• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Any GAF games going on?

Solid Raiden

Neo Member
I can't wait to get home and play some more. I loved what I played last night though I'm still getting aquainted with how the online plays. Playing with randoms in cloak and dagger is pretty futile it seemed. Would love to get some games with GAF in. East coast here. If any of my fellow gaffers are playing tonight add me, psn SOLID_RAIDEN.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Well this as close as I am getting to my Deathstroke game:

image.jpg

Our guys look suspiciously similar...

ARE YOU WATCHING ME?!

Alienous

If possible, I'd also like to join Outer-GAF! Havent had much opportunity to play, but I'd like to at least play with cool Gaffers. My PSN is Mookie1515. Thanks!

Send invite please. PSN: Clocian-IGN

PSN Is Balmungsama if someone could add me to the GAF MGO group. Man when is Sony going to let us change our PSN handle......

I can't wait to get home and play some more. I loved what I played last night though I'm still getting aquainted with how the online plays. Playing with randoms in cloak and dagger is pretty futile it seemed. Would love to get some games with GAF in. East coast here. If any of my fellow gaffers are playing tonight add me, psn SOLID_RAIDEN.

Welcome, brothers!

I was the first box, and I think the first person to get knocked unconcious, so I missed a lot of it, but seeing people knocking eachother out with head to head box slides is hilarious.

Script

Neo Member
So does GP actually have a use outside of gear? I'm thinking bout making my guy look silly if there's no other use for it.

Predwolf

I'm guilty of killing guys with a good amount of tickets to their head, mostly because I played the entire story with minimal kills, probably clocking less than a kill an hour with 140hrs of playtime. I just want to jump in and start using lethal weapons!

NeoGiff

I was the first box, and I think the first person to get knocked unconcious, so I missed a lot of it, but seeing people knocking eachother out with head to head box slides is hilarious.

We'll have to have a "boxing match". We all line up on opposite ends of the bridge and salute, then slide in at the same time.

WinFonda

Like, what were they thinking with the infiltrator class?

The active camo is completely broken, and undermines everything MGS stands for.

Shoot at people and be completely invisible.

Sprint around and be completely invisible.

Get shot / take damage and be completely invisible.

And they labeled it as the hard class to play? They have to be fucking joking...

Icefire1424

Like, what were they thinking with the infiltrator class?

The active camo is completely broken, and undermines everything MGS stands for.

Shoot at people and be completely invisible.

Sprint around and be completely invisible.

Get shot / take damage and be completely invisible.

And they labeled it as the hard class to play? They have to be fucking joking...

So, we know there is a grenade type that reveals cloaked Infiltrators - any other "counters" to the class identified yet? NVG or anything else available that might be able to expose them? I have to believe there is something out there to counter that ability - maybe we just haven't unlocked it yet?

Hystzen

Kind of shit the App still won't let you see communities or add people to them.

The problem with classes is they are irrelevant only scout gets trolled with sniper sway.

Everybody just uses a AR anyway with camo

Oscar

So, we know there is a grenade type that reveals cloaked Infiltrators - any other "counters" to the class identified yet? NVG or anything else available that might be able to expose them? I have to believe there is something out there to counter that ability - maybe we just haven't unlocked it yet?
Does the camo get upgraded later? I think it's easy to spot camo'd people unless they are standing perfectly still.

Red Alchemist

Neo Member

I'm pretty sure NVG reveals stealth camo in all modes apart from cloak and dagger.

Alienous

I feel like when you are shot your ability to CQC should be temporarily disabled.

It might be a step too far, but it might also mean actually trying to get the drop on someone to knock them out rather than rushing them slamming them to the ground.

Regardless, cloak should definitely be disabled when you're hit, and dramatically drained if you're sprinting or moving whilst not prone.

Cob32

NVG show them up. I'll test if they can be marked whilst I can see them lit up.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Probably for the best... playing with randoms is kinda killing my enjoyment of the game
While true, not playing with randoms is why MGO is wasteland and people can't get on.
There are too many locked games.

WinFonda

I've only been playing Scout, to level 10 or so, and no. Marking isn't really a counter either. Unless it completely neutralizes and disrupts full on invisibility, it isn't really countering jack shit. I don't know the last time I played a multiplayer game with such an abusive ability/tool. Pretty much everyone is playing infiltrator, and it's pretty obvious why. They also have the best tools for stun/fultoning, which is how you get the most points. Just zero balance.

Top Bottom