• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

NeoGiff

Me ! ID: BigBSnake

Thanks in advance !

Could I get an invite

PSN: TheCobraTwister

Thanks

Can I be added
PSN: CC-Dragon

If anyone wants to take the time to invite me, I'd appreciate it. I don't play online a lot but I'd probably play more if i was with a group. I don't do mic chatting though. My PSN: steviecmen

Me please

PSN: realasd202

Did not realise there was a GAF MGO ps4 community.

add please.
id: devilnevercry124

Me, me!

WanderXMono

Uh, PSN: LargoFV if you have a chance. Just starting out though.

Can i get in on this? PSn Locknessmobster

Thanks

Add me too please if it's not too much trouble.

Username: looselotus

Neogiff add me if you get a chance as well

PSN:EboyWasHere

All invited.

Gorillaz

Neogiff add me if you get a chance as well

PSN:EboyWasHere

Also Jade Forest.....wouldn't be surprised if it was meant to be part of Mission 51/Lord of the Flies. Like it looks like it could have been a enemy base camp/mission spot at one point

Nuke Soda

Getting tired of taking the time to knock someone out and attempt to fulton them only to have my teammate spray them with bullets.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
It's funny when you join a game and it's already in progress and you seem to simply replace a player who was in the game previously, including their stats. There have been multiple times where I have joined a match in progress, it ends moments later after I have done nothing, and I level up from getting 7 kills and 2 objectives and fultons and etc. from the previous player.

At least there's one upside to points not being given until the match is over :v

Cloak and Dagger is the shit but the defending team being allowed to use cloak is a poor design imo.

Yeah I agree. Using most of the class abilities in that mode feels like it should be disabled. Why am I allowed to use my Night Vision?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
How does the stealth camo work with infiltrator? Do i need to activate it?

If you're making your own loadout, you need to equip one of the 'abilities' in the 3 slot loadout section that adds it to your inventory, then you need to activate it during matches. Same as Scout with Night Vision where it won't be added to a specific loadout unless you equip him with the Optics ability.

TS-08

I just stunned a guy by hitting him with an E Locator in C&D, then I fultoned him and we won as the attacking team. Pretty awesome.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
lol if someone is hiding in a box and has a rifle on their back you can see the gun clipping out of the box.

Stealthy I guess.

Same here
CQ1jHfJXAAQ5KTl.png

I like that the Enforcer gear looks like actual military gear while the others have all the extra junk tacked on.

had a lot more fun as a scout last night... starting to learn the maps better and hang back in better vantage points. good marking and anti-fulton can really be useful... especially in Bounty Hunter. especially when you got a lot of enemy infiltrators running and gunning, if you got 1 scout that hangs back and really makes sure all the camo infs get mark (the 2nd NV upgrade helps a lot) and also basically shoots down most of the fulton attempts, it makes a pretty big difference I found.

I've been using a rifle with a reflex scope almost as much as a sniper rifle too because sometimes, a Scout really doesn't even need to be there for sniping... you're there to mark, reveal infs with your NV or your e-detectors, and just in general make sure your guys know where all enemies are. i've mostly been using a sniper rifle on bounty hunter yet (though varies on the map) but been using a assault rifle with reflex sights more often on Comms control so I can stay with all the assaulters and make sure they have marked enemies to kill.

either way, had a lot more fun as a scout last night.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
One of my "team mates" followed me around killing everybody I knocked out. I chased them around with flash bang grenades tossing them at the jerk wad. I was a little upset.

The CQC jank in this game is so high that unless fultoning is required for a win I'd rather just kill an enemy than risk him teleporting out of an allied CQC attempt and CQCing him in return.

so has anyone playing Enforcer figured out how to shield bash or do the sprinting shield bash? I think i tried every possible buttons combinations and it wont work.

LowParry

Welp. Day 2 of not being able to log into servers. First day was hella fun with no issues. You win Konami servers. Guess you want me to play Star Wars tonight instead.

Rizzi

I bought the game again on ps4.
I'm not waiting until January to play MGO.
*sigh* What am I doing with my life?

Fupri

Banned
If you want a fake cardboard box equip it then press X or square to dive out of it.
(I saw someone post about fake cardboard boxes scattered around MGO2.. Can't find the post though)

Phionoxx

Do you guys think the host disconnecting stuff will find a resolution? I've been holding off starting this up as I can do without the frustration... I'm hoping something will be done about it in the next few weeks or even months.

Yeah as fun as it is to play it is super frustrating having the host quit mid match or otherwise leave before the end of match XP is awarded. Hoping for a host migration patch but it will depend on how much support Konami is actually going to give MGO.

If you're making your own loadout, you need to equip one of the 'abilities' in the 3 slot loadout section that adds it to your inventory, then you need to activate it during matches. Same as Scout with Night Vision where it won't be added to a specific loadout unless you equip him with the Optics ability.

thanks.

Frenden

Banned
I've had three hosts quit at inopportune times so far. Pretty frustrating when it's near the end of a match and you're so close to getting your sweet, sweet experience/currency.

Host migration would be a godsend.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I feel paralyzed when not playing Scout with Night Vision. Even during daytime maps, too many cloak babbys everywhere.

Warablo

So I thought there was a way to reedit your characters, but I guess I was mistaken? Also there is no way to change your main avatars class either.

RE4PRR

Same here
CQ1jHfJXAAQ5KTl.png

I like that the Enforcer gear looks like actual military gear while the others have all the extra junk tacked on.

Meh most of the enforcer stuff looks more like bomb disposal then regular military gear. Infiltrator has a good balance between lightweight and body armor, reminds me of the tv show military like Stargate teams or BSG Marines.

Kei-

Does the party system work the same on Xbox One as it does on PS4? As in, your party chat is your in-game party, and whoever creates the party chat is the party leader...EVEN if they are not playing MGS or don't even own it for that matter. So you are left with a situation where you can't aurtomatch. Have to search for a match and invite everyone.

Top Bottom