• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

That's how you're supposed to play it really. Attackers weren't a joke in MGO2, they could fuck you up various ways without you even seeing anything. It's funny how the opposite is the case now.

nah the easiest and surefire way to play tsne was to abuse spot points on defense

Shouta

Man, the UN-AAM seriously is super powerful. I guess that's why they give it to Enforcers at 25. The sway & spread on it is lower than the LPG-61 and significantly lower than the ALM 48 meaning you can full auto it from half the map and still get folks without having to aim all that much. If you want, you can put the dot scope on, and lay prone and you'll get some serious accuracy using it at full throttle.

The ALM 48 is super super awful.

Resilient

Man, the more I play this the less like MG it feels.

This might be the biggest wasted potential for an online MP ever. They literally had all the tools they needed and completely wiffed it.

The unlocking system is garbage

It's an unbalanced joke

C&D is ruined since one of the few advantages you have in stealth camo as an attacker is usable by the other team. This allows them to go completely offensive.

E-LOLcators

Infiltrators, before I go into what's wrong with the class, I want to point out how silly some of the defenses for this class are. "Use headphones and turn off the music!" "Use this one exploit to stop another exploit!" "ARE YOU GUYS BLIND? YOU MEAN, YOU CAN'T SEE THE BLATANT OUTLINE AND LOUD DING THAT GOES OFF?" "My buddy is always there 100% of the time, no infiltrators will ever get the jump on us, no siree!"

Believe it or not, yes, stealth camo does make you harder to see. Yeah sometimes there is the idiot sprinting around that will reveal himself. Of course the class is beatable, and there are times where they can be easy to spot. The problem is early game they are clearly the best class, and if you don't have a scout that's fucking amazing at spotting and sniping, or a broken late game enforcer--then pack it up. I mean come the fuck on, invisibility and an assault rifle with a scope, that shit is a joke. They were supposed to be sneaky, but all it is--is people taking advantage of how lenient the game is with SC. Like it's supposed to be this tactical stealth team shooter, and it's just a mess. To me it starts with this class, because if they balanced it right then people wouldn't be succeeding with shit styles of play.

Then the walker in some instances is just a joke, these developers crack me up with some of the shit they thought was a good idea. The walker isn't as bad as initially reported since the community is finding better ways to take them down. But eventually you run across one that completely wrecks a game, comm zone, or spawn. The game shows bright spots when played with like minded people, but I'm not sure how long that will go on. I just don't get how Naughty Dog schooled the people in MGS at how to do a stealthy tac shooter, and there is a fucking wall hack in that game! Doing that run and gun bullshit gets you absolutely bodied in that game. (Inb4 then go play TLoU or if you hate it so much then why are you posting here). Maybe I should try some GAF matches, otherwise, I'm not touching it till they release some kind of patch for it just so I know it'll be supported.

Damn - I was a massive whiner like you a few pages back. But I gave it another shot, and played exclusively with 2-3 buddies last night (stuck in a group). The game is AWESOME and if they provide support, balancing and add new content, I'm gonna be playing this for a long time.

Infiltrator is absolutely, easy to counter. If Infiltrators are running in and killing you, especially in C+D, you're doing it wrong - if you use the Buddy Link system, or play with another person moving near you, what can they possibly do? The second you get hit, you should have another person on you to support.

If you play this game SOLO and don't work in tandem with other people, you're doomed to lose - notice that all the good players move in pairs or groups, and they dominate because of that. Not because of Stealth Camo.

Also, C+D as the Defending team (protecting the discs) is really simple, if you just protect your base. Don't try and smoke out the enemy - let them come to you. They get more points for stunning, or CQCing you. When you can easily just protect key corridors and pick them off. Marking + communication + the Buddy Link make this game really great. If you aren't using all the tools, don't be surprised if you start to get whooped by people who do.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Man, the UN-AAM seriously is super powerful. I guess that's why they give it to Enforcers at 25. The sway & spread on it is lower than the LPG-61 and significantly lower than the ALM 48 meaning you can full auto it from half the map and still get folks without having to aim all that much. If you want, you can put the dot scope on, and lay prone and you'll get some serious accuracy using it at full throttle.

The ALM 48 is super super awful.

Oh really. Guess which one the Infiltrators get :^)

Shouta

Oh really. Guess which one the Infiltrators get :^)

They get it? That's ridiculous, lol.

You kinda need all 3 attachments to get the most out it though so you need at least weapons+. It's not bad running around but a Rifle does the same job though the clip is smaller.

Wasn't it: AK, M4, SVD, P90, Other sub machine gun, two other snipers, and a shot gun for primaries?
+shield
for non dp modes yeah

there was the
submachine guns- vz, p90, mp5
assault rifles- ak, m4, g3, mk17, xm8
shotgun- m870, saiga
sniper- mosin, svd, spraying one, dsr, vss
m60, shield, and rpg

i think that's it

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
They get it? That's ridiculous, lol.

You kinda need all 3 attachments to get the most out it though so you need at least weapons+. It's not bad running around but a Rifle does the same job though the clip is smaller.

I haven't used it but Infiltrators get Muzzle Break and Grips so that should help somewhat.

They don't get an RPG like Enforcers and Scouts but they get the Hail MGR 4 which is a semi-auto grenade launcher?

Stealthy I guess.

RK9039

+shield
for non dp modes yeah

there was the
submachine guns- vz, p90, mp5
assault rifles- ak, m4, g3, mk17, xm8
shotgun- m870, saiga
sniper- mosin, svd, spraying one, dsr, vss
m60, shield, and rpg

i think that's it

It had the Boss's Patriot as well but no one used it.

RK9039

yeah that too, though it was mostly enabled for special time periods iirc

And it also had the Box (box 3 in particular lol) and the knife.

Because you could only use it if the server chose you to be the 12 players of the week.

Yeah something like that, but eventually everyone was able to use it. But because the gun was highly inaccurate no one used it. You needed to be on your A game with headshots in MGO2.

Yeah something like that, but eventually everyone was able to use it. But because the gun was highly inaccurate no one used it. You needed to be on your A game with headshots in MGO2.
Only for the last day of the server. No one used it because it was super rare. Over the 3 or so years the Patriot was avaiable I had access to it total of once.

Fisty

Finally finished up the platinum and just jumped in to MGO, send a request if you want to party up on PS4, i just hit 5

PSN big-_-_-_-boss69

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I just noticed that equipping the WU tranq underbarrel eliminates sniper scope sway for some reason.

Nope.

http://mgsforums.com/topic/7372282/1/

It definitely was available to everyone at some point, I was definitely not the player of the week. I tried it a few times. The Boss's Snake Eater track came up every time you aimed with it.
That was an event that only lasted a limited time. Anyways I'm just splitting hairs, the Patriot indeed sucked aside from the fanservice and the few players that were chosen could not use it since pretty much every free lobby room disabled it and it didn't work in survival/tournament.

RK9039

That was an event that only lasted a limited time. Anyways I'm just splitting hairs, the Patriot indeed sucked aside from the fanservice and the few players that were chosen could not use it since pretty much every free lobby room disabled it and it didn't work in survival/tournament.

Yeah it was a pretty pointless gun, the P90 was way better.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
lol, infiltrator unlocks fulton cannon about 15 level before the other classes. as if they werent OP enough

jesus this game is a mess

Meh I don't really mind that. Infiltrators focusing on fultoning is more preferable than invisible LMG rambo infiltrators imo.

Don't know about Enforcer equipment but I wouldn't trade the plush or e. locators for the fulton canon as a Scout.

Shouta

Being the only Enforcer on your team means I get to go ham with the sleep grenades. Too much fun even if I die a lot.

Spinluck

Damn - I was a massive whiner like you a few pages back. But I gave it another shot, and played exclusively with 2-3 buddies last night (stuck in a group). The game is AWESOME and if they provide support, balancing and add new content, I'm gonna be playing this for a long time.

Infiltrator is absolutely, easy to counter. If Infiltrators are running in and killing you, especially in C+D, you're doing it wrong - if you use the Buddy Link system, or play with another person moving near you, what can they possibly do? The second you get hit, you should have another person on you to support.

If you play this game SOLO and don't work in tandem with other people, you're doomed to lose - notice that all the good players move in pairs or groups, and they dominate because of that. Not because of Stealth Camo.

Also, C+D as the Defending team (protecting the discs) is really simple, if you just protect your base. Don't try and smoke out the enemy - let them come to you. They get more points for stunning, or CQCing you. When you can easily just protect key corridors and pick them off. Marking + communication + the Buddy Link make this game really great. If you aren't using all the tools, don't be surprised if you start to get whooped by people who do.

Ironically, I just came from your thread where you're whining about PSN IDs. Being critical=whining!

Are joking?

In C&D they can have weapons that kill you before you're able to react. They'll body you and a buddy in no time if they have decent aim.

Yes, being with a buddy helps, but no, that isn't a great countermeasure for this design choice.

13randO

the item is too big an advantage. there is basically no reason to use any other class in bounty hunter until lvl 30

dat balance

In what way? It trades off with the plush snare evenly. I mean, you can't use in in indoors, people can just shoot the balloon (or the cannon itself), the range isn't incredible (about the same as the plush puppy and claymore), and it can't snare multiple people at once like the plush puppy can. Over the puppy though, you can fulton walker operators with it.

I honestly don't see the cannon needing any balancing; you can simply play around it.

Gorillaz

lol, infiltrator unlocks fulton cannon about 15 level before the other classes. as if they werent OP enough

jesus this game is a mess

this is honestly the biggest thing that wont be able to change unfortunately. Their entire setup of what class gets what and when, that is the biggest indicator that they honestly have no ideas what they were doing or even cared. I actually think it's the latter.

Like who gives a shit if you die quicker as a Infilitrator, who actually lives in this game anyway. If that's the only negative then why the fuck not.

side note: I still like the Infi class but lately I actually been loving the scout class and being the eyes of the team, probably the most fun part for me.

In what way? It trades off with the plush snare evenly. I mean, you can't use in in indoors, people can just shoot the balloon (or the cannon itself), the range isn't incredible (about the same as the plush puppy and claymore), and it can't snare multiple people at once like the plush puppy can. Over the puppy though, you can fulton walker operators with it.

I honestly don't see the cannon needing any balancing; you can simply play around it.

its not even comparable in terms of importance to the plush in BH

you can't be serious

This is not even in response to what I wrote. :/

"Because they can fulton you faster" Yeah, that's what it does, but there are ways around it.

i actually got fulton cannon mixed up with fulton 2(which only infiltrate class gets) and also the fulton 2 perk works with the cannon....wow

Raiden

Banned
Man, the more I play this the less like MG it feels.

This might be the biggest wasted potential for an online MP ever. They literally had all the tools they needed and completely wiffed it.

The unlocking system is garbage

It's an unbalanced joke

C&D is ruined since one of the few advantages you have in stealth camo as an attacker is usable by the other team. This allows them to go completely offensive.

E-LOLcators

Infiltrators, before I go into what's wrong with the class, I want to point out how silly some of the defenses for this class are. "Use headphones and turn off the music!" "Use this one exploit to stop another exploit!" "ARE YOU GUYS BLIND? YOU MEAN, YOU CAN'T SEE THE BLATANT OUTLINE AND LOUD DING THAT GOES OFF?" "My buddy is always there 100% of the time, no infiltrators will ever get the jump on us, no siree!"

Believe it or not, yes, stealth camo does make you harder to see. Yeah sometimes there is the idiot sprinting around that will reveal himself. Of course the class is beatable, and there are times where they can be easy to spot. The problem is early game they are clearly the best class, and if you don't have a scout that's fucking amazing at spotting and sniping, or a broken late game enforcer--then pack it up. I mean come the fuck on, invisibility and an assault rifle with a scope, that shit is a joke. They were supposed to be sneaky, but all it is--is people taking advantage of how lenient the game is with SC. Like it's supposed to be this tactical stealth team shooter, and it's just a mess. To me it starts with this class, because if they balanced it right then people wouldn't be succeeding with shit styles of play.

Then the walker in some instances is just a joke, these developers crack me up with some of the shit they thought was a good idea. The walker isn't as bad as initially reported since the community is finding better ways to take them down. But eventually you run across one that completely wrecks a game, comm zone, or spawn. The game shows bright spots when played with like minded people, but I'm not sure how long that will go on. I just don't get how Naughty Dog schooled the people in MGS at how to do a stealthy tac shooter, and there is a fucking wall hack in that game! Doing that run and gun bullshit gets you absolutely bodied in that game. (Inb4 then go play TLoU or if you hate it so much then why are you posting here). Maybe I should try some GAF matches, otherwise, I'm not touching it till they release some kind of patch for it just so I know it'll be supported.
Lol damn. I was thinking of mocking your rage a bit but then i remembered how fucking annoyed i got back when i was a bit younger and cared more about the games i played.

Demoskinos

Yum. Just went on a 10 kill streak with my Enforcer and bullied a team of Infiltrators to death. Once you get the muzzle break and foregrip LMG's are pretty baller. Just mow down every stupid infiltrator that is trying to rush at you for an easy CQC throw.

This is not even in response to what I wrote. :/

"Because they can fulton you faster" Yeah, that's what it does, but there are ways around it.
Fuzzy seems to have decided for himself that there isn't anything about the infiltrator that isn't game-breakingly overpowered and he isn't interested in hearing otherwise.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Infiltrator nonsense is getting worse now that they are leveling up enough to use the LMGs.

See someone cloaked while I have night vision on, shoot them, they shoot me back with their LMG, I die, and through that entire encounter they don't lose cloak and also don't get marked.

Is this...the power....of stealth...?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Infiltrator nonsense is getting worse now that they are leveling up enough to use the LMGs.

See someone cloaked while I have night vision on, shoot them, they shoot me back with their LMG, I die, and through that entire encounter they don't lose cloak and also don't get marked.

Is this...the power....of stealth...?

Yeah, leveling up classes has made the game less fun than the 00-04 levels. :/

You can't even snipe properly in this game. No really good vantage points.
The only map that I think doesn't have good vantage points is the oil field, the sniping itself seems to be the hard part. Crazy sway and a complete necessity for head shots is what makes sniping so hard.

You can't even snipe properly in this game. No really good vantage points.

there's only like 3 maps with decent sniping positions. first and second day i was experimenting with scout and i stopped playing it when 90% of the players i sniped would come after me since the camera pans towards the player that killed you. i mean, what's the point of trying to be stealthy? lol

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Getting constantly disconnected from games because a party member gets disconnected from party chat might be one of the dumbest things I've seen in an online shooter in over 10 years. Especially since PSN party chat constantly gives me and my friends issues.

I've been playing loads of TSNK today and it's making me appreciate this game more. It's still not MGO but removing defenders with stealth, rush and e-locators from this mode might make it pretty decent.

Top Bottom