• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Something that bothers me is the crawling sound is louder than crouch. In the single player this isn't an issue but in multi if I'm crawling through a stream to get the drop on someone and the crawl sound is louder its a dead giveaway. Has anyone else noticed this?

So where's all the customization they showed off? Have they said when they're going to update the shop with things that aren't boring baseball caps and ski masks?

Also, they've gotta drastically reduce the walker gear presence.

I hate that.

"Here is a character face customisation"

"Here a bunch of things to cover your characters face"

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just started as attackers in the disc mode on the ground zeroes map. It seems like the defenders spawn right next to you, because they just rushed in and murdered everyone.

edit: Yep, switched sides and we were able to do the same thing. The spawns are close enough to where you can sprint and catch the attackers off guard.

SomTervo

So how do I join the community? I haven't paid much attention to the PSN update at all

You should be able to use a search function and just put in 'NeoGAF MGO' or something. But for whatever reason it doesn't have a search function. At all.

Instead you have to find someone who is in the community and request to join it through them. See the post immediately above.

Edit: once you're actually in, though, communities are fucking great. Feels like one of the first true developments to console online networks since the early days of the Xbox 360

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Having a blast playing as an Infiltrator, pretty sure comm control is my favourite game mode too!

Infiltrator Gameplay

Fucking badass!

You should be able to use a search function and just put in 'NeoGAF MGO' or something. But for whatever reason it doesn't have a search function. At all.

Instead you have to find someone who is in the community and request to join it through them. See the post immediately above.

Edit: once you're actually in, though, communities are fucking great. Feels like one of the first true developments to console online networks since the early days of the Xbox 360

What system you playing on?

Is it possible to recustomise your character after creation (non story mode one) don't want to be permanently stuck with face paint

Didn't see if anyone answered you, but you have to go to customize in the single player game. Kinda dumb, but here's to hoping they change that.

Pretty much. People should wait at least a week before making judgement of what's overpowered and what isn't. On a side note no ZoE music and "Calling to the Night" is a real bummer.
I thought I was the only person who loved that track *salutes*

I only got to play a few matches with a friend last night and it's cool so far. Looking forward to some bugs being fixed, mostly CQC not being broken as shit and actually registering when I hit someone. One walker gear on each side would be nice, too.

I'll get more time in like next week tho, bc of the Battlefront beta lol. Guess I'm wasting a few days of that exp bonus.

aember

Started playing Automatch instead of Select, first game I get put into some guy offers to Buddy up. Sure, why not? We buddy up and end up doing some hardcore Metal Gear-type sneaking. We were together for more matches until the host quit. I sent him a friend request, he accepted. His PSN profile is only Japanese as language and he sent me a message "Good ! ! :)"

Today's awesome!

e: forgot to add: we were all about the L1 comms. So fun!

any tips as attackers on cloak and dagger, shit seems super hard for attackers. Also can you not queue together in match making as a group? All it seemed was that i could join a match but I had to invite my friend instead of us both joining the match together

GodofWine

Just started as attackers in the disc mode on the ground zeroes map. It seems like the defenders spawn right next to you, because they just rushed in and murdered everyone.

edit: Yep, switched sides and we were able to do the same thing. The spawns are close enough to where you can sprint and catch the attackers off guard.

People will adjust and be prepared, its a week 1 issue that will fade away.

Just spawn and toss a few nades, it'll keep them back. :)

Grady

Does this actually work on PS4 yet? Last night I got into one game over the course of 90 minutes.

Hmmm, i played for like 4 hours straight last night without a single hiccup. No lag, no glitches, just games ending randomly at time due to the host quitting.

aember

any tips as attackers on cloak and dagger, shit seems super hard for attackers. Also can you not queue together in match making as a group? All it seemed was that i could join a match but I had to invite my friend instead of us both joining the match together
Make a PSN party, have everyone go into Freeplay. Everyone pushes touchpad left. Party members push touchpad right to "Ready", leader checks that everyone is indeed ready. Members stay Ready on the party screen, Leader goes to Automatch or Select match or Create match and should load everyone up. Note: Select and Auto have a high chance of either splitting everyone up or picking a server that doesn't have enough slots, thus only letting the people that made it load in.

Plumpman

They should take the walkers out of the game.

Walkers I don't mind, easy to counter if you aren't caught unaware.
Stealth Camo though.... remove that from everything but cloak and dagger please....

And by remove I mean make it much harder to use.
Sprinting should just remove it completely for starters.

Walkers I don't mind, easy to counter if you aren't caught unaware.
Stealth Camo though.... remove that from everything but cloak and dagger please....

And by remove I mean make it much harder to use.
Sprinting should just remove it completely for starters.

It's pretty easy to see if you're looking for it, the problem is that it charges instantly and last forever.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Think I'm ready to call it: this isn't as fun as MGO2. Its too chaotic, lag feels even more of a problem due to faster Time To Kill, then you have walkers which just fuck everything up.

Combine that with an entire studio that was put on this forgetting to put Host Migration in, and its a fucking shitshow. Trying to get a game today has been excruciating as automatch doesn't work, flatout, and the server lists have no way of being updated while in them so you try to join 50 already full games.

Reebot

Think I'm ready to call it: this isn't as fun as MGO2. Its too chaotic, lag feels even more of a problem due to faster Time To Kill, then you have walkers which just fuck everything up.

Combine that with an entire studio that was put on this forgetting to put Host Migration in, and its a fucking shitshow. Trying to get a game today has been excruciating as automatch doesn't work, flatout, and the server lists have no way of being updated while in them so you try to join 50 already full games.

Yup. Even if it had all its technological ducks in a row, nothing in here hits that blend of fun and bizarre that MGO 1 and 2 had. MGO 3 is still a fun little game, but its not built to last.

Top Bottom