• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Kalor

Coming from a match of Comm Control on Jade Forest, here's what I've seen:
  • You can bombard the hell out of comms with morters
  • A team can get stuck on one side of the map for a whole round
  • The weapon to surpass metal gear is Snake being able to spam the rocket blast arm
  • At this point I'm fairly certain you are better off aiming in third person than first person
  • On the second day the lord said over and over and over unto his flock "You're pretty good"

I noticed how easy it is to morter the comms earlier. It makes capturing A really difficult if someone is constantly sending more rounds.

WinFonda

So now they OP as they beat you in a 2v1 situation?
That's not a 2v1 situation, what I'm describing is a situation where if another class was sprinting, you would turn to the radar, and generally be able to punish that player for sprinting. But in reality the radar/map isn't all that useful because nearly everyone is playing Infiltrator and stealth camo is just too good. Radar is all fair and stuff, but being fair doesn't make active camo less broken.

Still waiting on the countermeasures.

That's not a 2v1 situation, what I'm describing is a situation where if another class was sprinting, you would turn to the radar, and generally be able to punish that player for sprinting. But in reality the radar/map isn't all that useful because nearly everyone is playing Infiltrator and stealth camo is just too good. Radar is all fair and stuff, but being fair doesn't make active camo less broken.

E.Locator

E-locator, enforcer radar, plushies, range, stealth (they're not psychic), explosives.

As I level up I bet I find more.

Those cover 1% of the map, last about 10 sec, and take more time to deploy than it takes for an Infiltrator to sprint in and CQC you from 10 yards out. Also, marking doesn't negate or disrupt invisibility.

Don't let them get within range before throwing them? Again, they not psychic, you throw them from an unknown position and find them, then kill them.

...and if you cannot see a marked infiltrator I dunno how to help you aside from "Shoot the clearly glimmering thing below the big glowing arrow".

Evil Beaver

Infiltrator's camo needs to disable whenever they're moving.

Fucking entire teams of invisible cockmongers sprinting around CQCing.

k94pycu.gif

Alienous

The stealth camo is ridiculous. It incentivizes frantic play.

As I understand it, you equip it and it unequips when you exhaust a time limit. Which means that when you equip it you're actually better off sprinting everywhere rather than actually attempting stealthy gameplay.

That's some dumb shit.

foxtrot3d

Banned

As I understand it, you equip it and it unequips when you exhaust a time limit. Which means that when you equip it you're better off sprinting everywhere rather than actually attempting stealthy gameplay.

Y'all just have weak eyes. Anybody that tries to stealth past me either gets a sniper bullet to the head or pumped full of lead.

Alienous

Y'all just have weak eyes. Anybody that tries to stealth past me either gets a sniper bullet to the head or pumped full of lead.

Actually, there is sort of a point to it. I have a much easier time handling stealth sprinters depending on the television I'm using.

Doesn't lessen it's dumb shitedness, though.

Alienous

Yo Alienous I wanna join Outer GAF.

BiGBoSSMk23 ò.ó7

Could someone in the 'MGO GAF' Community invite Rapier (PSN ID: BiGBoSSMk23)?

I'd appreciate it, and quote this post if you do. I'll give it 5 minutes, and if someone doesn't decide to do it I'll do it myself.

LeonSPBR

As I understand it, you equip it and it unequips when you exhaust a time limit. Which means that when you equip it you're actually better off sprinting everywhere rather than actually attempting stealthy gameplay.

That's some dumb shit.

How can't you guys see them running at you??? They're pretty easy to spot. I get at least 8 to 10 kill to idiots running at me with the stealth camo on.

WinFonda

E-locator, enforcer radar, plushies, range, stealth (they're not psychic), explosives.

As I level up I bet I find more.
These "counters" are highly situational and require either luck or foreknowledge of enemy positions. Btw, when I think of counter, I think of something that can completely shutdown another mechanic. These are more like, hey, here's some general things you could do to maybe improve your chances ever so slightly. Like really, I'm supposed to hope someone runs into a plush doll? Maybe I should throw out decoys and really punish all those Infiltrators running in to CQC it as well?

Now contrast all these "counters" to active camo which is basically permanent with zero downsides.

If all of you are throwing E.Locator's when someone is running up to you then you're doing it wrong.

Throw them at the appropriate times at the appropriate places and you'll get marks pretty easily. This is essentially the same as using any other grenade type to hit someone, with E.Locator's it's even easier since all that is needed is for the grenade to pass by them while in mid air so there's even less of an accuracy requirement unlike the other grenades which require the grenade to land near its target.

I thought the cloak would be a pain to deal with but even at the low level I'm at there are counter measures that are effective.

The team that has someone going through the effort of getting marks is going to have a better time in general, especially against cloakers since the cloak is pointless when there's a large orange mark right above their head.

Doesn't interrogations only work for you and your buddy? I've seen someone else interrogate an enemy and nobody was marked

As far as I can see it works for the whole team because everyone just zeroes in on all the people hiding.

I also have the Interrogate+ skill (2 slot).

Red Alchemist

Neo Member
I really miss the head movement from mgo2, it was so useful seeing where people were looking in Tsne, now it feels like a gamble to see if I'm gong to be spotted or not.

As far as I can see it works for the whole team because everyone just zeroes in on all the people hiding.

I also have the Interrogate+ skill (2 slot).

It could be due to that. It's true that more people need to mark enemies though

Alienous

I really miss the head movement from mgo2, it was so useful seeing where people were looking in Tsne, now it feels like a gamble to see if I'm gong to be spotted or not.

This I do miss.

It was a nice detail that had gameplay usefulness, such as realizing when someone you're stalking is looking behind themselves.

ZeroTom

Neo Member
How do you wake up from being knocked out? Moving the stick in circles or moving it left and right furiously while mashing triangle? I don't want to break the controller doing that dumb mechanic.

Script

Neo Member
Lol maybe it's cause I'm an infiltrator but I don't think we're that op at all, in a straight firefight we die mad easily, unless you guys want them to buff our hp so we can actually win those cause we die in like 2 or 3 hits.

foxtrot3d

Banned
These "counters" are highly situational and require either luck or foreknowledge of enemy positions. Btw, when I think of counter, I think of something that can completely shutdown another mechanic. These are more like, hey, here's some general things you could do to maybe improve your chances ever so slightly. Like really, I'm supposed to hope someone runs into a plush doll? Maybe I should throw out decoys and really punish all those Infiltrators running in to CQC it as well?

Now contrast all these "counters" to active camo which is basically permanent with zero downsides.

You aren't using them right. I can't tell you how many fools I've taken down thanks to my plushies, they are AMAZING. Plushies are super effective in Cloak and Dagger and Comm Control, especially the latter. You just hole yourself up at a Comm Point and cover all the entrance points with plushies, soon enough you'll have a line of idiots ogling that cute little puppy. Afterwards, it's a simple CQC stun and a free ride to Fulton town.

I got like 8 dudes in one match using plushies.

Sifl

Idk about the stealth camo, to me it's incredibly easy to see them when they are moving. The only time I have trouble is when they are standing still.

NeoGiff

Would it be more useful to put the name of the different community groups in the OP? It would help people join rather than having to constantly ask in here and risk not getting a reply.

Ashura_MX

You aren't using them right. I can't tell you how many fools I've taken down thanks to my plushies, they are AMAZING. Plushies are super effective in Cloak and Dagger and Comm Control, especially the latter. You just hole yourself up at a Comm Point and cover all the entrance points with plushies, soon enough you'll have a lone of idiots ogling that cute little puppy. Afterwards, it's a simple CQC stun and a free ride to Fulton town.

I can masturbate to a video of this.

Using stealth camo out in the open is a bad idea especially if there's light around since you can see the shadow. I use stealth camo while sneaking along objects to help me blend in.

If you're a scout you should be keeping your distance from the main battle, by setting up plushies in he right spots you can block a cloaked player sprinting right at you.

The objectives modes have focus spots so easy to set up defense since you know where they want to go.

But this requires a bit of slight thinking and strategy.

Script

Neo Member
You aren't using them right. I can't tell you how many fools I've taken down thanks to my plushies, they are AMAZING. Plushies are super effective in Cloak and Dagger and Comm Control, especially the latter. You just hole yourself up at a Comm Point and cover all the entrance points with plushies, soon enough you'll have a lone of idiots ogling that cute little puppy. Afterwards, it's a simple CQC stun and a free ride to Fulton town.

Shoot my fav is when playng cloak and dagger and we're the attacking team, and i go after the disc but people are guarding so i run infront of them, then run into a corner, go invisible,place a plushie down and wait for them to come running round the corner and see the plushie, it's game over after that and i take the disc and run for it.

Stealth should be like MGO2 where the person is actually invisible except for the weapon they have equipped (so a small knife if you have nothing equipped) and you should have to rely on dust and shadows to find them.

At the moment they might as well not be using stealth, it doesn't make them anymore difficult to see

Of course the other easy counter to stealth-camo CQC is to just dive and shoot them where you land, since CQCing divers/people laying on ground is awkward and you gotta be in just right spot.

TS-08

Stealth should be like MGO2 where the person is actually invisible except for the weapon they have equipped (so a small knife if you have nothing equipped) and you should have to rely on dust and shadows to find them.

At the moment they might as well not be using stealth, it doesn't make them anymore difficult to see

No way, haven't you heard? They are invisible ninjas that are practically impossible to see and will take you out before you can even blink.

I agree with you on how the stealth should look.

Lol maybe it's cause I'm an infiltrator but I don't think we're that op at all, in a straight firefight we die mad easily, unless you guys want them to buff our hp so we can actually win those cause we die in like 2 or 3 hits.

I'm one too. . .and don't even known how to cloak myself - the only time I'm cloaked is when I play a round of the non respawn mode where you are all cloaked XD

Alienous

If someone could add the PSN ID's

THe_DeiCiDe
Tekniqszors
PiPSmallie

to the 'MGO GAF' Community. I won't be able to tonight.

Opto

Banned
Coming from a match of Comm Control on Jade Forest, here's what I've seen:
  • You can bombard the hell out of comms with mortars
  • A team can get stuck on one side of the map for a whole round
  • The weapon to surpass metal gear is Snake being able to spam the rocket blast arm
  • At this point I'm fairly certain you are better off aiming in third person than first person
  • Trying to aim in first person from cover can cause you to not shoot due to an object being in the way
  • On the second day the lord said over and over and over unto his flock "You're pretty good"

edit: spelling and added another bullet point
Were you in a never ending spawn camp hell too?

Facism

Sent.

You too, Rapier.

The name is 'MGO GAF', but I don't think you can search communities, so you either have to be friends with someone already in it or be invited.

Haha ignore that pm then. Really everyone should be in the same group.

Top Bottom