• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Don't see the issue with walkers its early days yet once we unlock heavy weapons walkers will be a burden for anyone using them for now I just stay out of there way and flank em.

Alienous

I don't know how many hours I've been playing this for, but I'm feeling it.

Sorry to the party I just left. Hopefully we'll play together later in the week.

xintin

I am so much worse at this than I was at MGO 1&2 but still kinda love it. Fultoning mid battle is so great (though I feel like I never get credit for it at the end of the round.)

Just bring back Capture (with Keraton!) and i'm all set.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Are people really have problems killing Cloakers & walkers...

Cloakers are easy to spot.

And hell, I was playing fine but now I can't get into a game at all. As soon as it tries to load, I just get disconnected from session.

Hystzen

My mic is dead but joined the MGO part my sorry about that but want few games with people know what doing.

Where are all the stupid hats they locked away by levels or something

Spinluck

I can't stand cloakers.

I don't want to have to pay extra attention to see sprinting shimmers.

Sneak like a real soldier.

Sprinting should remove your cloak.

I do believe sprinting gives away your position on the map somewhat. It appears as a redish glare.

But I don't know, my biggest problem with this is the scripted trailers made this look far more tactical than it actually is. Unless you are playing with people who do not want to cheese the game, you will get nothing stealth like out of it.

There is almost zero point in going non-lethal since just going around body slamming people with a shotgun or assualt rifle is a better option.

Spinluck

This is why you do betas or field test.

Whatever they did obviously did not work because this game is a broken mess.

Honestly, just a few tweaks and this could be really good. They should really revamp the entire CQC system overall, it's fucking garbage. They also need to apply Alienous's nerfs to the cloak and leave it as is in Cloak And Dagger. It will actually have people considering consequences while cloaked.

dukeoflegs

Biggest issue for me so far is getting use to the sluggish controls will take a while to get use to after playing Singleplayer.

Why didn't they let me choose a class while in free roam mode to see which one I like? Locking people out so quickly feels weird.

Gorillaz

This is why you do betas or field test.

Whatever they did obviously did not work because this game is a broken mess.

Honestly, just a few tweaks and this could be really good. They should really revamp the entire CQC system overall, it's fucking garbage. They also need to apply Alienous's nerfs to the cloak and leave it as is in Cloak And Dagger. It will actually have people considering consequences while cloaked.

This is one of the examples you can tell people when they say betas arent needed. I agree its just a few tweaks away from something great, but the average person who played any sort of online pvp would see this

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
This is one of the examples you can tell people when they say betas arent needed. I agree its just a few tweaks away from something great, but the average person who played any sort of online pvp would see this

"Hey, what is unique to MGO's combat sandbox?"
"Trolling people with traps and knock-outs. It gets them real mad. Some even rage-quit!"
*A Ghost outside the window is screaming HOST MIGRATION*
*It will never be heard*

Spinluck

This is one of the examples you can tell people when thry say betas arent needed. I agree its just a few tweaks away from something great, but the average person who played any sort of online pvp would see this

I agree, people will exploit a game in whatever way they can to win. I'm just confused cause you have something like the Last of Us MP which absolutely punishes a reckless run and gun style. I'm all in favor with that being a style of play in this, if you're really good you can be aggressive in TLoU too, but here it just feels like a necessity if you want to win most of the time. I wish you could set scores in public/private matches because I would cut the score kills give you to like 250 (I believe a Fulton is worth 500). Teammates who kill someone who was taken down by someone else shouldn't get the full amount of points. It just encourages shitty teammates to take kills and wrack up their numbers.

Me and my friends have had some really great fun on this. I'm not sure if I should give up on this, because I'm hoping the put some patches out to fix this game. Also, I hear MGO's don't get supported for long so sometimes I wonder if I'm just wasting my time.

Sprinting should remove your cloak.

I do believe sprinting gives away your position on the map somewhat. It appears as a redish glare.

But I don't know, my biggest problem with this is the scripted trailers made this look far more tactical than it actually is. Unless you are playing with people who do not want to cheese the game, you will get nothing stealth like out of it.

There is almost zero point in going non-lethal since just going around body slamming people with a shotgun or assualt rifle is a better option.
I feel the same. I'm disappointed by how fast paced and devoid of tactics it feels compared to something like The Last of Us.

Spinluck

I feel the same. I'm disappointed by how fast paced and devoid of tactics it feels compared to something like The Last of Us.

Yeah, I though that TLoU nailed that feeling. So much tension, and patience went a long way.

The only time you'll really get that here are in private matches with likeminded players, not sure how long that will go.

Edzi

After playing about 5 matches last night, I don't see this game coming close to the levels of fun I had with MGO1. The unlock system is what will probably break the game for me, since locking abilities and weapons behind levels/classes means that there will always be people playing against me with way better gear/skills. MGO1 felt like a level playing field, but this game seems to have too many variables.

Vaga

Yeah think I'm gonna steer away from MGO. The whole experience seems so rudimentary, souless and unbalanced ughhh as if there was need for more evidence that japanese developers still have their heads stuck up their assess when it comes to multiplayer.

Yeah think I'm gonna steer away from MGO. The whole experience seems so rudimentary and unbalanced ughhh as if there was need for more evidence that japanese developers still have their heads stuck up their assess when it comes to multiplayer.

MGO3 is developed by KojiPro LA

sjay1994

I made a mistake choosing scout

Why am I playing non lethal in bounty hunter

Oh, I got a headshot with the tranq rifle...

now I need to go get his body.

Oh, someone just killed me

And the other guy is up

Great

After playing about 5 matches last night, I don't see this game coming close to the levels of fun I had with MGO1. The unlock system is what will probably break the game for me, since locking abilities and weapons behind levels means that there will always be people playing against me with way better gear/skills. MGO1 felt like a level playing field, but this game seems to have too many variables.
This isn't like MGO2 where the people who played longer had a clear advantage with better skills. The skills and gear unlocks in MGO3 hardly seem game breaking at later levels. You will unlock more options to suit a specific style of play, but it's not going to make you overpowered. Everyone is mostly on a level playing field, even if you're just level 1.

Gorillaz

"Hey, what is unique to MGO's combat sandbox?"
"Trolling people with traps and knock-outs. It gets them real mad. Some even rage-quit!"
*A Ghost outside the window is screaming HOST MIGRATION*
*It will never be heard*
Enough noise would have been made bout no host migration. Thats number 1 on alot of people list

I agree, people will exploit a game in whatever way they can to win. I'm just confused cause you have something like the Last of Us MP which absolutely punishes a reckless run and gun style. I'm all in favor with that being a style of play in this, if you're really good you can be aggressive in TLoU too, but here it just feels like a necessity if you want to win most of the time. I wish you could set scores in public/private matches because I would cut the score kills give you to like 250 (I believe a Fulton is worth 500). Teammates who kill someone who was taken down by someone else shouldn't get the full amount of points. It just encourages shitty teammates to take kills and wrack up their numbers.

Me and my friends have had some really great fun on this. I'm not sure if I should give up on this, because I'm hoping the put some patches out to fix this game. Also, I hear MGO's don't get supported for long so sometimes I wonder if I'm just wasting my time.
Im not giving up yrt because its still fun as hell. Im just a bit disappointed because I know how support from these things dry up quickly and I wanted to grt the most out of it before that happens

But its only been day 1 anything can happen

sjay1994

Since I just picked Scout last night and haven't played it yet, why do you say this? Erm...inquiring minds want to know...

Well scout is good at team support, and not much else. I wanted to play this game non lethally, but its really fucking hard to do considering everyone just runs around with auto rifles.

And when I pull of a tranq headshot the problem of retrieving the body arises, because me trying to get there results in me getting killed, or CQC'd by someone who just sprints at me while cloaked.

Basically, my only contribution is just marking guys.

And its annoying because I find a lot of success by playing the game like everyone else. Just run around with an assault, and CQC people when close

It feels dumb

Facism

Started playing Automatch instead of Select, first game I get put into some guy offers to Buddy up. Sure, why not? We buddy up and end up doing some hardcore Metal Gear-type sneaking. We were together for more matches until the host quit. I sent him a friend request, he accepted. His PSN profile is only Japanese as language and he sent me a message "Good ! ! :)"

Today's awesome!

e: forgot to add: we were all about the L1 comms. So fun!

The comms system is proper important. Back in MGO 2, when ingame voice wasn't worth an MMA fighter's diarrhea, the comms were everything. It was a fucking amazing system that we utilised in competitive games.

It's a shame there's no text chat, i miss reading all the shit-talking :3

I've not looked, but when you create a game, can you customise or limit what weapons and equipment is allowed?

wilsonda

So far I am really happy with this game. I was worried it would be unbalanced for players at high levels bit I held my own in my first game against level 10 players... first cloak and dagger I got the disc and slammed an enemy before capping the disc

The game really rewards team and intelligent play.

They still need host migration

One tip I would offer is to turn up your first person aiming speed (sensitivity). Made my later games much more enjoyable

Top Bottom