• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Gorillaz

MGO3 is such a blast from the past for all the wrong reasons right now

some patches here and there will make it good but a game in 2015 shouldn't launch with so much shit that online MP has moved away from

ViolentP

GAF Squad reporting.

yvczAz1.jpg

Alo0oy

Banned
Why is the matchmaking so bad?

Once I get into a game everything is fine, but getting there is terrible, it takes forever to find a match (10+ minutes), & sometimes it disconnects in the loading screen that takes you to the match.

There's no lag or anything in the matches themselves, I don't understand.

Been playing a couple of matches today been the multiplayer fun. Hope the online issues get sorted out couldn't get xp from my second match after the host quit the game.

Trickshot

Guys. I can't get into a match with anyone in my party. It keeps saying "The match is full" for my friends and booting them back out to Freeplay mode. It's definitely killing my impressions on this game.

Anyone else going through this?

Rocketz

Well the phantom controls are alive and well on this on the Xbox One version. Just had a really bad one that lasted 30 seconds. I won't be playing the mode for very long.

16 people is way, way too chaotic with all the bugs and design issues.

Played a bunch of 4v4 with my friends and it was infinitely better. Will be sticking to that for as long as I play it.

Edzi

How does headset chat work in this? Any way I can toggle stuff on and off? I sorta wanna stream some online play for my friends to see, but I'd rather not bother everyone in the game with my voice.

Yay the disconnections of host right when the game is about to end and the spawn camping in this game are just glorious...

The gameplay is fun though and it seems solid for the most part. I think some great Custom games will come out of this.

Man, only having two rounds a match is incredibly lame. Not only is the downtime between games crazy, 1/1 matches are decided by some arbitrary scoring system at the end.

Cloak and Dagger would be an awesome mode if it lasted more than 3 mins...

Reebot

Way too much downtime in between matches.

Overall a fairly ok experience. Nothing amazing, I feel like you could do a lot more with the mechanics.

Jaeger

Only minor connectivity issues for me. This is going to be superb. If Konami supports this properly we are in for one hell of a ride.

Thanks Kojima.

Simo

I had some good matches earlier. A lot of fun and some intense firefights. Dig the party system is the dashboard party so we all get matched in the game but luckily there's the invite option too since one of my buddies would timeout now and again.

Other than that the only issue is the same as everyone else: getting in a match and host disconnects.

Also I'm surprised private or custom matches still reward you EXP?

malfcn

Data disc type is dumb.
One idiot on the team is running circles around the map and exposes the whole team.

Welp.

When I love a game, I praise it.
When I get frustrated with a game, the salt flows and it's a piece of shit.

darkwing

I had some good matches earlier. A lot of fun and some intense firefights. Dig the party system is the dashboard party so we all get matched in the game but luckily there's the invite option too since one of my buddies would timeout now and again.

Other than that the only issue is the same as everyone else: getting in a match and host disconnects.

Also I'm surprised private or custom matches still reward you EXP?

same as MGO2, all those training rooms lol

Neiteio

I was having a blast with this when I tried it earlier. I quickly learned that even if it says you're disconnected, you can still search for a game and connect regardless. I find I have the best luck finding a match when I do a Select Match instead of Auto Search. It helps not to be picky about what kind of game type you play.

I've tried all three modes and most of the maps in both their daytime and nighttime iterations. I've really enjoyed all of them. Once I was the last person sneaking around in C&D; I lost but it was a thrilling experience. Both this and comms capture seem stacked in favor of the defending team, but they're still fun. And Bounty Hunter's gimmick with the Fulton recoveries turning the tide of battle is brilliant. I also like that weather applies to multiplayer. Sneaking around in the rain at night is the best.

I've taken to MGO3 so much more quickly than MGO2. I think this has to do with how much tighter the controls are in MGSV.

Top Bottom