• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Hosts probably disable them

Yeah guess that's it.

Anyway, people are just spamming sleep grenades & placed fulton mines now -__-

That's why you should become a Scout and stay away from danger :^)

Related to Fulton Mines / Launchers whatever they are, I wish I could mark them for people. I don't want to give my position away sometimes to shoot when I see them, but I can't really alert people to their presence at all.

Xiraiya

The MGSV controls thread reminded me of a thought I had, I doubt Konami in any capacity see or care about the potential. But I see insane potential for MGO as a "platform" rather than a game, a foundation in which to improve on endlessly, if they keep refining and tweaking what's already there, listening to fans and then expand upon it with expansion packs or whatever other stuff you might need to pay for, it could become a thing that is played for probably well over half a decade and still somewhat relevant even then.

It could really be something unto it's self that could end up bigger and greater than the game it's based on, however as I said I doubt Konami care about that.

RK9039

The MGSV controls thread reminded me of a thought I had, I doubt Konami in any capacity see or care about the potential. But I see insane potential for MGO as a "platform" rather than a game, a foundation in which to improve on endlessly, if they keep refining and tweaking what's already there, listening to fans and then expand upon it with expansion packs or whatever other stuff you might need to pay for, it could become a thing that is played for probably well over half a decade and still somewhat relevant even then.

It could really be something unto it's self that could end up bigger and greater than the game it's based on, however as I said I doubt Konami care about that.

MGO2 was only planned for 3 years. It lasted an extra 2 years because the community kept that game alive, they even planned one final expansion for that game but in the end they had to terminate the servers.

I really don't see this new one lasting 5 years seeing how they are prioritizing new things now.

Xiraiya

MGO2 was only planned for 3 years. It lasted an extra year because the community kept that game alive, they even planned one final expansion for that game but in the end they had to terminate the servers.

I really don't see this new one lasting 5 years seeing how they are prioritizing new things now.
I don't disagree, I'm just pointing out that the potential is there given the foundation of MGSV's gameplay and the Fox Engine.

RK9039

Alienous

MGO3 does have a lot of potential, but yeah, it's doubtful it'll realise that.

You really couldn't ask for a more solid foundation to build upon that MGSV's mechanics and MGO3 as it exists now.

You'd hope Konami would follow Rockstar Games' example and see the viability in making a platform out of a game that has monthly content people return for, and thus can exist based on the microtransactions a few decide to buy.

MGO2 was only planned for 3 years. It lasted an extra 2 years because the community kept that game alive, they even planned one final expansion for that game but in the end they had to terminate the servers.

What was the final DLC going to be?
Always wanted a Young Solid, Big Boss, Eva and The Boss as special characters.

TheBoss1

Had so much fun last night with GAF members and others. You gotta team up with people who have mics and the game becomes so good as a result.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'm still not finding infiltrators to be unfair in any game type.

Personally I don't care about them as C&D defenders like most people seem to, but the shooting and getting shot at and maintaining cloak is dumb.

And the amount of time it takes to mark them as a Scout is the worst, particularly since Bounty Hunter is more often than not being made up of teams that are mostly, if not completely, Infiltrators. If I can't mark the enemies for my team, there's no real point in being a Scout.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is the Scout/Sniper class worth getting into? Im playing enforcer right now and Im not liking the LMG's (Too much recoil for my taste)

I like it purely for Night Vision and marking people. The sniper rifles are kind of shitty but if you want to snipe I suggest not using automatch because it's impossible to snipe well on Rush maps.

Is the Scout/Sniper class worth getting into? Im playing enforcer right now and Im not liking the LMG's (Too much recoil for my taste)

Not really unless you play with a team of people you know. You with most likely just get steamrolled by a team of infiltrators in Bounty Hunter as marking camo dudes is more hassle than worth

Yeah, I'm done with this until patching. Just not having a good time anymore now that people start abusing the actually stupid shit.
Do scouts have other weapons besides the sniper rifle?
They have a couple sidearms and the starting assault rifle. There's a semi auto normal rifle too but I dunno whats the point of it

So here my latest search results

Good connection servers running special characters: None.
Bad connection servers running special characters: 2

Day servers: 2, 4 player and 8 player.
Night servers: countless.

This is F-ing lame.

Reebot

Yeah, I'm done with this until patching. Just not having a good time anymore now that people start abusing the actually stupid shit.

We're reaching critical mass on that far faster than I thought.

I guess when its this broken it doesn't take long to catch on.

shinn623

I like it purely for Night Vision and marking people. The sniper rifles are kind of shitty but if you want to snipe I suggest not using automatch because it's impossible to snipe well on Rush maps.

Yeah agree with this. Hence I have 4 different loadouts I use that cover me for each map type and game type (obviously some overlap as far as utility still).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Any time Cloak and Dagger comes up now from automatching, I'm going to auto-quit. Not worth the hassle.

MAX PAYMENT

Personally I don't care about them as C&D defenders like most people seem to, but the shooting and getting shot at and maintaining cloak is dumb.

And the amount of time it takes to mark them as a Scout is the worst, particularly since Bounty Hunter is more often than not being made up of teams that are mostly, if not completely, Infiltrators. If I can't mark the enemies for my team, there's no real point in being a Scout.

I've never played scout. So I guess that does make sense. I do think some tweaks should be made.

But I've never had a problem with killing infiltrators.

I really want them to remake a few classic maps, these ones are pretty weak. There is next to no thought put into the layout. Or, maybe lots of though just inexperience.

Gorillaz

Notice lots of noobs when using custom game search. Can't complain though. Easy and fast exp compared to automatch.

started a match on jade forest and I swear the god my team got destroyed by the mortars for 2 mins straight

not one of them thought to mark the ocelot on the other team....had to move up closer as snake to fuck them up. Straight up idiots lol

Saturday

4 hours worth of playtime, level 11, and I'm beginning to hate C&D with a fury. Ah well, I committed to only playing it, so.. here's some map opinions! concerning C&D, of course.

Amber Station- It feels like it should be the most balanced map, being sufficiently close-quarters but having lots of verticality to it. Some chokepoints are brutal, though. Second-least played, I'd really like to go at it more.

Red Fortress- God, I love and hate this map. That fort seems nigh-impenetrable on the ramparts, and the lower levels become a mess pretty quickly once you're spotted. The outlying areas are great, though. Except the variant where you can end the match as an attacker in literally a minute or so by running through the underground passage, grabbing the disc, and back down the passage. That's some grade-A bullshit.

Black Site- If people make it inside the base, it can get pretty crazy. Otherwise I find it's the map for defenders to go ham and not guard the discs to go headhunt. Lots of good ways to enter the base, though.

Jade Forest- Maaaann, this map is evil. It's the only one out of all these maps where I think there's proper spacing, because more often than not defenders get some good views of the entire map, so attackers actually have to get their crap together. I've played this one the least, though.

Gray Rampart- It's easy to just camp the discs and have the place on lockdown but otherwise I find this map the one where attackers gain the most ground. I like the drop points in this one, even if you have people on top of the points it's still possible to get the drop on them.

Demoskinos

Played a bunch on my Scout tonight. Love just marking people and watching my team all simultaneously reign death down on them. Really hassled the other team and when they kept trying to sneak up on me D-Dog was watching my back. >=D

Top Bottom