• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Evil Beaver

As an Enforcer I found a way to make myself much more useful in Bounty Hunter. Shield + silenced tranq gun are very effective and I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier.

...at least until I found that my teammates will outright shoot the sleeping enemies without fail each and every time.

Revven

The problem I'm finding is that I know most of you by your PSN names now, but don't have a clue who's saying what on GAF.

This is why we need to be able to change PSN names SO badly. Having to be stuck with an old name you came up with 6-7 years ago, long before you joined GAF, is annoying as shit when playing with GAFfers. D:

I ran into a new one last night. Fulton stealers. I got into a skirmish with two opposing team members and thanks to the knockdown power of the Bullhorn shotty was able to down both in a stun state but not before being knocked on my ass myself. Before I could get to the guys to Fulton them dude on my team runs up and Fulton's both out.

On one hand at least he did that but on the other...the coast was clear there were no other enemies to deal with. So stealing my points was a jerk move.
Yeah, he should've waited for someone from the other team to kill him then wake up the knocked out guys so that they could kill you

The concept of "stealing" from teammates in multiplayer games is nonsense.

Reule

Anyone with the Sneaking Suit have it unequipped for the standard BDU if a host drops a match? It has happened twice now.

Anyone with the Sneaking Suit have it unequipped for the standard BDU if a host drops a match? It has happened twice now.
Sometimes when there's connection errors the game just unequips everything your character has, not just the sneaking suit. Hell, sometimes the game would just boot me from my other characters to my avatar - wearing just the BDU on top of that.

NeoGiff

Don't think I'll be on for the rest of the day fellas. My vocal chords have been destroyed after doing that stupid Paz voice for so long.

Reule

Sometimes when there's connection errors the game just unequips everything your character has, not just the sneaking suit. Hell, sometimes the game would just boot me from my other characters to my avatar - wearing just the BDU on top of that.
Ah, I guess that's it. It was only the Sneaking Suit for me. Left my Ocelot shades and beret on. Just another thing to fix!

Yeah, like above it's not just sneaking suit but was never a problem until ascension for me, so I think it might be connected.

Discovered my first xp grinding room, lol. Enter a 4 man room and I'm watching a 30 minute game of 2 opponents standing next to each other and taking turns to interrogate. The two Attackers are both next to the disk locations so they can take it and drop it each time it resets.

Took me way too long to realise what was going on.

If you equip an underbarrel and go into the scope, you lose LOTS of sway.

Scope sway is weird in this game (i think? Don't play many shooters), some weapons like machine guns the accuracy is less in fpv because of the sway, and the sniper rifles are ridiculously inaccurate without the scope.

mf.luder

I need to start playing with you guys. I'm sick of dead lobbies.

Also, sometimes do load outs not load? I've gone into mission with no equipment and it sucks because it's CD and if I die its game over.

I need to start playing with you guys. I'm sick of dead lobbies.

Also, sometimes do load outs not load? I've gone into mission with no equipment and it sucks because it's CD and if I die its game over.

In Cloak & Dagger, If you're attacking you can only bring non-lethal weapons and if you're defending you can only use lethal weapons. So if you choose a loadout without non-lethal weapons while you're attacking you'll be left with no weapons and vice versa for defenders. This only happens in CD and the game really should automatically change your loadout if it finds that you don't have any weapons instead of leaving you with nothing. That happened to me once, so I just followed my buddy around CQCing whoever was attacking him and waking him up whenever he was stunned lol.

The time you have to choose a loadout in c&d could do with being longer for me. I find it hard to compare them in time, even though I should usually know what I want by now. It even picks one before it has stopped letting you scroll through them, so the one that was shown last isn't the one you get, but it's selected the next respawn instead. weird.

Demoskinos

I should really focus on one class but here I am leveling all three classes at once and I'm only at like level 11 with each of them. >_>

This is interesting.

For buying day one edition I remember reading about sneaking suit - but I thought it was only campaign mode.

I thought the only thing for online you got was a double XP multiplier! Have I missed other goodies ?

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
Can I play MGO even though I'm on Mission 12 in the Single Player? Will it spoil anything or is it a totally separate game?

The time you have to choose a loadout in c&d could do with being longer for me. I find it hard to compare them in time, even though I should usually know what I want by now. It even picks one before it has stopped letting you scroll through them, so the one that was shown last isn't the one you get, but it's selected the next respawn instead. weird.
You get like 5 minutes to pick your music tho heh.
Loadout selection should be with the music.

fritzo

I just got the under barrel grendade launcher for my infiltrator. Does it effect your aim drastically? I've got a Lethal aim 1 equipped and I've been using the grip with my MRS. Which has made my aim so much better. I'm just concerned about the possible trade off.

Are there any classes and abilities immune to marking and e locators? Scout perhaps?

1. Equip box
2. Lay down box
3. Slide out of box
4. Mark is gone (box is marked).

How do you even know its active? I pre-ordered on PSN and apparently "have it" not sure if it even activated.

It tells you somewhere, I cannot remember where. Somewhere obvious in freeroam.

You get 14 days.

Also, it should tell you first time you log into MGO after activating it.

Top Bottom