• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Spinluck

What's wrong with y'alls eyes? The only place where invisibility is helpful (from my eyes of seeing them) is when they're in cover or in shadow. If someone's shooting you with their Infiltrator pea shooter, dive to cover. If they're sprinting at you, shoot to stun lock them. Alternatively, develop an R2 reflex to just CQC them before they do you. Can't remember the last time I got fultoned or taken out by an Infiltrator when I was within 20 feet of my buddy. Don't think Enforcer needs a buff, I'm doing just fine. Laying down surprising director, taking out multiple people in a single clip, throwing grenades behind cover. They do their front line man job great. It's always hilarious to me when I see some Infiltrator roaming around like I can't see him.

"Hey buddy, infiltrator around the back side of this fence."
*Buddy tosses e-loc*
*Me tosses grenade to flush, uses gun to kill*

Me and my main buddy roll Scout and Enforcer and he'll watch the outside of buildings while I infiltrate. Or I'll suppress someone with grenades and fire while he rushes them down or flanks.

Shitty infiltrators can be dealt with.

The ones who know how to expose the game are the tough ones. I had two on my team that buddied up and absolutely dominated rounds.

Seeing them isn't the problem, but let's not pretend that they can't be easy to miss or spot in certain situations. The ones that hide in shade prone or in bushes are scary, but that's just good smart play, not exploiting.

Spinluck

You rely on your scout(s), on sticking close to another player for support, and on your eyes' ability to see.

You are completely exaggerating the effect of the stealth camo.

It doesn't encourage sprinting at all. If anything I'm far happier when an infiltrator is sprinting than actually trying to sneak up on me, as I am far more likely to spot and mow them down when they run.

Stealth camo is certainly good.

Unless you and your friends have never lost a disc in cloak and dagger, I don't see how you can argue this, the online community would be far better if they tuned it down some.

C&D mode would be absolutely pointless if the cloak wasn't effective. I'm not buying this we are exaggerating nonsense. I rank top 3 whenever I use it. You might be good against it but the majority isn't.

I think they should leave it as is visually, but nerf cool down and the generosity of use (sprinting, shooting, taking damage should all affect it). They certainly lose the range battle but they can use assault rifles anyway, that's good enough against most scouts, and because the enforcer's riot shield can't block CQC they're a joke against it.

TS-08

Stealth camo is certainly good.

Unless you and your friends have never lost a disc in cloak and dagger, I don't see how you can argue this, the online community would be far better if they tuned it down some.

C&D mode would be absolutely pointless if the cloak wasn't effective. I'm not buying this we are exaggerating nonsense. I rank top 3 whenever I use it. You might be good against it but the majority isn't.

I think they should leave it as is visually, but nerf cool down and the generosity of use (sprinting, shooting, taking damage should all affect it). They certainly lose the range battle but they can use assault rifles anyway, that's good enough against most scouts, and because the enforcer's riot shield can't block CQC they're a joke against it.

Who said it isn't effective? If it wasn't effective, that would be its own problem.

Like another poster said, if anything, it's the CQC takedown that is overpowered and could potentially be changed.

malfcn

Welp just got fultoned by a guy walking though several rounds of machine gun fire. Bull shit.

Next round I line up a head shot and nothing happens. I am instantly dead. Sweet.

Warewolf

Why is marking so slow? I would stare at them for ten seconds and sometimes it wouldn't mark.

Also there is a straight up limit on how far you can mark from right? In rush mode, on the Jungle map specifically I can track those guys sprinting for a good solid 20 seconds and get nothing, maybe I have no range on it as an infiltrator? I've just hit level 08 so still feeling pretty scrubby.

Red Alchemist

Neo Member
The CQC throw should definitely be nerfed so it doesn't Insta knock-out because it would mean you would need a follow up stun weapon for when the enemy gets knocked to the ground, plus it would mean that the choke would be useful.

xam3l

Is anyway to disable the FOBs?

With that ensurance stuff the game went from a 9/10 in my book to a 5/10. -.-'

edit: damn, didn't notice this was the online thread :x

Danny 117

The CQC throw should definitely be nerfed so it doesn't Insta knock-out because it would mean you would need a follow up stun weapon for when the enemy gets knocked to the ground, plus it would mean that the choke would be useful.

Agreed, a life/stamina bar like MGO2 would be useful, too.

Neiteio

MGO3 is ridiculously fun. I had to practically tear myself away from it last night. It's hype as hell when you're down to your last few tickets and suddenly Fulton someone with a +10 bounty. And being the last man on the invading team in Cloak & Dagger is exhilarating.

It sucks knowing they'll pull the plug on this at some point, like MGO2, and given the current state of affairs at Konami, it may be sooner than we think. :-\

Xiraiya

Is anyway to disable the FOBs?
With that ensurance stuff the game went from a 9/10 in my book to a 5/10. -.-'
Nope, the most you can do is erase your save to reset the FOB back to it's original state with 1 platform built, but if you load a backup save before FOBs or play up to that point again, your FOB will just suddenly be open to you and will have been sitting there the whole time (open to attack I imagine)

malfcn

I also wish I could study the load outs longer.

3 seconds into cloak and dagger I get killed while invisible from across the map. The fuck?

13randO

How many responses are there for every character? Some players can say things like "Look out," but my character can't. Are there any more than the default 8?

Xiraiya

It sucks knowing they'll pull the plug on this at some point, like MGO2, and given the current state of affairs at Konami, it may be sooner than we think. :-\
I think that's a tad pessimistic, the way this MGO works is much better than previous iterations, so I think it could be around for quite awhile yet since it's much more modern and less obscure and insane like MGS4's was.

But even if they do pull the plug early, I imagine private servers and stuff like that will continue to exist on PC, it would be nice if they eventually let people host games sort of like Counter Strike.

malfcn

Whee.

Knocked out after my animation of throwing them.

And my team mate waits for them to Fulton me away, and then attacks. So much fun.

So if I spot someone while cloaked, the only way to reveal them is to shoot at them? Weak.

Red Alchemist

Neo Member
How many responses are there for every character? Some players can say things like "Look out," but my character can't. Are there any more than the default 8?

Hold the left side of the touch pad to get into the options menu, then go to the preset radio customization at the bottom.

Also changing a preset message on one character changes all of them, they'll mostly say the same thing just is slightly different ways.

Reebot

Seems to me like cqc is not balanced around being functionally an instant kill.

I've won close range fights by running through bullets, which is stupid.

Game needs harsher cooldowns on cqc and more ways to outright prevent it. Making shields immune sounds like a good start.

I'm level 10 Infiltrator and level, uh 5, I think, Enforcer. Scout is still a baby level 1.

Did you go for Metal Gear-ass Metal Gear names for your secondary characters? I named my Scout Furtive Anteater. Proud of that one.
Scout is the first class I picked, so it's the same as SP.

The Enforcer is named Killifish, after my best Peace Walker soldier. She was completely maxed in all stats.

And for the Infiltrator, I modeled and named him after Gray Fox.

malfcn

Just watched someone from kill cam standing still in between cover and their model was shifting around. Is that lag or sync issues?

My badass old dude and his pointy-ass head.

21853505040_faf870c21d_o.png

Neiteio

Seems to me like cqc is not balanced around being functionally an instant kill.

I've won close range fights by running through bullets, which is stupid.

Game needs harsher cooldowns on cqc and more ways to outright prevent it. Making shields immune sounds like a good start.
Yeah, while I'm loving MGO3, I've definitely noticed that CQC is overpowered. There have been times where I'm shooting someone and they close a 5-foot gap with CQC, lol.

13randO

Hold the left side of the touch pad to get into the options menu, then go to the preset radio customization at the bottom.

Also changing a preset message on one character changes all of them, they'll mostly say the same thing just is slightly different ways.

Sick, Thanks a lot. I hope you can also get rid of the 'knock' command, that shit is gross. It sounds like you're suffering from boneitis.
CeLQDrd.gif

13randO

Yeah, while I'm loving MGO3, I've definitely noticed that CQC is overpowered. There have been times where I'm shooting someone and they close a 5-foot gap with CQC, lol.

I feel like the running shove should also not knock people out at all. MGO2 shove didn't knock people out, it just threw them to the floor.

Red Alchemist

Neo Member
Sick, Thanks a lot. I hope you can also get rid of the 'knock' command, that shit is gross. It sounds like you're suffering from boneitis.

Sadly you can't from what I've seen anyway.

I feel like the running shove should also not knock people out at all. MGO2 shove didn't knock people out, it just threw them to the floor.

Unless you had CQC EX, which everyone banned... No wonder people are pissed at CQC

Also that sawn-off shotgun infiltrators get, holy crap that needs nerfing it one shots everyone

Reebot

With just a few small revisions they could really tighten this up, I hope its not dropped like a rock in post-release.

malfcn

So why can I equip lethal weapons when it says non only?

Just had a match where it tied points and the other team wins?

Cob32

how do i not suck with scout?

can't mark camo dudes and they just steam roll me if they get close

i use the default assault rifle and locator grenades. I play comm control exclusively now and use locator grenades to capture and defend points. I get good scores using this method.

Automatch really needs some options, like 16 player, rush yes/no.

All I'm getting is shitty 12 player rush maps. Over and over. And no heroes.

...and of course, manual searching gives shitty GP rewards, so not really an option unless want to forget about customisation.

Top Bottom