• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

RK9039

Anyone experience the bug in C&D where if you switch to your e locators your stealth turns off for no reason?

Also, was just spectating on a teammate who knocked a defender out while carrying the disk, he kept trying to slit his throat but kept dropping the disk instead. Dude woke up 10s later and shot his ass point blank with the shotgun while still on the ground. GG Konami.

Which begs the question, why the fuck can the defenders wake up so fast in C&D? And why is just one kick from their teammates enough to wake them up as well?

Like there's literally no point in fucking tranquing the defenders since there's no way you'll get to them before they wake up. It's like these dummies never played MGO2.

The interesting thing is that defenders in the TSNE mode on MGO2 would get knocked out for longer compared to all the other modes if they were put to sleep/K.O.-ed. The only way for team mates to wake them up was by tapping their bodies for a few seconds which would put the players trying to wake people up in a vulnerable position. It was really well balanced.

Somehow they thought that the opposite would be a good idea in MGO3. I'm so confused, did the staff ever play this game and the ones before it? because there's a lot of things here that make no sense at all.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
What do all your characters look like? Here are mine.
Infiltrator:
4KwiM5u.png
Enforcer:
Scout:

My Female Scout Ascension 1

wPLxMXF.jpg

LFNp3jY.jpg

I'm playing an infiltrator but is there any reason to horde GP for after ascending instead of buying items you like at the moment. I don't understand why berets costs so much. .it must be a MGS thing. . I rather use money on some cool clothes than look like a french hipster.

RK9039

I'm playing an infiltrator but is there any reason to horde GP for after ascending instead of buying items you like at the moment. I don't understand why berets costs so much. .it must be a MGS thing. . I rather use money on some cool clothes than look like a french hipster.

Yeah I think it's an MGO thing. Red Berets cost 50k reward points in the old game, and white and red coloured gear was always the most expensive. Seems to have carried over to this one as well.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What's with the hate on enforcers? I've saved many a friends and killed tons using them with the machine guns and providing cover fire.

Frenden

Banned
Early on they're outmatched by the initial abilities of the other classes. I just unlocked the sleep nades, nade on death, foregrip, shield, and SMG. Enforcers are pretty good as the game progresses.

That's where the hate comes from. I just bought the heavier BDU and I'm saving up for the Voorhees mask now. I am become death (soon).

NeoGiff

It is! I don't know why I can't find the invite. I checked the notification and invites section again. I might just be fucked, Community-wise. =(

My PSN is Spiffy_Giffy. Just take a look at my profile and you'll find the community from there.

The interesting thing is that defenders in the TSNE mode on MGO2 would get knocked out for longer compared to all the other modes if they were put to sleep/K.O.-ed. The only way for team mates to wake them up was by tapping their bodies for a few seconds which would put the players trying to wake people up in a vulnerable position. It was really well balanced.

Somehow they thought that the opposite would be a good idea in MGO3. I'm so confused, did the staff ever play this game and the ones before it? because there's a lot of things here that make no sense at all.

That's what I was getting at.

Frenden

Banned
It boggles my mind that a half-baked reddit thread with a relatively incomplete list of details is the closest we have to a full unlock list.

I wanna know all the things!!

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member

From Metal Gear Solid 3:

wpAiS79.jpg

I decided I wanted to play one more match to top off my Scout to level 4 despite being ready to get off the game (I am terrible at the game and the frustration can easily simmer after awhile). I wanted to get to level 4 so I could unlock the option to look at loadouts that I have already unlocked. Had a very one sided losing match, but I did get a good fulton so that got me up to Level 4. I forget how I returned to free roam but I did take a peek at some of the stuff I unlocked for the custom loadout, sure.

I am back in free play. The option to look at my loadouts is still locked. I am still level 3. Thanks, Konami.

Demoskinos

Son of a BITCH! Not even deleting the save data changes it?

Not sure. But I'm not willing to sacrifice my 250+ hour 100% complete save to find out. Like I read the thing that said you couldn't change but I figured that meant that that character could only be a single class at a time and not that you were actually just locking the character to be that class.

What the fuck man death by suicide is stupid. Jump off a a few feet and you die. It's a lot less than the SP.
And defenders in C&D shouldnt be able to stealth camo

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sleep Grenades are utterly pointless. I dunno why I use them. I always get shot to death before anyone even gets stunned.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
That enforcer ability that drops a grenade when you die doesn't activate if someone kills you with CQC? lol

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
If it did that would kind of be an instant kill ?

Sort of, but you have to have a grenade remaining for it to work. It wouldn't kill them if you were using a non-lethal grenade also.

But I mean its utility is kind of limited if it only activates via bullet or explosion deaths.

I do think it would be annoying if it activate upon CQC but the blast radius of grenades seems small enough that you could probably dive out of the way and not die.

Saturday

hory shit suddenly everything's horrible forever now that C&D matches shifted into maximum overdrive. people are dying left and right before, what, the 2 minute mark? nuts.

I've been having bad luck with teams all night. Four guys legit all just standing around watching me when I'm getting fultoned off with a +9 bounty, then shooting a guy guy I fultoned with a +8 that could have saved the match for us.

Spinluck

I'm surprised people are complaining more about C&D defenders being allowed stealth camo and not Night Vision. I think both are dumb but when defending I find NV way more useful than stealth.

the reason i don't like it is because they literally just charge you from the get go.

I was making strides towards one of the disk only to find that my entire team got flanked and struggled against two infiltrators with a shotgun and the other an assault rifle.

that and it just stacks even more against attackers. whats the point of the invisibility if they can just use it too?

catbrush

In most C&D games no one is careful enough. The whole team charges and is mowed down, leaving the one player who doesn't think they're playing CoD to lone wolf it. The mad dash with the disc never ends well...

Overall, very fun. I really like how the single player sneaking translates to multiplayer. I just hope the game is properly supported.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Do what all the level 30s are doing and go in a lobby with your friend and interrogate each other nonstop.

Hatchtag

Banned
Do what all the level 30s are doing and go in a lobby with your friend and interrogate each other nonstop.

You've gotta be fuckin kidding me lol. How long does that take?

Anyways man, if you've got a minute wait time between matches, alert the fucking player better when the match finally starts so they don't get fucked into the wrong loadout. So irritating when this happens.

Vek

Would someone kindly add me to the gaf ps4 community? Psn id: TGMouse

On another note, gear you buy - does it carry between characters? Like if I buy aviators on one character can another equip them too?

really dont know how i feel about this. definitely does not seem fun especially with lag and weird design choices like taking 1 minute to get out of a stun/sleep

Gorillaz

Had a pretty good night so far with BH and CnD. Im starting to get the hang of what they probably thinking when making MGO3. Alot of the meta game seem focused on you having a nice amount of shit unlocked and being at a certain level to have enough wiggle room to deal with shit

Problem is they made the actual leveling up a pain in the ass with the way things unlock. The one thing you can say about modern MP games, especially shooters, is the fact that you can still have fun with the limited stuff you get at level one. Alot of the metagame feels like it is so focused on people staying with it and leveling up that I can see it very easily turning people off within an hour. Not to mention launch issues and mechanic bullshit like the overall philosophy of cloak and how it almost never breaks despite getting shot at.

It's like they went into this thinking of people playing it in the long term, yet they have a history of giving up on MGO updates after like 2 months. I can't tell and probably neither can they, what direction they are actually heading with this and how long support will be.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
My PSN is Spiffy_Giffy. Just take a look at my profile and you'll find the community from there.

Looks like I'm fucked; I have the Japanese version so when I look at your profile, the community doesn't even show up! I only see 3 communities, none of them MGO related... Thanks for trying to help though!

If anyone is playing now, please add Pak38 for some games. Seems that will be the only way I can play with you guys. I'm in the the CST timezone.

Top Bottom