• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Alienous

Stealth Camo does the opposite of encouraging stealth. There's no patience in using it.

Put it on and use the seconds where your opponent is caught off guard to hurl yourself at them.

It's a shame because actual stealth is possible, but the camo has people sprinting around trying to CQC.

It should be disabled when you're hit.
It should be disabled if you're firing an unsuppressed weapon.
It should drain really quickly when sprinting.
It should drain quickly when moving.

It's fine as it is on Cloak and Dagger, though.

GodofWine

Just wanted to say how generally positive and fun my day one experience was, this feels like a very good game, balance I think is actually OK, as skills progress, OP things seem less OP, good fun.

AKyemeni

Stealth Camo does the opposite of encouraging stealth. There's no patience in using it.

Put it on and use the seconds where your opponent is caught off guard to hurl yourself at them.

It's a shame because actual stealth is possible, but the camo has people sprinting around trying to CQC.

Infiltrator are powerless to my E-locators ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's funny when they get marked, but still stay in the same corner, thinking they're invisible. Then I jut come around the corner and headshot them.

yeah, except when your teammates rush in and keep getting caught. i had at least 3 games yesterday where i had to grab the disc solo and was killed trying to recover it because my whole team was dead

Red Alchemist

Neo Member
Scouts can mark stealth enemies if you keep your scope on them long enough.

Also the game tells you if you're going to be marked with a warning symbol to the left of the timer and with a little noise that sounds like a gerbil for some reason.

But you see on the map if someone is sprinting, no ?

Jabba

Banned
I'm finally sort of getting the hang of Cloak and Dagger. Helped produce a few victories with points and even a disc retrieval.

Does anyone else think MGO looks a little better in some way?

@GrayOcelot

Give the player base a little time. I was getting found/snuck up on, easily at the beginning. There are audio and visual clues to where I was thinking, really is that in game? By thinking it got me killed. Now it's take no chances. Saw a guy, (couldn't actually see him) but the sand was weird. Shot in the direction, Lo and behold, someone was there and I killed him. Gonna take awhile for players to acclimate.

NeoGiff

Thats why you throw sensor grenade to scan them out...

Yeah, if you somehow had the foresight to predict that the entire enemy team would be using stealth while defending, so you picked your class (which can't be changed after the fact) with the sensor grenades.

Red Alchemist

Neo Member
So apparently, you get more GP on automatch than in select match.

100GP compared to 20GP.

Can anyone confirm?

Yeah you can get 50GP - 100GP with automatch

I got disappointed in one of the previous MGO's because it had auto-aim. Does this one have that as well? If it does, I'm not playing it.

Yeah it has auto aim in the same vein as single player, though it won't apply to stealth-ed targets unless they're marked or have the data disk.

It's not as powerful as mgo2's auto aim imo (well so far anyway).

AugustBlade

Neo Member
I got disappointed in one of the previous MGO's because it had auto-aim. Does this one have that as well? If it does, I'm not playing it.

Hjod

Banned
Does anyone know how to do the PS4 Community thing?

Don't see any information about it in the OP.

Search for my PSNid Hjod and look under my communities, it suck you can't search for communities. As far as I know.

Played som Cloak and Dagger today, had loads of fun, tried to play some BH but couldn't find a game. Will play some more tonight :)

Alienous

It does not.

It does have the aim assist common in shooters, but currently I have that disabled to make headshots more fluid.

Evil Beaver

Enforcer seems to be the least popular class. I always seem to choose the least played class. Just like the Titan in Destiny and Support in Battlefield 4.

Do the heavier armor items you buy actually improve your defense/health or are they just for show?

aember

Enforcer seems to be the least popular class. I always seem to choose the least played class. Just like the Titan in Destiny and Support in Battlefield 4.

Do the heavier armor items you buy actually improve your defense/health or are they just for show?
Enforcer for Best Class 2k15!

TitusTroy

I wonder how the 4 month delay of MGO for PC will effect the PC player base?...when it comes out in January 2016 will people have moved on and forgotten about it or played it on console already?...the console release of MGO was yesterday so it's not a big delay from the launch of the main game but expecting people to still have high interest in January might be asking a bit much unless the game is simply amazing

Alienous

I haven't paid much attention to the Community PSN update but it's fantastic.

Having a pool of NeoGAF players who have a specific game, and being able to make parties from within the community itself. Fantastic.

Gorillaz

Cloak and Dagger is going to be dangerous when people start rolling in packs.

Favorite mode so far, hoping we get more modes but the way konami stops support as easily as they do on MGS has me feeling unsure.

TMC

Guys how do I play with my friends lol?

While in Free Play, press the left side or right side of the touch pad. I can't remember if it was the left or right side. It will bring up the party screen. Invite someone from here. Then, have your friend ready up while looking at that same party screen by pressing the bottom right of the touch pad. Then, you can find a game and they will join you.

I did a party chat with a friend prior to booting it up and he was automatically added to my party.

wilsonda

Having the stealth camo turn off when a teamates is spotted in cloak and dagger can be frustrating with playing with noobs as teamates... I can see why the developers did it that way but it's still frustrating..

Playing comments control is pretty beast cuz you can play it much the same as any third person action game

Revven

I haven't paid much attention to the Community PSN update but it's fantastic.

Having a pool of NeoGAF players who have a specific game, and being able to make parties from within the community itself. Fantastic.

I need to be invited to this community. Someone pls do it.

PSN: OWN1N45

Grady

Mgo is fun. I like it. Only thing thats ruining it for me is the game being over when the host quits. What kind of shit is that. Have through the game and host quits so everyone gets booted, stupid way to have it set up.

Half of my kills are from fools thinking I don't hear them moving around around me trying to pull off an interrogation or stun.
zWVbK.gif

everyone and their mother is under stealth camo but thankfully no one knows how to use it right.

Such a lust for balanced multiplayer

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!?

So where's all the customization they showed off? Have they said when they're going to update the shop with things that aren't boring baseball caps and ski masks?

Also, they've gotta drastically reduce the walker gear presence.

While in Free Play, press the left side or right side of the touch pad. I can't remember if it was the left or right side. It will bring up the party screen. Invite someone from here. Then, have your friend ready up while looking at that same party screen by pressing the bottom right of the touch pad. Then, you can find a game and they will join you.

I did a party chat with a friend prior to booting it up and he was automatically added to my party.

Thanks dude We got it thats really weird though

We really need a set gaf match, this fumbling around with different hosts is crap. We need a time, a good host, a password and then we can all join up and play for an hour or two.

We should have multiple games like this going on throughout the day.

First time I tried cloak & dagger and had a somewhat coordinated team I won us the round i wasn't even aware of the amount of crawl spaces in the buildings there is i really see the potential for good squads annihilating opposing teams since everyone seems to sprint everywhere. Slow and steady players will have a field day with this.

We really need a set gaf match, this fumbling around with different hosts is crap. We need a time, a good host, a password and then we can all join up and play for an hour or two.

We should have multiple games like this going on throughout the day.

I'd be down for this.

SomTervo

Interogating makes TSNE broke when defending lol. Killed the whole sneaking team by myself

Well they shouldn't have got interrogated in the first place!

First time I tried cloak & dagger and had a somewhat coordinated team I won us the round i wasn't even aware of the amount of crawl spaces in the buildings there is i really see the potential for good squads annihilating opposing teams since everyone seems to sprint everywhere. Slow and steady players will have a field day with this.

Yeah, one time my team fucked about sprinting like idiots while I systematically sneaked to a choke point, crawled through slowly, dodged an enemy, stole the tape, and ran the fuck out of there. Won the round singlehandedly.

Top Bottom