is wrong?).

Any help

keep tapping R2

It's because they don't want you to be able to see behind you too much. And it's fine like that

Dont get me wrong I've adjusted but I mean primarily in OTS. It's just a weird angle for me as the camera is a lot lower down as well. It feels a lot like RE6 at launch where the reticle always seems to be pointing down when you raise your weapon as opposed to the center of the screen. It's not a deal breaker or anything but it just feels a bit off.

When sprinting the camera in general is a lot further out than it is in singleplayer.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
the default rounds are way too short and the default map sizes are way too big.

No way. Not all of them at least. I feel the small portion maps are way too small. Some of them feel a bit big but I'd rather that then the mayhem of the smaller ones.

Mob_zter

Neo Member
Hey you need PS PLUS to pay Metal Gear Online ryt ?? My Friend doesn't have PS+ . He just called & told me that he can enter & Play MGO without PS+.

yeah, you do...

the game seems to offer you a 2-day trial though (maybe depending on when/if you ever used a trial before) in-game though... i mean, not technically in-game it cuts to PS Store but it basically takes 5 seconds where it says "oh you don't have PS+" and then "here's 2 free days" all in just a few button clicks

Xater

Well, like MGSV, there's the core gameplay mechanics and not much else.

The map design is unfocused; we have Ground Zeroes sized maps that would have been great for the single-player, whereas The Phantom Pain has tighter 'maps' that would have been great for the multiplayer. It's a little ironic.

And I've played more that a few betas that felt like fuller experiences.

I can't see MGO3 lasting long, especially if paid map packs split the community.

I mean except for unlocks the Battlefront Beta pretty much has almost as much content as this. Very disappointing all around because playing it is pretty fun.

Top Bottom