• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Alienous

hey Alienous can you add me to the MGO gaf community or whatever that is, id: Jack999888

I can't right now, but others in the group can, so if you're in the group and on your PS4 please invite Finalow (PSN ID: jack999888).

I'm going to headhunt cloaked infiltrators tomorrow. Such a lust for cheap tactics, BOOOOOOOOO.

Spinluck

I'm sorry about the Infiltrator thing guys. I just think they get completely neutralized by the buddy system. I run around a corner and get slammed, my buddy wakes me up and we kill him. If my buddy gets slammed after he wakes me up, I just throw a grenade. Maybe someone can hide really effectively, look at the radar, dive for cover.

Can someone send me a YouTube video of some Infiltrator domination? Either way, emergency fixes is one sure fire way to ruin the meta.

No need to apologize, but...

it's crazy that infiltrators only attack you that same way

alone

with no back up

and your teammate is always there

undetected by the other team or surrounding infiltrators...

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'm surprised people are complaining more about C&D defenders being allowed stealth camo and not Night Vision. I think both are dumb but when defending I find NV way more useful than stealth.

konjak

So what are the exact data disc drop rules? I know you can hold it at your base to win fastest, but also drop it (which I've usually done). But I just dropped it there, within the circle, to kill a guy I stunned on there, and nothing happened. When I realized something was wrong there was no time left in the round to pick it up again

Kqh

Neo Member
Is there an .xls where we can add our PSN IDs ? We did this for Helldivers and that was pretty convenient to find GAF players you could play with

I'm surprised people are complaining more about C&D defenders being allowed stealth camo and not Night Vision. I think both are dumb but when defending I find NV way more useful than stealth.
NV only works during alerts, if you can be seen by it usually you can be seen by the naked eye

MAX PAYMENT

I don't think the Infiltrator class is OP at all. I tend to get killed far more often by other classes because the infiltrators think I can't see them.

I don't think they break cloak and dagger, however I do think that cloak and dagger should have pre determined load outs.

brau

Is there an .xls where we can add our PSN IDs ? We did this for Helldivers and that was pretty convenient to find GAF players you could play with

There was one in the community thread. Dunno if it has been updated with EVERYONE that is playing MGO.

Also, helldivers was one heck of a game. Tons of fun.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
No need to apologize, but... it's crazy that infiltrators only attack you that same way, alone, with no back up, and your teammate is always there, undetected by the other team or surrounding infiltrators...
This isn't 9gag and I asked for a video example. Give me more scenarios. Even when there's multiple of them in a CQC scenario, grenade still wins. You're buddy should always be there. I don't understand the last phrase.

The only video I've seen that seems broken is the running punch + Fulton video. So, I'm asking for more.

aember

Man, I was annoyed at how useless I felt as an attacking enforcer in C&D, but now after unlocking the sleeping gas grenade launcher I feel like the Big Bad, screw all that infiltrator hate :')

I don't think I can play with random people after playing with a group. No matter how I'm doing it's just enjoyable playing in a party.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
My community invite didn't seem to go through, could I please get another invite?

PSN is Pak38, thank you.

TS-08

Yeah, Walker Gears are fucking bullshit, and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

The Walker Gears aren't really worth using for the most part. I've played entire games where players don't even touch them because they are smart enough to know they can be more effective without them.

OK comrades, it was a blast to play with you tonight, although my score was as low as my IQ. I really am Russian btw and that's part of the reason I mostly say stupid things or what ever cyka blyad.
Hope to play more and more o7

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I think having cloak turn off if you're getting shot at is the most obvious change they should be making. If it didn't take 45 seconds to mark a cloaked person then maybe that wouldn't be as needed.

legacyzero

Banned
Yeah, Walker Gears are fucking bullshit, and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

Agreed, at least with the first point LOL

There's just too many of them. Put one in the map, let the teams fight for it. The way it is now it just a pain in the ass. Or a least just equip them with just pistols instead of a gatling gun.

RK9039

I think having cloak turn off if you're getting shot at is the most obvious change they should be making. If it didn't take 45 seconds to mark a cloaked person then maybe that wouldn't be as needed.

Yes, it should be like TSNE/C&D.

If you're using stealth whenever you shoot without a silencer it should be taken down, and if you get shot at it should be taken down as well. That's a reasonable way to balance it imo. Stealth outside of TSNE is such a silly idea anyway, even though I love playing the Infiltrator class. They also need to sort out the e.locators in this game, it lasts way too long compared to MGO2, plus there's skill that allows you to take more grenades/elocs. Every game now is just an e.locator spamming match.

Also why the heck does headshots take more than one bullet? it's like they want people to play with auto-aim/correction. Make headshots one bullet = kill, like MGO1 and MGO2. Then again the servers will probably last only a year this time so I don't think they really give a damn, they just want to sell as many MB coins as possible and then call it a day.

ed: And the gear selection is really weak. I honestly can't think of a single thing it does better than MGO2, not even <SONG> could save this game.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.

There's just too many of them. Put one in the map, let the teams fight for it. The way it is now it just a pain in the ass. Or a least just equip them with just pistols instead of a gatling gun.

IMO walker gears are really easy to deal with. Pepper them with bullets and they seem to go down relatively quickly.

what you dont think it's fun when a team manages to get multiple ones running around as a unstoppable force

so balance

NeoGiff

What do all your characters look like? Here are mine.

Scout:
dZxvEXc.jpg

Infiltrator:

Enforcer:

So uh, how exactly do you play as Snake or Ocelot when playing online? I keep seeing people mention it but I haven't experienced it myself so far.

konjak

So uh, how exactly do you play as Snake or Ocelot when playing online? I keep seeing people mention it but I haven't experienced it myself so far.

Luck of the draw in either mode that isn't Cloak & Dagger

EDIT: When it happens, one team always gets Snake and the other Ocelot

Card Boy

Banned
Shit respawns and everyone camoed. Konami fucks up Metal Gear Online for a 4th time. This game has worse spawns than the worst COD offender.

I'm glad I don't play Cloak and Dagger because I would rage to find out that the Defenders can use cloak and NVG.

That is not a good decision for the mode since the core concept is that the defenders must go up against a team of cloakers.

Turning the defending team into cloakers throws that out of whack in favour of the defenders greatly because their cloak is individual and not based on which member of their team gets spotted.

NeoGiff

Thank you, PSN: Darryl_M_R

GODHAND04

I'd love to be added as well: leunam23

xsilentbladesx

hey Alienous can you add me to the MGO gaf community or whatever that is, id: Jack999888

I'd dig an invite to the group.

PSN is freethought69

I'd like into the group too.
PSN id: Harlan_Ryudo

All invited.

My community invite didn't seem to go through, could I please get another invite?

PSN is Pak38, thank you.

I definitely sent it earlier but I just sent it again. Is your PSN avatar Wesker?

RK9039

Like I refuse to believe they actually tested these ideas and basically just launched it after they got it looking "functional"

Much like the singleplayer.

G7X8

But yeah, so many stupid design choices. People are literally trying to find ways to make this game more competitive just so they can host their own tournaments (since this version of MGO doesn't have these things...). You fucked up Konami, clearly too busy trying find ways to sell us MB coins.

I clicked on "buddy" when respawning, now the camera is frozen and I am not respawning. I can't do shit. Wow. Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes, it happened to me twice. You have to restart the game, that's what I did.

I clicked on "buddy" when respawning, now the camera is frozen and I am not respawning. I can't do shit. Wow. Has this happened to anyone else?

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
I definitely sent it earlier but I just sent it again. Is your PSN avatar Wesker?

It is! I don't know why I can't find the invite. I checked the notification and invites section again. I might just be fucked, Community-wise. =(

Anyone experience the bug in C&D where if you switch to your e locators your stealth turns off for no reason?

Also, was just spectating on a teammate who knocked a defender out while carrying the disk, he kept trying to slit his throat but kept dropping the disk instead. Dude woke up 10s later and shot his ass point blank with the shotgun while still on the ground. GG Konami.

Which begs the question, why the fuck can the defenders wake up so fast in C&D? And why is just one kick from their teammates enough to wake them up as well?

Like there's literally no point in fucking tranquing the defenders since there's no way you'll get to them before they wake up. It's like these dummies never played MGO2.

Top Bottom