• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Tell me please after joining MGO community on ps4 - is there a way to find community matches only? like a new filter or should I see community members playing - just join in? Gathering here seems not fun, with time zones and stuff.
thanks in advance.
I hope you're ready for my heavy russian accent.

Alienous

Tell me please after joining MGO community on ps4 - is there a way to find community matches only? like a new filter or should I see community members playing - just join in? Gathering here seems not fun, with time zones and stuff.
thanks in advance.
I hope you're ready for my heavy russian accent.

If you're in the 'MGO GAF' community you should be able to start a party from the community screen. That'll let fellow community members join.

You should also be able to join a party if it exists. Its on the leftmost part of the community screen.

If you're in the 'MGO GAF' community you should be able to start a party from the community screen. That'll let fellow community members join.

You should also be able to join a party if it exists. Its on the leftmost part of the community screen.

thanks for explaining. I'm still at work and just wondered how the system works.

wilsonda

I ran into a couple of moments this morning when playing bounty hunter...

When both my teamate and an enemy are cloaked and locked in a cqc hold... it can be tough to tell who is on the winning end especially in the middle of a huge firefight where I'm also tracking other targets.

In those cases I will normally spray AR fire just to make sure my teamate isn't getting killed. I think this does lead me to kill some enemies when they were actually being held up. Is there a better solution? Can I cqc an enemy if he has my teamate in a cqc hold?

fritzo

Has anyone gotten there MGO DLC code from PSN? I've chatted with Sony and Amazon and made a support ticket for Konami. Nothing yet. Anyone gotten it yet?

Menthuss

When both my teamate and an enemy are cloaked and locked in a cqc hold... it can be tough to tell who is on the winning end especially in the middle of a huge firefight where I'm also tracking other targets.

In those cases I will normally spray AR fire just to make sure my teamate isn't getting killed. I think this does lead me to kill some enemies when they were actually being held up. Is there a better solution? Can I cqc an enemy if he has my teamate in a cqc hold?

Yes.

dukeoflegs

I just can't deal with the lag anymore with MGO. The few times I didn't have lag it is a fun game, had flashbacks of playing socom2 levels of fun, but I'll probably come back after they do an update.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, but... it is incredibly easy to see. They might as well not be using stealth. You can see it from across the entire map with no added difficulty.

I'd like to see you try to find infiltrators on PS3 with that downgraded resolution.

Coming from PC with native 1080p+ resolution to sub-720 (more like sub-500p) resolution on PS3 is OOF.

You can see them, if they aren't a blur. And you aren't being rushed to where you nail them before lag P2P connections fuck you over and CQC SUPERSLAM->Fulton you.

Seriously, Infiltrators are the worst thing in the game currently until netcode (and PS3 resolution increases) fixes happen.

I just can't deal with the lag anymore with MGO. The few times I didn't have lag it is a fun game, had flashbacks of playing socom2 levels of fun, but I'll probably come back after they do an update.
If you've got good internet then make your own match. It's a player host game so the lag is almost entirely dependent on the hosts connection.

Icefire1424

Mentioning this in the event there's someone else out there that missed this.

If you press the "dive" button whole shouldering your weapon it will switch back and forth between your primary and secondary weapons. Useful if you empty your primary and you need to switch over to your secondary quickly to finish off an enemy.

Mentioning this in the event there's someone else out there that missed this.

If you press the "dive" button whole shouldering your weapon it will switch back and forth between your primary and secondary weapons. Useful if you empty your primary and you need to switch over to your secondary quickly to finish off an enemy.
You can also fiddle with the options to make it so it cycles through Primary - Secondary - Support too.

I feel stupid, but how do I play this on PC? And by that I mean, where do I launch it? I don't see anything in the main MGSV game... I don't see anything in my Steam library.

NeoGiff

I think a 100% safe bet would be to dive into them both. It'll knock the enemy down, and then you'll be prone anyway which is underrated in and of itself.

Arttemis

That video didn't really show anything unique to enforcers, though. He shoots a bunch of people in the back, takes out another with only a few bullets grazing him, continues to shoot more people that are missing. Then gets taken out with a strike that would take out any other class. That doesn't show anything unique to the Enforcer class other than the weapon he was using.

How can I join the GAF community?

Also have people been posting about how awesome their character looks?

Also in order to get the best gear do I have to pay with real money for points?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I feel stupid, but how do I play this on PC? And by that I mean, where do I launch it? I don't see anything in the main MGSV game... I don't see anything in my Steam library.

You don't. Janurary is when PC is coming. Yes, it's mind boggling why there's a delay and they haven't given a reason.

Pray it gets anti-cheat though. If F.O.B. is anything to go by.

That video didn't really show anything unique to enforcers, though. He shoots a bunch of people in the back, takes out another with only a few bullets grazing him, continues to shoot more people that are missing. Then gets taken out with a strike that would take out any other class. That doesn't show anything unique to the Enforcer class other than the weapon he was using.

What is Unique about the Enforcer besides the LMG PEW PEW PEW laser gun and Riot Shield? I honestly have no clue what equipment his has (smoke? Sleep Mines I guess) that make him more than the "PEW PEW PEW" class.

RK9039

After playing this a lot I've started to really miss MGO2 :(

You can definitely tell the difference between the two teams, East vs West. One was basically a third person Counter Strike with really creative modes and mechanics and was completely brutal for new players to get into, this new one is like a third person COD game. I am having some fun with it though.

After this beta on consoles finishes.

What is Unique about the Enforcer besides the LMG PEW PEW PEW laser gun and Riot Shield? I honestly have no clue what equipment his has (smoke? Sleep Mines I guess) that make him more than the "PEW PEW PEW" class.
Takes longer to die, I think they wake up from stuns faster?

Yushi

Excellent option... I've seen many people diving to counter cqc so that makes sense

100% Most infiltrator will come from the back. As an enforcer, if I get a warning that someone is near by, my camera is always looking together the back. The moment he gets near, I dive and kill him.

Shouta

Nope.

Unpredictable TTK's are shitty for multiplayer. Skills that give you more health, or allow you to do more damage, are shit.

But that's what Tank does already anyway. Reducing damage taken from explosions gives you more effective health. Granted, it's explosions but still. I don't really see a big issue with a 3 slot tank skill giving like 10-15% more health. That's like 2 more hits to kill an enforcer and still one headshot, lol.

I definitely need to get to the UN-AAM. The other two aren't nearly as good. Also, that situation is awesome as Enforcer though because of bullet capacity.

Gaz_RB

I have an issue with the implementation of Stealth Camo.

Yes, there are workarounds.

Yes, skilled play can nullify it.

But it doesn't do what it should: encourage stealth.

It has a battery that, as far as I can tell, drains at a uniform rate regardless of what the player does. What this says, tacitly, is move. Run. Sprint. Make the most of your time while 90% invisible.

Instead of encouraging patience, wit, and tactical movement it encourages super-aggressive play as the best way to make use if it.

This is a game mechanic that has been implemented by many developers. There's an unspoken consensus on how to do it. Invisibility should become less viable the faster your move and the harder you shoot. MGO's mechanics should reflect that, and we'd have Stealth Camo used for stealth, not just being used to be hard to see.

100% agree with this post. I don't mind stealth camo and there are definitely ways around it, but it's current form is not the best it could be.

Top Bottom