• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

sjay1994

Sigh...

I don't think some people understand that you should fulton guys with high kill counts

I pull a guy out of a walker with 8 kills and try to choke him out...

My teammates shoot him and he dies in my hands

-_-

Icefire1424

Sigh...

I don't think some people understand that you should fulton guys with high kill counts

I pull a guy out of a walker with 8 kills and try to choke him out...

My teammates shoot him and he dies in my hands

-_-

Will always happen with casuals. Play with GAF. We treat you better (TM).

NastyBook

I think they took out weapon stealing too.
*dick shrivels*

When my apartment stops smelling like paint fumes from the unit being flipped downstairs (thanks for the warning* about that, btw, leasing office), I can't wait to try this out.

*there was no warning

GodofWine

Sigh...

Its been out for less than a day...its a TOTALLY NEW MECHANIC in shooters, people will get it. People probably didn't know you could pick up a friendlies dog tag in Kill Confirmed when it was new...we could probably make a thread on which mechanics people took longest to realize was a thing.

Gaz_RB

I know I'm a lowly junior but how do I go about getting games with fellow Gaf members? I'm tired of people playing like it's COD or destiny

"Hey GAF, anybody wanna play some MGO? Message me on PSN and I'll invite you to my party."

You can add me to start with: Gaz_RB. I usually only play in the evening but I always with other Gaffers.

I missed this message.

Did someone else manage to send you an invite? If not I'll log on a do it now.

Can you shoot me an invite too, amigo?

Facism

What's the actual name of the main community group? I'm in one at the moment that yielded fun games with a stellar group of chaps.

Arttemis

So if I want to change one of my characters' faces, I have to delete them, create the correct face, and re-level the entire character slot?

That's a load a bullshit.

Can't get the party system to work in this.

It seems joining a PS4 party doesn't do anything since you can't join anyone's game.

The only way to do it is to have them in the MGO3 party list which you can't do by just joining a PS4 party through PSN interface.

Icefire1424

So if I want to change one of my characters' faces, I have to delete them, create the correct face, and re-level the entire character slot?

That's a load a bullshit.

I believe your first character you can go into the main game under options, and change your avatar face. Not sure about the other 2 though.

Lucifon

First time trying mgo but it seems impossible to get into a match. Sat here for 15 mins searching and got nothing...

NeoGiff

What's the actual name of the main community group? I'm in one at the moment that yielded fun games with a stellar group of chaps.

Apparently it's Outer-GAF, but no one talks about it in here for some reason. I'm pretty sure our one is much bigger now too.

Who can invite me to Outer-Gaf? PSN ID BigBSnake

I had so much fun last night playing this. I want to be back at home to keep playing already.

Wait did you figure it out? xD

Not sure. All I know is that if you join a PSN party or Community party through the dashboard Party interface they still won't show up in the ingame MGO3 party menu.

My guess is you have to make it from the in-game one for it to be recognized.

EDIT: And every time I open up that MGO3 party menu it gives me some crap about a network error and how party functions can't be used, so I can't add anyone anyway lol.

Wonder when they will have this sorted out.

Duraigo

Crazy question, but do dot sights make you less accurate? Been trying to use them on my rifles, Scout class, and the recoil seems to get even worse.

Warewolf

This is the weirdest god damn criticism but it's straight from the heart.

MGO 3 isn't Japanese enough.

Top to bottom it just doesn't feel like it carries the same attitudes as MGSV proper, or previous versions of MGO for that matter. I have no idea if I'd still feel this way if I didn't know about the LA studio but man, something about it just feels separate from the Single player game in a way that previous entries didn't.

Also am I taking crazy pills or has Konami just ghosted with the PS4 costume DLC?? Is it a timed exclusive to Xbox One? There's no word anywhere that I can dig up, seems weird.

Alienous

I think I've sent all the invites out, but it's possible I forgot one or two, so just ask again if that's the case.

Crazy question, but do dot sights make you less accurate? Been trying to use them on my rifles, Scout class, and the recoil seems to get even worse.

I think weight might be a factor in accuracy. I put a grenade launcher on my AK and it sways like crazy (at least in first-person view). So maybe that's it (though I'm not sure if that's a thing)?

Well this as close as I am getting to my Deathstroke game:

image.jpg

If possible, I'd also like to join Outer-GAF! Havent had much opportunity to play, but I'd like to at least play with cool Gaffers. My PSN is Mookie1515. Thanks!

Top Bottom