• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Just got C4, people are about to go sleepybang!

Agree with the above, game needs more content asap. I'd love some retro maps, more unique characters and more stealth-focused game modes. Also, the ability to customise what weapons are allowed when creating a server. Used to love Knife-only fights on MGO1!
Can you cqc grab and then strap c4 to a character's backside like MGO2?

The only thing that'll come from them nerfing CQC to make it take multiple throws is no one ever using CQC anymore because the game is too fast to sit there and throw someone multiple times. The throw animation is long enough to where if there are two people you won't have enough time to get the both of them unless your second target is totally oblivious to his surroundings. If someone is running up on you to CQC then shoot them or dive at them, if they come up from behind you then they likely snuck up on you which means your were already dead anyways.

TS-08

The only thing that'll come from them nerfing CQC to make it take multiple throws is no one ever using CQC anymore because the game is too fast to sit there and throw someone multiple times. The throw animation is long enough to where if there are two people you won't have enough time to get the both of them unless your second target is totally oblivious to his surroundings. If someone is running up on you to CQC then shoot them or dive at them, if they come up from behind you then they likely snuck up on you which means your were already dead anyways.

I think people will still CQC because there are advantages to sneaking up on someone and grabbing them from behind, even if you could have just killed them instead. CQCing from the front should be more of a desperation move than your go to knockout blow.

Edit - also, I don't think the instant knockout would be so bad if it required CQC 3 or something.

-Deimos

I don't see why that's a problem, plus it worked fine in MGO2. Players will still need to cqc to get fultons in bounty hunter and you don't really have much of a choice in C&D as attackers.

I think people will still CQC because there are advantages to sneaking up on someone and grabbing them from behind, even if you could have just killed them instead. CQCing from the front should be more of a desperation move than your go to knockout blow.

This too. Slamming an enemy and quickly getting a headshot while they're on the ground was a common tactic in MGO2, so slamming does have an advantage in 1 on 1 encounters.

Although I actually haven't played the game yet so I don't know if the slam animation is long enough to get a headshot...

malfcn

I'm done for now. It's a laggy, buggy piece of shit. I got knocked out and now I'm permanently blind or sleepy. From another match into another.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
4 games in a row in which the host leaves... and my XP is gone.
It's a shame because there's gameplay content locked behind the progression system :(

Vibrant

Banned
Technical issues aside, this feels like a demo. Ranking up seems pointless and the matches are way too short. I don't see this being worthwhile.

Arklite

Time seems to vary with room settings. Yesterday I ran into a control match with 20 minute rounds. Way too long, but also pretty intense.

Shouta

Hit level 18 on Enforcer. I unlocked E.Locators at 17 and I have the Tactical Support trait (or whatever it's named) that gives me 5 e.locators per spawn. I just spam them before I move out. Free points and easy to spot folks everywhere, lol.

It might be me but the explosion on grenades seem to change with the demolitions trait. Feels like the level 3 one has better splash damage. It also explodes on contact instead of based on timer making it easier to get nade kills. The Underbarrel grenade launcher didn't seem to change which I guess means it doesn't count.

rrc1594

Hit level 18 on Enforcer. I unlocked E.Locators at 17 and I have the Tactical Support trait (or whatever it's named) that gives me 5 e.locators per spawn. I just spam them before I move out. Free points and easy to spot folks everywhere, lol.

It might be me but the explosion on grenades seem to change with the demolitions trait. Feels like the level 3 one has better splash damage. It also explodes on contact instead of based on timer making it easier to get nade kills. The Underbarrel grenade launcher didn't seem to change which I guess means it doesn't count.

When I play rush, I start throwing them every where. Get easy point and no need to rush

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Man it fucking sucks not being able to join you guys off the community page.

I have to invited in like a fucking vampire.

Why can't Konami make the online client be the same for all regions?

If anyone wants to take the time to invite me, I'd appreciate it. I don't play online a lot but I'd probably play more if i was with a group. I don't do mic chatting though. My PSN: steviecmen

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Super annoying bug i've ran into like in the last 5 matches.
I spawn twice... a couple of secs after spawning the spawn screen comes again.
Then after i get killed i get stuck in the Kill Card screen until the game ends. =/

I guess it's some kind of desync.

Is there a way to keep playing the same mode after a match finishes?
I wanna play C&D, not Comm control
Super annoying bug i've ran into like in the last 5 matches.
I spawn twice... a couple of secs after spawning the spawn screen comes again.
Then after i get killed i get stuck in the Kill Card screen until the game ends. =/

I guess it's some kind of desync.

happened to me too. BS

Fersis

Ok i dont know how PSN Community work but there's no one playing right now :/
Come on OuterGAF!

BadHand

Do you guys think the host disconnecting stuff will find a resolution? I've been holding off starting this up as I can do without the frustration... I'm hoping something will be done about it in the next few weeks or even months.

Fersis

Do you guys think the host disconnecting stuff will find a resolution? I've been holding off starting this up as I can do without the frustration... I'm hoping something will be done about it in the next few weeks or even months.
No chance they're gonna change to a Server/Client model but they could implement that when the host disconnects you get your XP and stuff.

Top Bottom