• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Just fired this up and played a few games.

Not enjoying it so far. First time playing MGO. Stealth Camo, stun weapons, I can get over all of that. People camping with D-Walker? Nah. I'll keep playing some more to see if it grows on me, but I doubt I'll stick with it for more than a week or two.

foxtrot3d

Banned
You know what's really dumb, the ability for Defenders to use Stealth Camo during "Cloak and Dagger." It defeats the whole purpose of that game mode. The entire idea is the fact that attackers are supremely limited and must instead rely on an inconsistent stealth camo for protection. Defenders should also suffer a hampering of certain abilities, mainly the ability to use any form of Stealth Camo.

For fucks sake, it's called "Cloak and Dagger" not "Cloak and Cloak-Dagger."

Hatchtag

Banned
Just fired this up and played a few games.

Not enjoying it so far. First time playing MGO. Stealth Camo, stun weapons, I can get over all of that. People camping with D-Walker? Nah. I'll keep playing some more to see if it grows on me, but I doubt I'll stick with it for more than a week or two.

Cloak and Dagger. I played one of the other modes once and nothing else since. So much god damn fun.

Splatoon should have a cloak and dagger mode.

Reebot

You know what's really dumb, the ability for Defenders to use Stealth Camo during "Cloak and Dagger." It defeats the whole purpose of that game mode. The entire idea is the fact that attacks are supremely limited and must instead rely on an inconsistent stealth camo for protection. Defenders should also suffer a hampering of certain abilities, mainly the ability to use any form of Stealth Camo.

For fucks sake, it's called "Cloak and Dagger" not "Cloak and Cloak-Dagger."

Its very bizarre, instead of having two teams with their own advantages/disadvantages you've basically got only one team constrained by the rules.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
the lag is this game sometimes just ruins the experience, shoot a guy then he warps to u and cqc's you.....yeah...nooooo

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Just had a great time with some of you guys. Awesome times.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Very very disappointed in this game.. I was waiting all those years for that ffs. Except for the graphics everything seems either like a downgrade or they just straight up removed the best features MGO had before. What were they doing all this time?

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't want to give a "git gud" response, but they're plenty viable, I interrogate people probably 2-3 times a round, I probably Fulton 3-6 a round, and tons of people get into camping positions and I get in there and wreck house, especially on comm station. Of course you can't be next to a group of enemies trying to interrogate/Fulton people, do you want to be invincible during it? Or do you think you should be able to run into a group of five guys by yourself, CQC all of them, interrogate them, then Fulton them all out?

As far as teammates shooting your fultons, sorry you have bad teammates, but that isn't a problem with the structure of the game, you just have bad teammates. Does Counter-Strike become a poorly structured game if you play with a team of people who only friendly fire each other and get killed?

It's not a matter of skill. I've won plenty of games. My complaint is how I've won them. I had no choice but to adapt to how everyone else is playing the game and while it's fun in most games to run and gun and spray, that's not what I wanted specifically out of Metal Gear Online. I'm glad that you have been having more fortune with interrogations and fultons, but you have to admit there are other opinions here which share my sentiment. As we have made comparisons to past MGO games and why they handled the gameplay aspects better. So it really is a structural issue with the game. Maybe you've just been in better games than we have, but it seems like a minority vs majority situation.

Regarding the fulton issue, once again my complaint is how it was handled. There is a chance he simply didn't know how the system worked or didn't care, as a guy who has reached level 7 myself, you don't play that long without learning a basic rule of a match, unless the game is terrible at explaining it, which going by the actual MGSV OT, there are things people are still learning about 90+ hours into the game because certain important features were never explained.

xintin

I'm in the MGO GAF community but I'll take an invite to OuterGAF as well. If anyone here wants to add me too, please do!

PSN: xintin

GrandPipe

question about the MGO XP bonus that came with the game.

Entered the code a little while ago, then yesterday started the online option to just check it out. Noticed that it applied the XP bonus automatically. Will that just tick down from 14 days from now or does it stop when i log out. I wasnt planning on playing MGO until id finished the single player, so a bit bummed that i accidentally started the xp bonus timer.

Warablo

For those wanting more stealth gameplay, Blacklist is pretty good multiplayer for the spies in terms of stealth.

I havent tried any other modes but bounty hunter, was hoping the other modes were more like Blacklist.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in the MGO GAF community but I'll take an invite to OuterGAF as well. If anyone here wants to add me too, please do!

PSN: xintin

There's an OuterGAF community? Crap, I want in too!

PSN juanpipe

foxtrot3d

Banned
Once again my plushies dominate in Comm Control, it's kind of ridiculous on that Oil Field map you can just completely defend Point C by placing them at the two stair way entrances.

//ARCANUM

So I just started MGO. Automatch. Disconnected from session before it starts. 3 times in a row. So um... This is fun?

Does Automatch work at all? Anyone wanna add me to their game? PSN ID is paulgandersman

Edit - or if there is a clan or something can I be added? (Just got disconnected for 4th time...)

Edit - or if there is a clan or something can I be added? (Just got disconnected for 4th time...)
Shy runs a metal gear community called Outergaff. Neogiff also runs a metal gear community called Mgo neogaff. Edit the rest of the mgo community info can be found from NeoGiff posts in the last few pages. For Outergaff ask for an invite.

Fulton 3 should be great, but the laggy players mean your punch passes through their body 90% of the time, and when you do hit, the shoot you after they've already been knocked out, they still get fultoned, but you're dead when you shouldn't be.

Can I get an invite into MGOgaf? PSN: ArmTheBomb

I been tryin all day. No luck so far.

Search PSN: KylieDog

This is me, look at my profile and see where my communities are listed, pretty sure it not set to private, find/join the community through that, no need invite, no need add me as a friend.

Has anyone gotten to rank 19 Infiltrator yet? I got disconnected from the room reall fast after the match ended, but I'm 99% positive it said I unlocked a Wu pistol that looked like an SMG, but it ain't in my loadout.

sprint really doesn't belong in third person shooter multiplayer games like this and Uncharted. it ruins any chance of flow.

i also agree that Defenders being able to use stealth camo in C&D really hurts the game mode. TSNE was a great asynchronous mode that was fun to play like the Spies vs. Mercs mode in Splinter Cell.

Arklite

Man, crews of kidnappers with sleep grenade launchers? That's some shit, lol.
Not too bad so far, hope they add more customization soon.

Shy

i'm locked out of it at the moment, so i can't let anybody in.
But hopefully i'll be able to fix it tomorrow. Sorry again for the delay.

This is so fun. Damn man....Kojima is the truest of all truths

So many conflicting reports about this!? I really want to try it for myself to form my own opinion, but I just have so little time these days since my fall term of college began.

Man, crews of kidnappers with sleep grenade launchers? That's some shit, lol.
Not too bad so far, hope they add more customization soon.

Sounds wacky and fun, but I wonder if it even is trying to be balanced?

Edit:

i'm locked out of it at the moment, so i can't let anybody in.
But hopefully i'll be able to fix it tomorrow. Sorry again for the delay.

Just update your NeoGAF profile information with your PSN account so people can find your profile on their PS4's, look at the communities you are a part of, and then they can join Outer-GAF community from there. Is it agreed Outer-GAF makes most sense to be a general community for MGS fandom (like the MGS community thread) and MGO GAF is for setting up MGO games and other MGO discussion and sharing?

Gorillaz

Idk about everyone else but the box has been perfect for ambushes so far. Like Walker Gear take overs ive been doing ok with it. As long as I can tell the path it's going.

Been playing Comm control more lately. Enjoy this game a whole lot more right now then I did in TDM w/fultons

Shy

Just update your NeoGAF profile information with your PSN account so people can find your profile on their PS4's, look at the communities you are a part of, and then they can join Outer-GAF community from there. Is it agreed Outer-GAF makes most sense to be a general community for MGS fandom (like the MGS community thread) and MGO GAF is for setting up MGO games and other MGO discussion and sharing?
It's set to invite only.

Idk about everyone else but the box has been perfect for ambushes so far. Like Walker Gear take overs ive been doing ok with it. As long as I can tell the path it's going.

Been playing Comm control more lately. Enjoy this game a whole lot more right now then I did in TDM w/fultons

Comm control is my most played, followed by team sneak

sorry if this has been asked / answered before

Is anyone having trouble shooting in first person view? I've been playing enforcer and I noticed that for some weapons in first person view it takes waaaay longer to be able to shoot after aiming than in third person view.

I play single player using first person to shoot. Am I going to have to relearn how to play now so I don't get screwed?

They really need to fix the party system. What's the point if my friend and I can't be on the same team?

Join a PSN party

Both go into MGO

Have the non-host press the touch pad to enter the party menu then press Options to ready up

Host begins search.

I haven't had 100% success in joining the same games (usually due to full lobbies), but I've always been on the same team.

No issues with 1st person shooting.

Edzi

Alright, whoever thought giving everyone stealth camo would be a good idea was an idiot. This doesn't even feel like MGO anymore, I'm just constantly fighting against teams of ghosts.

Åesop;181030124 said:
Very very disappointed in this game.. I was waiting all those years for that ffs. Except for the graphics everything seems either like a downgrade or they just straight up removed the best features MGO had before. What were they doing all this time?

I'm kinda feeling the same. I've only played about 5-6 hours so I can't pass full judgement because it is fun, but it's just, very messy and uninspired, amateur, has no charm, almost nothing about MGO that made it great seems to be here.

Top Bottom