• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Neiteio

A friend is coming over and we'll take turns playing. Is there no way to access options in PS4 version to invert/devert y-axis? Holding the touchpad or options button on PS4 doesn't bring up the game settings.

Reebot

A friend is coming over and we'll take turns playing. Is there no way to access options in PS4 version to invert/devert y-axis? Holding the touchpad or options button on PS4 doesn't bring up the game settings.

Pressing the lower left bit of the pad should bring up options

Man, enforcers are fucking badass.

My dude is still lv6, so I don't even have the actually broken shit and I still think that.

Don't sleep on them in Comm Control.

Can't wait until those people find out what awaits them at the end of the yellow ascension road then.

Yeah, not even going to bother with ascension just like I don't bother with doing it with other games. Wish they just kept the ranking system.

Ascend as infiltrator and get the penis suit. No thanks.

NeoGiff

t0x7Coj.gif

Shouta

Four.

That's an LMG right? I'm on my way to that and I've really taken to one of the LMGs

Yeah, it's an LMG that you unlock in the mid-20s. It's really good with the lethal weapon trait and the attachments. Even better when you're prone.

The other LMGs are really good with that setup as well but the UN-AAM shoots much faster.

I really don't get why people go with rush maps. Whatever semblance of level design gets thrown completely out of the window and it just becomes full chaos.

It's the flaw of carrot on a stick leveling/unlocking.

Players seek out meat grinders to do it as fast as possible, since they're playing to level up and unlock stuff instead of playing for fun.

A system plucked straight out of garbage game design.

Demoskinos

It's the flaw of carrot on a stick leveling/unlocking.

Players seek out meat grinders to do it as fast as possible, since they're playing to level up and unlock stuff instead of playing for fun.

A system plucked straight out of garbage game design.

I happen to like the rush maps. I don't think its because anyone is trying to grind. Its the same reason Nuketown has been one of the most popular maps in Call of Duty history. Small crowded maps lead to some fun exciting chaos. That might not be what everyone is looking for with this but I don't mind them as long as the rotation of maps includes some full sized ones as well.

I happen to like the rush maps. I don't think its because anyone is trying to grind. Its the same reason Nuketown has been one of the most popular maps in Call of Duty history. Small crowded maps lead to some fun exciting chaos. That might not be what everyone is looking for with this but I don't mind them as long as the rotation of maps includes some full sized ones as well.

Nuketown is a meat grinder map, fastest way to level up/unlock everything.

Same reason garbage like Operation Metro in BF3/4 is played so much, it's everything wrong with modern BF map design, no vehicles, completely linear. Yet played so much because gotta grind that meat.

wiibomb

I thought I was bad at FOB until I discovered MGO3.. my goodness.. it has been an onslaught over me, any videos with tips about this? I chosed the sniper class, don't remember how it was called

GodofWine

What's great about this game is that you can spend 90% of the round sneaking around, looking for the big payoff, and just when it looks bleak, BOOM you grab a dude of a walker, then turn and knock out a rushing infiltrator, balloon them, win match, top leader board.

Frenden

Banned
What's great about this game is that you can spend 90% of the round sneaking around, looking for the big payoff, and just when it looks bleak, BOOM you grab a dude of a walker, then turn and knock out a rushing infiltrator, balloon them, win match, top leader board.

Yeah. One of my best matches so far has been after running out of ammo with a shield toting Enforcer. I proceeded to sprint around and CQC people for a solid few minutes and get four or five takedowns in rapid succession. It was a surprisingly effective blast to come from a position of little hope to toppling the enemy with my hands.

I tried to play this game again but it's just such a collossal waste of time.

Failed matchmaking.

Load Times.

Games where the host disconnects after dying in the first round and doesn't want to wait.

Games where the host disconnects because he lost.

Games where the game just disconnects you for no reason.

Games where you're fully outclassed by a team working together who have better equipment.

I feel like for every hour I spend with this mode i am going to get 15 minutes of runaround. Unless they fix this they can shut the servers down tomorrow and i won't care.

The sneaking vs lethal mode is a lot of fun when it works though.

what do i do when i run out of ammo?
pick some up off a dead guy or get ready to do some judo.

I tried to play this game again but it's just such a collossal waste of time.
Failed matchmaking.
Load Times.
Games where the host disconnects after dying in the first round and doesn't want to wait.
Games where the host disconnects because he lost.
Games where the game just disconnects you for no reason.
Games where you're fully outclassed by a team working together who have better equipment.
I feel like for every hour I spend with this mode i am going to get 15 minutes of runaround. Unless they fix this they can shut the servers down tomorrow and i won't care.
The sneaking vs lethal mode is a lot of fun when it works though.
Host your own if you don't want to deal with bad hosts, it also avoids the failed connection problem, which is also mostly avoided by going to the third page of the search list anyways. And I'd certainly hope a team that's working together is outperforming a team who isn't.

Yeah hair and beard options are garbage. 4 generic short hairstyles for male characters. Wow. Customization in general sucks. The gear sucks. The only thing I cared enough to save GP up for was the aviators. MGO twitter said we'd be getting stuff like the animal hats soon though.

Also, if you want faster GP just play automatch. You get 50 for loss and 100 for win. Non-automatch gives you 10 and 20.
Also what happens with ascension? You go back to level 1 right? What else?

Yeah hair and beard options are garbage.
If you want faster GP just play automatch. You get 50 for loss and 100 for win. Non-automatch gives you 10 and 20.
First ascension gives you 10k GP and a special class suit - ghillie for scouts, battle dress for enforcers, sneaking suit for infiltrators - plus a new helmet. Second and third ascensions give you more GP and extra colors for your special suit and that's the cap.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Yeah hair and beard options are garbage.
If you want faster GP just play automatch. You get 50 for loss and 100 for win. Non-automatch gives you 10 and 20.

You get ugly clothing and GP bonus depending on ascension level.

First ascension gives you 10k GP and a special class suit - ghillie for scouts, battle dress for enforcers, sneaking suit for infiltrators - plus a new helmet. Second and third ascensions give you more GP and extra colors for your special suit and that's the cap.
You get ugly clothing and GP bonus depending on ascension level.
...lol
What kind of sneaking suit? Snake's or just a generic one?

Mature

Maybe they will add some more like they are doing with those hats/outfits.
They added some hair styles in MGO2 if i'm remembering correctly (could have just been the afro wig). I'd love for this game to be refined and built upon with expansions and new content, but I absolutely am not counting on it.

So the if gear is purely cosmetic, why the hell do the descriptions make it sound like they do something? It has to be that they couldn't get the stuff in time for release.

Wow. Disappointing
Does ascension give you more weapon slots? Like being able to equip 2 secondary weapons and more than 1 grenade?
I believe you get that from equipping lethal/non lethal 3.

Ascension gives you jack shit aside from the one costume, some colors, some GP and a little star on your name.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I believe you get that from equipping lethal/non lethal 3.

Ascension gives you jack shit aside from the one costume and some colors.

But headdress!
beyond the 2nd prestige or so

But yeah, now that I've hit level 11 and they're wanting 4,000 or so EXP each level up now, I'm like "yeah, not worth doing all that bullshit a second time."

Top Bottom