• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Alienous

How do you use MB coins?

Tap 'SQUARE' on an equipped weapon or piece of gear.

That should let you change the colours of that thing. Sometimes tapping R1 will let you change a secondary colour.

Camo seems to use the regular MP points. Solid colours (like blue, or pink, or gold) use MB coins. Apparently Ascension gives your more colour options, probably things like allowing you to get a gold gun skin with MB coins.

Tap 'SQUARE' on an equipped weapon or piece of gear.

That should let you change the colours of that thing. Sometimes tapping R1 will let you change a secondary colour.

Camo seems to use the regular MP points. Solid colours (like blue, or pink, or gold) use MB coins. Apparently Ascension gives your more colour options, probably things like allowing you to get a gold gun skin with MB coins.

Cool, thanks!

fritzo

so the PS4 DLC for the Collector's edition is finally available. Got my Rex Hat, Gold MRS, and Gold Wu Pistol. But where's the Bonus XP. According to Konami's twitter it comes with the Rex Hat. What does that mean? Does it mean wearing it grants me bonus xp during a match or something? Is it for the first initial play through of MGO; because I gets nothing with my current avatar.

https://twitter.com/Konami/status/652611598981304320

@Konami
Alert: MGSV:TPP CE PlayStation Owners - Go to the PlayStation Store, the MGO items are now available and your Exp boost is with the Rex head

Alienous

so the PS4 DLC for the Collector's edition is finally available. Got my Rex Hat, Gold MRS, and Gold Wu Pistol. But where's the Bonus XP. According to Konami's twitter it comes with the Rex Hat. What does that mean? Does it mean wearing it grants me bonus xp during a match or something?

https://twitter.com/Konami/status/652611598981304320

If it's anything like the Day One edition code the game should recognize your XP bonus when you log into MGO3.

Rizzi

You have been disconnected from session.

Such stellar matchmaking.

Such stellar matchmaking.

It worse when it tricks you into thinking you got into a match only to find out you 'disconnect' after about 30 seconds of perfectly lag-free gameplay

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
When they're good, I love them. (as an enforcer)

Haha I actually keep changing away from scout to enforcer if the team has a couple of scouts already but the marking usually ends up lacking.

I think hiding out doing nothing besides marking most of a round is more useful than people might imagine.

Most Scouts sure are bad at marking :(
That's because the marking mechanic is... not good.

Guy too far? Can't mark. (How far is too far? Who the fuck knows!)
Guy running around like a coked-up adhd rabbit? Can't track, can't mark.
The smallest thing breaks your line-of-sight for 0.01sec? Can't mark.

I played Scout all day today and marking is way too finicky, even with Sniper3 and the skill to mark faster.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
That's because the marking mechanic is... not good.

Guy too far? Can't mark. (How far is too far? Who the fuck knows!)
Guy running around like a coked-up adhd rabbit? Can't track, can't mark.
The smallest thing breaks your line-of-sight for 0.01sec? Can't mark.

I played Scout all day today and marking is way too finicky, even with Sniper3 and the skill to mark faster.

The only thing I dislike about marking is how long cloaked people take to mark. The fact that you have to track them for literally 6+ seconds, while they're moving, and without line of sight breaking, is pretty long. It should at least shorten it if you turn night vision on, since it's obvious you can see them.

It's funny when a guy is cloaked and on a Walker Gear and it still takes forever to mark. Hmm I wonder if someone is riding that :v

13randO

The only thing I dislike about marking is how long cloaked people take to mark. The fact that you have to track them for literally 6+ seconds, while they're moving, and without line of sight breaking, is pretty long. It should at least shorten it if you turn night vision on, since it's obvious you can see them.

It's funny when a guy is cloaked and on a Walker Gear and it still takes forever to mark. Hmm I wonder if someone is riding that :v

The walker gear gained sentience and was merely helping out the other team. No soldier to mark, really.

I'm sorry...

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is anyone here actually good at sniping? I haven't tried it much, but the assault rifles don't feel inaccurate enough at range to make me want to make myself 100% more vulnerable and immobile by using a sniper rifle.

The walker gear gained sentience and is merely helping out the other team. No soldier to mark, really.

I'm sorry...

(._. )

Rizzi

This would be a lot better if it had regional matchmaking, didn't disconnect me 90% of the time when I'm looking for a game, and the stuns didn't take a literal eternity to wear off.

Why does my CQC randomly decide to break when I try to interrogate people sometimes?

This damn buggy laggy ass mess ;_;

based on the beginner tips on r/mgo it could be this

After multiple games of getting frustrated with grabbing someone interrogating, then trying to throw them to the ground/choking them out, but I end up letting them go. I assumed there was a bug/lag going on because my first interrogate, I immediately stunned-> fulton'd them. But I clearly had a hold of a person that didn't utilize their break free action. I went into a 1v1 much with my buddy, and we tested that you really only have enough time to interrogate or to stun if they are correctly spamming (Y, triangle). Two things out of this:
Defender: If you are grabbed spam your top button (Y, triangle). If the opponent decides to interrogate, they shouldn't be able to also stun-> fulton you. It is crazy how fast you actually get out of their grip.
Attacker: If you decide to interrogate, be ready for them to break free. I have not been able to immediately regrab so don't just stand there and try.

jsnepo

Either I encountered my first cheater or it's a perk or skill. This player simply cannot die. If you aim at him, the crosshair is green. I played it on PS3.

Anyone else on PS3? The PC version is still three months away. =(

Basketball

You get nothing from Ascension 2/3 apparently other than colors and more GP

but the MGO twitter said that there will be an update with more items and gear (hats and tactical swimwear)

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Either I encountered my first cheater or it's a perk or skill. This player simply cannot die. If you aim at him, the crosshair is green. I played it on PS3.

Anyone else on PS3? The PC version is still three months away. =(

PS3 crew o/

aember

You get nothing from Ascension 2/3 apparently other than colors and more GP

but the MGO twitter said that there will be an update with more items and gear (hats and tactical swimwear)
I only saw news about Ascension 2 last night, where'd you hear about 3?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'm not sure what I expected from my first ever MGO experience but I do wish it gave you the option to try each class a couple of times before deciding. Hell, even just to change your class even once.

Also, am I a moron or is there no option to go back to TPP without closing the application and rebooting the game?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Please make it so someone can't have a buddy spawn on them if they are getting shot / near an enemy / in someone's line of sight or something.

The list of things they need to patch for the game to not be poo is getting lengthy :^)

Also, am I a moron or is there no option to go back to TPP without closing the application and rebooting the game?

Hold select or whatever the PS4 equivalent is.

aember

Wish I could share my luck with the Automatching with everyone here who's having connection issues. Out of the last 40 games, I've had 3 or 4 host disconnects and 2 connection failures. Having a pretty great time with the game.

Kqh

Neo Member
Okay I just learned there was a GAF group. If someone can kindly add me into it, that'd be fantastic.
PSNId : Kqhos

Thanks a lot !

Mik2121

Is there some playlist or some mode where I can play with people without visibility? One thing is not showing in the radar (which I'm cool with), another is not even showing on the screen (or being quite hard to tell, anyway). I played a match and it's like almost everyone was invisible except for me because I don't even have the skill yet. I killed a few people, but honestly, they killed me more since when shooting at each other they wouldn't even become visible.
For such a "realistic" game otherwise, the invisibility stuff is just so incredibly silly.

What's the deal with silencers on the tranq gun? I had it, then edited a load out and it's gone. I made a new character slot, and the silenced tranq is there, so I don't know what happened.

Add me up. Let's play. PSN ID is jsnepo.

How do you set up a party or at least an invite for the PS3 version?
I'll add you later, if that's okay. Been looking for PS3 people.

RK9039

What's the deal with silencers on the tranq gun? I had it, then edited a load out and it's gone. I made a new character slot, and the silenced tranq is there, so I don't know what happened.

I'll add you later, if that's okay. Been looking for PS3 people.

It's an attachment, press triangle in the weapons loadout screen.

Top Bottom