• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Saturday

Defensive Infiltrators taking out entire teams? not likely. Happens, but not often.

Two-man cells of Infiltrators? They'll fuck you up.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Non-Lethal Aim+2 sounds weird.

Increased accuracy with non-lethal primary and secondary weapons.
Faster non-lethal weapon raise speed and decreased lethal weapon weight to increase mobility.

Why did they make it affect lethal weapons?
So that you can pair a primary non lethal like the Bullhorn with a heavy secondary submachine gun like the Macht 37 without sacrificing your weight/speed.

It is an issue or else you wouldnt see a tons of complaints

fastest speed + camo + assault rifle that doesnt deactivate stealth when fired + CQC + camo can bascially be on the entire match = cheap as fuck

konjak

It is an issue or else you wouldnt see a tons of complaints

fastest speed + camo + assault rifle that doesnt deactivate stealth when fired = cheap as fuck

All the C&D games I play pretty much always end in infiltrator team dying. If they win, it's usually from points, not successful disc drops.

I'm really terrible at this game and I feel fine with most of these things (except maybe sleep grenade launher, that thing should've been flash grenades, not something that lingers)

Kysen

Why are people crying about stealth when it is blatantly obvious when someone is using it.
Play with headphones and turn off the game music.

Also whose idea was it to have every starting out outfit being jet black when many of the maps are light tones. Everyone sticks out way too much.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Stealth Camo is nullified by the E.Locator.

But the E.Locator needs nerfing. That means Stealth Camo needs nerfing too.

Only nerf I would give the e-locator is half the throw range.

They straight up give away who threw them and where they were when thrown. Using an elocator is basically letting the other team use one on yourself for free.

Spinluck

Why are people crying about stealth when it is blatantly obvious when someone is using it.
Play with headphones and turn off the game music.

Also whose idea was it to have every starting out outfit being jet black when many of the maps are light tones. Everyone sticks out way too much.

Yeah it's our fault for playing with music and not wanting to put headphones on all the time. Konami has dropped such a well designed, thought out, and balanced online mode. And yes, we are crying. Blatantly, obvious that camo is, might as well not even try in C&D as an attacker.

You're on to something guy.

Alienous

Only nerf I would give the e-locator is half the throw range.

They straight up give away who threw them and where they were when thrown. Using an elocator is basically letting the other team use one on yourself for free.

Come on, now.

Why isn't throwing E-Locators a losing strategy, then?

Alienous

I shoot people from a full map away with my heavy machine gun that just throw them out no cares in the world.

And they never get you?

EDIT:
It doesn't matter if your cover is blown. You, and your teammates, get to see if there are enemies in an area, or if there aren't and that area is safe. For ages. And you can throw out 3+ of these. 3+ confirmed safe or dangerous zones, and those dangerous zones let you see enemies through cover.

That fundamentally changes the game flow. For the worse, IMO.

And you think the range is the only issue?

EDIT 2:
If you upload footage of how E-Locators and Stealth Camo are irrelevant in a match you've played perhaps I'll be able to see where you're coming from.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
And they never get you?

I typically die 2 or 3 times a game so no and even if I got tagged by one it's not the end of the world. I just play like I know people know where I am and bait people out with C4 or other things class dependant.

Not to mention if someone gets close to me I hear a super loud DING

EDIT:
It doesn't matter if your cover is blown. You, and your teammates, get to see if there are enemies in an area, or if there aren't and that area is safe. For ages. And you can throw out 3+ of these. 3+ confirmed safe or dangerous zones, and those dangerous zones let you see enemies through cover.

And you think the range is the only issue?

Yes, Im not bad at the game. Another downside is E-locators dont mark until they hit the ground.

Alienous

Using E-Locators I think they mark while airborne.

EDIT:
Just checked some of my footage and the first 5 seconds confirmed the above.

Mature

Every round in bounty hunter lol

RbBy91d.jpg

Alienous

Hmm never got marked when I booked it when I saw some coming to me

That wouldn't mean they don't mark in the air, which they do.

Anyway, I'd be interested in seeing how you deal with E.Locators and Stealth Camo. I don't think I've dealt with any players as unfazed by it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That doesn't mean they don't mark in the air, which they do.

Anyway, I'd be interested in seeing how you deal with E.Locators and Stealth Camo. I don't think I've dealt with any players as unfazed by it.

It would be the most boring thing to watch ever. I play a very slow moving defensive enforcer.

REgmWXT.gif

GodofWine

Anyone else see someone hop on a mortar and spam it like crazy...wow. There should be some cool down on those, it was oddly funny, yet infuriating. I marked the guy, but no one took his head off.

Frenden

Banned
Yeah. Like I said earlier, they both need tweaks. And doing one independent of the other is just going to make the one that didn't get a tweak too powerful. Both need work.

Mature

yep, but apparently the class is not OP at all lol

anytime i see a match with nothing but them i know we about to get steamrolled
I don't think they're even OP because they're constantly invisible. I have a harder time with Fulton*3 + Launcher. Fulton someone with minimal effort and very little chance of them being saved.

shinn623

yep, but apparently the class is not OP at all lol

anytime i see a match with nothing but them i know we about to get steamrolled

That is why I changed my main to scout temporarily until the slew of infiltrators either disappear or change classes. Scout with optics is incredible. Plus I just try to mark everyone to make it easier for the rest of the team. This of course only generally works on non-daytime maps only.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That is why I changed my main to scout temporarily until the slew of infiltrators either disappear or change classes. Scout with optics is incredible. Plus I just try to mark everyone to make it easier for the rest of the team. This of course only generally works on non-daytime maps only.

NVG lets you mark people who are stealth so it' still really good on daytime maps

MAX PAYMENT

Why don't Snake and Ocelot appear in automatching?

Also, which dumbass thought that Rush C&D is in anyway a good idea? Literally defeats the entire purpose of the mode, especially in Black Site and Red Fortress.

I feel like there's potential for absolute greatness here, but it's under piles and piles of shit. Some of the most baffling design choices I've ever seen.

Did they seriously open up an entirely new studio and have been working on this for almost 2 years? And this is the best they could come up with?

Ayyyy lmao

They do appear in auto matchmaking.

lifa-cobex

It seems defenders having Stealth Camo in C@D is very unwelcome in most forums I've been in.
I would take a stab in the dark and say it might be patched in the future.
It does seem silly to have.

NeoGiff

Just had another great session with GAFfers. I've adopted a new strategy when using Ocelot, because it looks so cool. Can someone GIF the first one in this clip? Scared the shit out of nocturne.

Action Dive Ocelot

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I have to wonder... why in the hell can't you join into a friends free roam session and have fun no worries gunfights while you talk about what match you wanna get into??? Would be great for practice and such.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I've been playing non-stop since release and I still haven't seen a single Snake or Ocelot in any match.

Maybe it's too much for PS3 to handle ( ≖‿≖)

Fupri

Banned
I've been playing non-stop since release and I still haven't seen a single Snake or Ocelot in any match.

Maybe it's too much for PS3 to handle ( ≖‿≖)
I played as Ocelot today & I saw Snakes on the other teams :S (On PS3). Snake could use the rocket arm/blast arm & Ocelot has a shield & his revolvers..

Anyway, people are just spamming sleep grenades & placed fulton mines now -__-

Top Bottom