• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

PrinceKee

So did they lower the player cap to 12 instead of 16? Played lime 8 games and the games never get more than 12. Where yesterday I was getting in full 16 player games...

Edzi

I'm kinda feeling the same. I've only played about 5-6 hours so I can't pass full judgement because it is fun, but it's just, very messy and uninspired, amateur, has no charm, almost nothing about MGO that made it great seems to be here.

Yeah, starting to feel the same after two nights of playing. Stealth camo alone makes it feel completely different, since I seem to constantly be fighting teams of invisible dudes. It's the absolute worst, just constant random invisible cqc one hit KOs.

People gotta stop making these 99 ticket bounty matches, I don't got time for that shit. Make a 30-40 ticket room like a normal person that doesn't want to be in one match for two hours.

So did they lower the player cap to 12 instead of 16? Played lime 8 games and the games never get more than 12. Where yesterday I was getting in full 16 player games...
People might just be realizing their Great Value internet can't handle 16 so they make it 12, I've been making 16 player rooms all day.

Alienous

This, totally ruins the cardboard box. That was fundamental to the other MGOs

The cardboard box 'meta-game' is different now.

You can jump out of cardboard boxes and leave them, so it's reasonable to assume a cardboard box is empty. They can be distractions, or useful for stealth; I managed to use one in Cloak and Dagger on the attackers side, of all matches.

Yeah, so...not as good as mgo2 but still pretty fun. Stealth camo should be more useful and reserved for a team sneak mode.

I was wondering if anyone else has made a Spotify playlist for listening to while playing MGO yet. Here's mine: http://open.spotify.com/user/everynationsrefugee/playlist/3fLL9ScVUoaM0yvxBtdC7Q
Always looking for suggestions to add to the playlist. Looking specifically for war themed songs, but feel free to share anything you think works well with the game.

Pitch Black[/quote said:
Always looking for suggestions to add to the playlist. Looking specifically for war themed songs, but feel free to share anything you think works well with the game.
Buffalo Springfield's for what is worth.

From what I've played so far the class ranking is;

Infiltrator > Scout > Enforcer.

Infiltrator is just a better run and gunner than the Enforcer funnily enough.

I remember reading that the Enforcer has the highest health, but people die so fast in this game that whatever amount it is means nothing. I have not noticed a health difference between any of the classes, only speed. Everyone dies at the same speed as far as I've seen.

Shouta

Stealth Camo is really annoying when everyone's just running around. I can spot them if I'm sitting still for a bit, even at night, but that's kind of asking to get shot up in a public game. The shield on the enforcer seems kinda meh too.

Feltrol

Banned
It will always put you on the same team after the end of the match you joined (assuming you joined in progress). If you join in progress you're at the mercy of the current team balance.

Join a PSN party

Both go into MGO

Have the non-host press the touch pad to enter the party menu then press Options to ready up

Host begins search.

I haven't had 100% success in joining the same games (usually due to full lobbies), but I've always been on the same team.

No issues with 1st person shooting.

Thank you! Got to try this next time.

Stealth Camo is really annoying when everyone's just running around. I can spot them if I'm sitting still for a bit, even at night, but that's kind of asking to get shot up in a public game. The shield on the enforcer seems kinda meh too.

People can just shoot your feet since they're exposed.

Also you can do a melee bash with the shield, but people can throw you when they are within 3m.

For some reason I doubt the shield bash reaches that far based on the animation.

I wouldn't mind using the Shield if Enforcers got extra health but they don't. You die just as fast as anyone else and it's a little lame when someone can just aim down and kill you as if you didn't have a shield at all. The only luck I've found here is by strafing and shooting, or using the two-hand shield mode when you are behind cover that covers your feet.

Shouta

People can just shoot your feet since they're exposed.

Also you can do a melee bash with the shield, but people can throw you when they are within 3m.

For some reason I doubt the shield bash reaches that far based on the animation.

I wouldn't mind using the Shield if Enforcers got extra health but they don't. You die just as fast as anyone else and it's a little lame when someone can just aim down and kill you as if you didn't have a shield at all. The only luck I've found here is by strafing and shooting, or using the two-hand shield mode when you are behind cover that covers your feet.

Well you are sticking your arm out when you're shooting. It's really dumb that I have to switch modes with triangle to properly cover myself with the shield. I should just be able to pull it out to shoot automatically so I don't have the dumb animation.

The only bright side is that Enforcers do get an SMG to use with the shield that you can 1-hand. The spray is pretty tight too though online lag, lol

213372bu

Banned
Ehh I haven't exactly been having the lag D-walker and cqc stuff at all lately. Not even the delayed spawn in.

It's just cqc'ing ending early and not being able to do actions that is plaguing the flow for me atm.

My auto-match times are near instant for Random and only a few seconds for specific types.

Maybe it is a regional thing/bug.

Palpable

Ehh I haven't exactly been having the lag D-walker and cqc stuff at all lately. Not even the delayed spawn in.

It's just cqc'ing ending early and not being able to do actions that is plaguing the flow for me atm.

My auto-match times are near instant for Random and only a few seconds for specific types.

Maybe it is a regional thing/bug.

It's mainly to do with character movement. CQCing and getting shot from around corners tend to fuck me over the worst.

213372bu

Banned
Just "suicided" by having my D-walker blowup, and that's before the lethal explosion that is suppose to be able to kill you.

Nice.

213372bu

Banned
Didn't think there was fall damage in the online and accidentally suicided. Wasn't that big of a fall either.

In one of the Afganistan maps there is a drop off that leads to a raised platform of covered crates underneath.

I have both lived and died from that drop.

Seems some shit is just broken.

gossi

When players create matches, they said the player limit. It defaults to 12.

The game is peer to peer, no servers, so you're seeing 12 because those players said 12 peeps.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
My team was losing the match 7 to 20

By some miracle, I stun someone with 15+ bounty.

I start fultoning him.

Teammate suddenly runs in and proceeds to shoot him in the fucking face.

bpdkc1i8l1lp0ds5sfdz.gif

From what I've played so far the class ranking is;

Infiltrator > Scout > Enforcer.

Infiltrator is just a better run and gunner than the Enforcer funnily enough.

I remember reading that the Enforcer has the highest health, but people die so fast in this game that whatever amount it is means nothing. I have not noticed a health difference between any of the classes, only speed. Everyone dies at the same speed as far as I've seen.
do they get any grenade launchers later? it says explosives but i suppose it could just be mines, 'nades upgrades

my guess is that camo+shotgun could be pretty front loaded in terms of being already very strong at low level but improve less

but enforcers and scouts could see more of a change as they get some of the better sniper rifles or grenade launchers, or armour and anti-camo, respectively.

Alienous

I think I unlocked an enforcer grenade launcher are level 21. It's non-lethal though, and I'm not sure what type. Could be smoke. Maybe sleep?

I start fultoning him.

bpdkc1i8l1lp0ds5sfdz.gif

I haven't run into this guy yet.

Which probably means I'm that guy.

(Nah. If they're knocked out the worst I'll do is steal the Fulton)

213372bu

Banned

I start fultoning him.

bpdkc1i8l1lp0ds5sfdz.gif

I was on the other end of that deal last morning.

--

Servers went down, looks like it let the match go out but invalidated the gear points for the match.

Sassen

I start fultoning him.

bpdkc1i8l1lp0ds5sfdz.gif

Had to put my mic on and start yelling at people a few times, lol.

I start fultoning him.

bpdkc1i8l1lp0ds5sfdz.gif

It actually happens a lot in Bounty Hunter, if my team is behind I'll try to fulton some of the +10s, but it happens over and over again that people just kill them when I'm either CQCing them or already in the process of fultoning them. Idiots.

One time near the end of match, I'm ready to fulton this guy to turn the match around, this dude uses the buddy spawn on me and just shoots the dude. It really took me a minute to calm down..

Phionoxx

I bet things will improve with the playerbase over time. The people that stick with the game will learn the mechanics and the maps, and those who want to treat it like a run and gun TPS will likely get bored and move on once CoD / Halo 5 come out. Hopefully the MGO community can have some legs though.

Hatchtag

Banned
Man this seems really similar to Titanfall and other FPSes in how its leveling works, but it needs to tell you what unlocks at what levels like those games so I know what I'm working towards.

I don't know if I'll keep playing this game. It's not bad but it's not what I was expecting from MGO. It feels like the stealth part is forgotten and all you do is run like crazy to instant stun with quick CQC.
The Cloak and Dagger mode is the only thing that interest me but it's hard to find a server that only play this mode...

Spinluck

Just fired this up and played a few games.

Not enjoying it so far. First time playing MGO. Stealth Camo, stun weapons, I can get over all of that. People camping with D-Walker? Nah. I'll keep playing some more to see if it grows on me, but I doubt I'll stick with it for more than a week or two.

Don't play alone.

For me the game is terrible with randoms.

Tonight I actually had some with my friends on this. Didn't lose any matches.

How is the lag?

Grabbing from 10 feet still possible?

It's still garbage...

But I've been getting better at avoiding it. I think diving works but one time I warped into a choke hold after diving.. Netcode is so shit.

Buffalo Springfield's for what is worth.

That's a good one, but a little cliche. I try to stay away from those. That's why there's no Fortunate Son on my playlist. Maybe if there's a good cover version. Spotify doesn't have Peter Gabriel, but I found a pretty cool cover of Games Without Frontiers by somebody I'd never heard of: Bonglab

And what do ya know. Ann Wilson does a pretty awesome cover of For What It's Worth. :)

I start fultoning him.

bpdkc1i8l1lp0ds5sfdz.gif

Please explain the bounty system to me, especially someone with 15+ bounty. Don't think the game does a great job of telling players not to play this like Uncharted multiplayer.

CrovaxPSO

Logged in after playing this morning and all my progress has been reset. That's... something.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like it let me start MGO even though maintenance is happening.

Arklite

I heard female characters unlock saucy outfits after Ascension

What is ascension supposed to be? Prestige resets?

Also, unbelievably I only just now realized you can switch weapons by tapping square while aiming. This would've saved me so many times.

Top Bottom